Racist ranting / Shit-flinging / Career advice thread (formerly about BP and Obama)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Catfish
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    Wow, got the other thread moved, so you have to start that shit in this one?

You need a timeout, dude. You're past out of line.
    jhale667, don't derail another thread with your whining!

Stay on topic!

Thanks!

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      Funny thing is though, all the so-called "conservatives" aren't supposed to believe that gov't is supposed to do anything. And then still attack Obama for not doing enough...
      Pretty self-explanatory on that one. Considering the fact that the large oil conglomerates have bought and sold many a conservative (and liberal) it's no surprise to me that no one in the Senate or Congress seems to be too irate about this than a 20-second soundbite of absolute rhetoric. If Obama wants to star talking about "ass kicking" then let him. Do you seriously think for one second Tony Hayward gives a shit?

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Nope...

it's a dog and pony show...

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Really? You're gonna go with "human error"?

Originally posted by Jagermeister
          lol. Oh come on. Oil well accidents have been around well since we started drilling for oil.

Human error more than anything IMO.

That's an AWFUL LOT of human error, don't you think? Why are you being an apologist for the oil industry?
          Dude, why do you think there's been NO advancement in cleanup tech since Valdez? Because they haven't had to - worse they don't give a crap. The "state of the art" rig you talk about has also been described as "rickety" and there's 4 or 5 more platforms of the same design that far out that could take a shit? A LOT more oversight is needed and no more NEW drilling until they can show they can maintain the existing ones. They haven't, obviously.

Don't make excuses for them, they're destroying the fricking Earth...ever heard of the "Global Tipping Point"? Where we fuck up the environment SO badly that it CAN'T recover? This could be it - the time for complacency is over.

Also,
          If you were being truthful...your post would have read:

Originally posted by Catfish
          I'm about to derail another thread with my bullshit!
          Practice what you preach. You stay on topic, asshat.
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

That's really not true. Less government is not the same as no government.
            Or more government---with less regulation of the oil industry--the GOP largely fostered from 2001-2008...In any case, what exactly would you have Obama do here? He's not an engineer and he didn't work for BP-Amoco/Castrol. The gov't is doing what it can to curtail the oil and minimize impact, but when you have an undersea well gushing oil into the Gulf and a company that keeps lying and low-balling the impact, there's not all that much a president can do...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Obama is FULL OF SHIT talking about how he was down there a month ago, "before most of these talking heads were even paying attention to the gulf."

He didn't give SHIT ONE when that rig exploded, and didn't even acknowledge the disaster until an entire week passed while the gulf was filling with poison. He was too busy giving speeches about his stupid heath care reform to even notice.
              Based on what? Where did you hear this?

At least he's not getting a free pass on this anymore. No, the explosion certainly isn't his fault, but the blame of all the "action" since can be divvied up toward him.
              What actions specifically? There's no superoilweapon™ that can be deployed at this time and no one can completely stop the well until at least August...

I love how the Bush administration was drawn and quartered because an arm of the government it had no power to control dragged its feet in getting to Louisiana to help relieve Katrina victims. How long did that take? Two days? By comparison this is A DISASTER!

Our president once again shows he's in way over his bloated head.
              The Douche Administration was "drawn and quartered" because he appointed a completely inept, unqualified political hack ("Heck-of-a-job-Brownie") to head FEMA and because there were bodies laying in the streets of New Orleans for weeks after the event.

No one blamed him for not stopping the Hurricane...

Comment

• Jagermeister
                Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

That's an AWFUL LOT of human error, don't you think? Why are you being an apologist for the oil industry?
                Dude, why do you think there's been NO advancement in cleanup tech since Valdez? Because they haven't had to - worse they don't give a crap. The "state of the art" rig you talk about has also been described as "rickety" and there's 4 or 5 more platforms of the same design that far out that could take a shit? A LOT more oversight is needed and no more NEW drilling until they can show they can maintain the existing ones. They haven't, obviously.

Don't make excuses for them, they're destroying the fricking Earth...ever heard of the "Global Tipping Point"? Where we fuck up the environment SO badly that it CAN'T recover? This could be it - the time for complacency is over.

Also,
                If you were being truthful...your post would have read:

Practice what you preach. You stay on topic, asshat.
                I'm not.

Comment

• Catfish
                  Sniper
                  • Jan 2004

Nick, you have to be kidding. I didn't "hear" that Obama didn't do or say shit when the rig exploded because there was nothing to hear. He did/said nothing. And if he did address it, it had to have been a pip squeak remark at best and I missed it. He was busy trumpeting his health care victory, and still trying to justify it, at that.

If he had shown some leadership, acted quickly and swiftly and perhaps called out for the "asses" he's only now seeking THEN, the cleanup progress probably would be moving along at a different and better clip.

And Obama didn't cause the leak, just like Bush didn't start the hurricane. I'm only comparing responses to disasters. And Bush looked like Usian Bolt by comparison. Plus--let's not forget that the bodies who you say were left laying in the streets belonged to people who had no interest in self preservation. The whole region--check that--the whole PLANET knew that terrible hurricane was on the way. Yet many lazy people chose not to do anything about it, instead opting to be saved instead of saving themselves. It's the fucking welfare mentality, bro.

Comment

• Catfish
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2004

So there

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Nick, you have to be kidding. I didn't "hear" that Obama didn't do or say shit when the rig exploded because there was nothing to hear. He did/said nothing. And if he did address it, it had to have been a pip squeak remark at best and I missed it. He was busy trumpeting his health care victory, and still trying to justify it, at that.

If he had shown some leadership, acted quickly and swiftly and perhaps called out for the "asses" he's only now seeking THEN, the cleanup progress probably would be moving along at a different and better clip.

And Obama didn't cause the leak, just like Bush didn't start the hurricane. I'm only comparing responses to disasters. And Bush looked like Usian Bolt by comparison. Plus--let's not forget that the bodies who you say were left laying in the streets belonged to people who had no interest in self preservation. The whole region--check that--the whole PLANET knew that terrible hurricane was on the way. Yet many lazy people chose not to do anything about it, instead opting to be saved instead of saving themselves. It's the fucking welfare mentality, bro.
                      But you can't clean up an ongoing spill. And I recall BP minimizing the disaster and insinuating they could quickly cap the well. Even the "Top Kill" was supposed to have had a 70% chance of success...

Comment

• Catfish
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        But you can't clean up an ongoing spill. And I recall BP minimizing the disaster and insinuating they could quickly cap the well. Even the "Top Kill" was supposed to have had a 70% chance of success...
                        Well, that's it then. We're fucked! Let the oil hit the gulf stream and let me know when it reaches the UK!

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

I'm only comparing responses to disasters.
                          No, you're not - because FEMA isn't equipped to handle OIL SPILLS as well as the OIL INDUSTRY IS SUPPOSED TO be able to. You're just using it to get your Obama-hate agenda across.

"Welfare mentality"...
                          Last edited by jhale667; 06-08-2010, 03:43 PM.
                          Originally posted by conmee
                          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                          Originally posted by eddie78
                          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

For anyone who is interested, here is a link to the White House web page regarding the spill.

And here is a link to a chronology of the administration's response to the spill, which began on April 20.
                            ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                            Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

No, you're not - because FEMA isn't equipped to handle OIL SPILLS as well as the OIL INDUSTRY IS SUPPOSED TO be able to. You're just using it to get your Obama-hate agenda across.

"Welfare mentality"...
                              You are more angry today than usual.

Comment

• Catfish
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2004

You are more angry today than usual.
                                He is, isn't he! He's an angry guy. He lets too much get to him

Comment

Working...