X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Thread view count

Once someone posts in a thread, does it place a cookie on their pc so it knows that they are returning? Or every time does it count a return as another view?

I was just curious if these threads with 300 views and such, if like 10 are from me returning to read the new posts and add another post to it, or if the views are "unique" visitors.

Anyone know how this works?
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

nope.
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Whiteflag
      Banned
      • Jun 2010

What about the view I once had. Under all those fathoms of the deep blue sea.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Whiteflag
        What about the view I once had. Under all those fathoms of the deep blue sea.
        isn't it black down there?
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Jagermeister
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by sadaist
          Once someone posts in a thread, does it place a cookie on their pc so it knows that they are returning? Or every time does it count a return as another view?

I was just curious if these threads with 300 views and such, if like 10 are from me returning to read the new posts and add another post to it, or if the views are "unique" visitors.

Anyone know how this works?

Negative. You can go look 100 times and it will show 100 views.

Comment

• Whiteflag
            Banned
            • Jun 2010

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
            isn't it black down there?
            No. But, your mother is.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Whiteflag
              No. But, your mother is.
              nice, when ya comin' back to the chatbox to proclaim the wonders of flapjacks?

Comment

Working...