X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
    Funny, I just now am encoding some video to DVD - Alice Cooper on ABC's In Concert from 1972. Pretty cool to see the 'primitive' Alice.
    Awesome... thank you.

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Yeah, I don't quite follow the logic in this either. The fact is, this was only a concept album in the loosest sense, and it was devised to expand on the original Alice Cooper Group's rather limited range. Cooper had a fluke hit with "Only Women Bleed", and has been trying unsuccessfully to rewrite it ever since. I still think a sequel to Alice Cooper Goes To Hell would have been a better, and far more timely idea.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Mr Badguy
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
        Yeah, I don't quite follow the logic in this either. The fact is, this was only a concept album in the loosest sense, and it was devised to expand on the original Alice Cooper Group's rather limited range. Cooper had a fluke hit with "Only Women Bleed", and has been trying unsuccessfully to rewrite it ever since. I still think a sequel to Alice Cooper Goes To Hell would have been a better, and far more timely idea.
        You know, I think Alice probably does the best ballads out of everybody in rock.

There are a couple of duds of course, but they never seem overly cheesy unlike Aerosmith, Bon Jovi etc.

"Only women bleed", "I never cry", "The quiet room", "Might as well be on Mars", "It`s me", "Every woman has a name", to name but a few, all of these in someone elses hands could be badly overblown.
        sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Mr Walker
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
          You know, I think Alice probably does the best ballads out of everybody in rock.

There are a couple of duds of course, but they never seem overly cheesy unlike Aerosmith, Bon Jovi etc.

"Only women bleed", "I never cry", "The quiet room", "Might as well be on Mars", "It`s me", "Every woman has a name", to name but a few, all of these in someone elses hands could be badly overblown.
          'Ballad Of Dwight Frye', 'Millie & Billie', 'Jackknife Johnny' and my favorite Alice song of all time 'Pass The Gun Around'.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
            Veteran
            • Jun 2005

I at least thought Along CA Spider had some good ideas on it. IMO it kicked the shit out of Eyes and Dirty Diamonds. I am excited about any new Alice release but i'm not sure about WTMN II. I think he would be better served to do a Brutal Planet III (in my mind Dragontown was BPII).
            RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
            LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

When I saw him at the Ryman a few years back he did "The Ballad Of Dwight Frye", which blew me away, as that is one of my favorite tunes of his. Did NOT expect him to have it in the set list.
              Made my fucking night!

Comment

• binnie
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2006

Originally posted by Mr Badguy

As long as it`s not called "Welcome to my nightmare 2", how will it differ from any other Alice Cooper solo album?
                It won't be - but it will have a title from one of Alice's most famous records, and will therefore sell more. This thread has had a lot of traffic, which kind of proves the point. People will be curious to see what it sonds like because of the label.
                The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I`ll tell you something else, where do you go after you`ve brought out songs like (the misunderstood) "Dead babies" and "I love the dead".

I mean, once you`ve covered infant death and necrophilia there aren`t that many more topics that will shock people.

Ozzy, Marilyn Manson etc., all pretenders to Alice`s crown.
                  sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

Agreed - people forget about those early Alice records, but he was really doing inventive stuff. It's not just needlessly offensive, either - some of it is errie and chilling.
                    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
                      Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

The entire Billion Dollar Babies album is on a level of "sickness" never before heard. Killer had a lot of it, but everything about BDB just has a sick feel...
                      Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Vengeance
                        The entire Billion Dollar Babies album is on a level of "sickness" never before heard. Killer had a lot of it, but everything about BDB just has a sick feel...
                        Not only was the album's content brilliantly warped, the packaging was nothing short of inspired as well. In those days, 12 inch albums were not given much thought by most artists, who pretty much showed up for the cover shoot and that was about it. Alice Cooper on the other hand included all sorts of cool things with their records. For instance, the School's Out album cover folded out into a miniature school desk, that once opened revealed the record wrapped in a pair of girl's panties. Billion Dollar Babies' cover was actually a wallet that included cut out trading cards and a billion dollar bill featuring a picture of the group. The thing is, you were never charged more for these extras, and the album was never re-released a few months later with some crummy live tracks or "floor of the studio scrapings" as an "extended version", in effect expecting you to buy the same record twice.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Mr Walker
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                          Not only was the album's content brilliantly warped, the packaging was nothing short of inspired as well. In those days, 12 inch albums were not given much thought by most artists, who pretty much showed up for the cover shoot and that was about it. Alice Cooper on the other hand included all sorts of cool things with their records. For instance, the School's Out album cover folded out into a miniature school desk, that once opened revealed the record wrapped in a pair of girl's panties. Billion Dollar Babies' cover was actually a wallet that included cut out trading cards and a billion dollar bill featuring a picture of the group. The thing is, you were never charged more for these extras, and the album was never re-released a few months later with some crummy live tracks or "floor of the studio scrapings" as an "extended version", in effect expecting you to buy the same record twice.
                          My favorite Alice extra was the Muscle of Love book cover... I think it had a picture of the band peeling potatoes on it in their sailor gear.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                            Agreed - people forget about those early Alice records, but he was really doing inventive stuff. It's not just needlessly offensive, either - some of it is errie and chilling.
                            When a lot of people look back at early Alice they start at the Ezrin era (Love It To Death), but 'Pretties For You' and 'Easy Action' have some hidden gems. I think 'Shoe Salesman' is a brilliant track.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ThrillsNSpills
                              No shit.
                              If Desmond Child is involved it may as well be called Welcome to my Milkshake.
                              Desmond Child (Producer of 'Trash') posted the following message on Twitter yesterday: "Hey everybody... sorry for my absence... I'm writing with Alice Cooper and Bob Ezrin tomorrow for 'Welcome To My Nightmare 2!"

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                                Desmond Child (Producer of 'Trash') posted the following message on Twitter yesterday: "Hey everybody... sorry for my absence... I'm writing with Alice Cooper and Bob Ezrin tomorrow for 'Welcome To My Nightmare 2!"

I just threw up a little in my mouth.
                                Same here. And we can forget anything he has a hand in being listenable, tolerable, or not completely GHEY...
                                Originally posted by conmee
                                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                                Originally posted by eddie78
                                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...