• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WARF
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Celtics Vs. Lakers -- 2010 NBA Finals Chatter

WOOOO!!!!!
    Put banner number 18 up in the fucking rafters baybee!!!

Who do you like this year... you basketball junkies?!?!

Post your thoughts here about the 2010 NBA Finals...

Celtics Vs. Lakers...
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

These finals were a disapointment, from a strict sports fan point of view.

I mean, we could have had one of the best finals in years in a Cavs V. Lakers finals, the two best players in the league in LeBron V. Kobe matchup.

nope, we're stuck with assholes KG and Paul Pierce somehow having one final shot at a ring. don't get me wrong, if this was say, 1986, and it was Magic V. Bird, I'd be far more accepting of such a thing, but just am disappointed.
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• WARF
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

What the fuck are you smoking chainy?!?!

Lakers Vs. Celtics is the best fucking rivalry in basketball history... this is gonna be massive...

Poor loser Lebron is heading to New York to choke and lose more championships lolololol

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

rootin' for boston. i think boston was the only team with enough bigs to match up with the lakers.
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• WARF
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Kobe is definately gonna have his hands full tryin to cover both Ray Allen and Rondo....

Lakers Vs Celtics.... this is basketball at its finest...

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

i remembered pierce coverin' kobe alot last time.
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
              rootin' for boston. i think boston was the only team with enough bigs to match up with the lakers.

I'd have to agree, mainly because so many idiot sportswriters are claiming this to be over before it begins. These are the same twits that concluded that Boston was out of things at the halfway point of the season, and claimed that Kobe's finger would keep the Lakers out of the play-offs. I'm looking forward to watching the Artest/Pierce match-up and how this will effect Rondo, who has played spectacularly as of late. There are some things to wonder about though, particularly the condition of Davis and Wallace. Don't forget that Marquis Daniels is still a bit groggy as well. What could help is that games 3, 4 and 5 will be played at Boston. That swing could prove to be pivotal.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                i remembered pierce coverin' kobe alot last time.
                sorry, sidetracked at work. still think rondo will have fischer on him, and artest on allen, i would think.

Comment

• Unchainme
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2005

Originally posted by WARF
                  What the fuck are you smoking chainy?!?!

Lakers Vs. Celtics is the best fucking rivalry in basketball history... this is gonna be massive...

Poor loser Lebron is heading to New York to choke and lose more championships lolololol
                  Is larry bird suiting up for the celtics?

magic for the lakers?

no, it's a bunch of punks and thugs who happen to be donning the words "Celtics" on the front of their jerseys, not one guy on that whole roster I would root for, with the exception of Rondo, who plays like the clone of Isiah Thomas.

Am I bias? yeah, hell yeah I am, but it doesn't take away how unlikeable both of these teams currently are for the rest of the country.

Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Unchainme

magic for the lakers?

no, it's a bunch of punks and thugs who happen to be donning the words "Celtics" on the front of their jerseys, not one guy on that whole roster I would root for, with the exception of Rondo, who plays like the clone of Isiah Thomas.

Am I bias? yeah, hell yeah I am, but it doesn't take away how unlikeable both of these teams currently are for the rest of the country.

]
                    i think ray allen is a great player. i respect his game. rondo too, like you said. the kid that backs up rondo has played some very good ball also. the celtics are very good actors, but definately not the worst offenders. (cough: san antonio)

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

magic for the lakers?

Yeah, you could say that. Hell, I was a huge fan of Bird, Parish and good old Herman Munster lookalike Kevin McHale. But that was a different era. Right now, this amounts to the best that the NBA has to offer, no matter who is or isn't playing or who the fans would like to see.

By the way, for fans of that bygone era, I just finished reading Jackie MacMullan's When the Game Was Ours, written with Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. MacMullen does her usual questionable job of writing, jumbling up people and events so you really aren't sure who is saying and doing what and when they are doing it. But the book is saved by the remarkably frank words of Bird and Johnson, who freely admit mistakes and regrets. It really is a terrific read, and definitely worthwhile as it covers not only their NBA tenure, but their college and Dream Team Olympic years as well. The price is a bit steep however, so wait a few months for the paperback edition.

Last edited by chefcraig; 06-01-2010, 07:47 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Cleveland had no business being in these Finals the way they played so the right teams are here for sure.

I don't like Pierce but he can step it up when he needs to. Kobe was the reason they beat Phoniex...he just couldn't miss when it mattered.

Lakers will win in 6
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

magic for the lakers?

It's a man's game Unchainme...man's game. That was a clean play. Ever played basketball? Gotta keep your head up. This isn't soccer.
                          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I don't even like the Celtics and I can't stop watching that Youtube of Garnett knocking that fool senseless
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• redblkwht
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Tired of Kobe Kobe Kobe..
                              Enough, Go Fucking Celtics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EUAS

Comment

Working...