X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by binnie
    Yup, I know - it's amazing how a lot of bands I consider as 'new' have suddenly got five records. God I hate getting older.
    And just think, you're one of the KIDS among us..imagine how the rest of us feel...lol I mean, unlike some here, I'm not going to be getting AARP mags in the mail for a couple more decades but still..

As for Malakian - they're known as "System of a Clown" in LA... and seemingly not taken very seriously. He's an OK guitarist, might be just under 35 though...
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Wow, I'm surprised they don't get more props - they could headline arenas here. To these ears, they were going something very, very different as a band. They reminded of Bad Brains in places, but mixed with really odd time signatures and Eastern European melodies. Perhaps the blatently left-wing stance grates on some.....
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Further proof that the term 'guitar god' does not actually require you to be a shredder, is Stevie Ray Vaughan.

I recently got a bootleg DVD of him at the CBS Records Convention in Honolulu in March of 1984 with Jeff Beck coming out to jam with him on some encores.

Talk about on fire! Stevie's performance was jaw-dropping, to say the least. Absolutely mind-blowing!

No shred in sight!

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
          Further proof that the term 'guitar god' does not actually require you to be a shredder, is Stevie Ray Vaughan.

I recently got a bootleg DVD of him at the CBS Records Convention in Honolulu in March of 1984 with Jeff Beck coming out to jam with him on some encores.

Talk about on fire! Stevie's performance was jaw-dropping, to say the least. Absolutely mind-blowing!

No shred in sight!
          I don't know - wouldn't you consider someone with as ferocious an attack as SRV - I mean he beat the shit out of his guitar, and his vibrato was beyond authoritative...a blues "shredder" at least for lack of a better term?
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• GreenBayLA
            Sniper
            • Jan 2006

Not a shredder but I love Jack White's tasty tone and riffs.

Eighteenhundred87
            5 months ago
            Jack's general pedal set up include a NYC made Big Muff fuzz pedal, which is a huge part of his driven, gained up sound you hear here. He also uses a Digitech Whammy and I believe a Boss compression pedal and maybe a few various others.
            Last edited by GreenBayLA; 07-13-2010, 06:53 AM.
            "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

Working...