Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    01-08-2015 @ 01:06 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Randy rhoads

Former QUIET RIOT bassist Kelly Garni and Kelle Rhoads, brother of late OZZY OSBOURNE/QUIET RIOT guitarist Randy Rhoads, have made a major announcement for fans across the globe. A museum dedicated to the legacy of Randy Rhoads is set to open later this year in Corona, California. The location was picked as it's just a short distance away from Randy's gravesite in southern California.

Video footage of the announcement can be viewed below.

As previously reported, a new Randy Rhoads book is in the works entitled "You Can't Kill Rock & Roll" that has a "major publisher" backing the project. Rock photographer Jay Banbury, whose picture of Randy was selected as the front cover image for the book, states, "'You Can't Kill Rock & Roll' will be the most complete and comprehensive book ever written on Randy Rhoads, period! I've personally read numerous chapters from the book and I can honestly tell all of you, that this is the book we've all been waiting for! No rehashed guitar magazine articles or fluff story. 'You Can't Kill Rock & Roll' is being written by Randy's lifelong friend Kelly Garni along with award-winning editor/screenwriter Michael Lynn. Kelly Garni sets the record straight and tells the real Randy Rhoads story as only Kelly can!

"Not only will this book be a great read, it will also contain numerous unpublished photos, memorabilia, personal artifacts, drawings and clippings created by Randy Rhoads himself, along with personal letters that were handwritten by Randy to friends, family and most importantly letters that go into great detail about life on the road while on tour."

Regarding the fact that one of his pictures was selected to be the front cover image for the "You Can't Kill Rock & Roll" book, Banbury says, "It's been nearly 30 years since I shot those special pictures of Randy and I never would have imagined back then how lucky I was to be at the right place at the right time."

In 1982, Rhoads, the then-lead guitarist for OZZY OSBOURNE, and two others were killed at Flying Baron Estates, just outside Leesburg, Florida, when their small plane struck Osbourne's tour bus, then crashed into a mansion.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a4m8IsamI30&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a4m8IsamI30&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked Jagermeister for this KICKASS post:

tojoro (06-14-2010)

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

Randy Rhoads Museum to Open in California!!

'Bout time...

Randy Rhoads will soon be honored with a museum dedicated to his legacy, reports RoadrunnerRecords.com. Rhoads’ brother, Kelle Rhoads, and former Quiet Riot bassist Kelly Garni, who was a close friend of Rhoads, made the announcement, saying the museum will open later this year in Corona, California. The location is a short distance from Rhoads’ gravesite.

The announcement comes on the heels of news that a Rhoads biography, titled You Can’t Kill Rock & Roll, is being written by Garni, with help from editor and screenwriter Michael Lynn. Photographer Jay Banbury, who took the shot of Rhoads that will adorn the cover, says the book will be the most comprehensive portrait of Rhoads ever written. “I’ve personally read numerous chapters from the book and I can honestly [say] that this is the book we've all been waiting for,” said Banbury. “No rehashed guitar magazine articles or fluff story.”

Rhoads was killed in 1982, along with two others, when the small plane in which he was riding crashed after striking Ozzy Osbourne’s tour bus. The guitar legend served as Osbourne’s lead guitarist from 1979 until his death. His famous polka-dot Flying V is on display at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland.

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyl...y-rhoads-0614/

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a4m8IsamI30&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a4m8IsamI30&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_ US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

4. Thanked jhale667 for this KICKASS post:

tojoro (06-14-2010)

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Started a similar thread in Gear St. at almost the exact same second...lol

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhale667 View Post
    Started a similar thread in Gear St. at almost the exact same second...lol

lol!!!.

Oh well put um together.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Now if we could just get someone to roll out "The Grail" we would have some music to go along with this.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I still wonder if the Peter Margolis documentary will EVER see the light of day...?

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I still wonder if the Peter Margolis documentary will EVER see the light of day...?
    I don't know. It frustrates the piss out of me that we don't have more material form Randy.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    I don't know. It frustrates the piss out of me that we don't have more material form Randy.
    Well, you know who's mostly to blame for that...

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Well, you know who's mostly to blame for that...
    Sharon?

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Shazam, merged...

13. Thanked Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

jhale667 (06-14-2010)

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Sharon?
    She was allegedly one of the reasons for the last snag on the documentary - Daisley and Kerslake want the original versions used if they were commentating - NOT the bastardized versions. Big dispute about that. Perhaps now that Sharon is caving and re-releasing the originals, maybe that impasse can clear now as well...

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

She was allegedly one of the reasons for the last snag on the documentary - Daisley and Kerslake want the original versions used if they were commentating - NOT the bastardized versions. Big dispute about that. Perhaps now that Sharon is caving and re-releasing the originals, maybe that impasse can clear now as well...
    Sure...just as soon as Margolis agrees to sign over 98% of the initial profits and licensing fees from movie theaters (including overseas theatrical sales), then an additional 100% of all sales and rights to the eventual DVD release worldwide.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Sure...just as soon as Margolis agrees to sign over 98% of the initial profits and licensing fees from movie theaters (including overseas theatrical sales), then an additional 100% of all sales and rights to the eventual DVD release worldwide.
    That guy is kind of screwed either way...conform to Sharon's demands or no music period, but if the original material isn't used Daisley and Kerslake will not let him use their interview footage, project is still hosed. Talk about a Catch-22...

Oakland '81...WTF?
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-28-2015 @ 09:48 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I've heard that the film is still due to come out this year. Attempting to tell the story of Randy through film would be a tough task, in my opinion. Peter has had more than his share of roadblocks from day one. There are a lot of armchair quarterbacks, (so to speak), within the Rhoads community who have done their best to spread rumors and derail Peter.
    These same folks now wonder why Peter is now completely mum on the subject and they no longer get progress updates.
    I've said it before, but is truly a shame that all of these folks couldn't get this done out of the goodness of their hearts for their friend, instead of bringing in the he said/ she said nonsense into it, or awaiting their payday for their contribution.
    From what I understand, Peter spent a lot of his own time and cash on this project. In my eyes, he's a good guy, looking to do the right thing for the fans, as well as Randy's family and legacy.
    There just seems to be too much bitterness and old grudges that seem to be gumming up the works.
    I'm just hoping that with all the attention over the museum, the wine, the forthcoming book, remasters and footage, that Peter can just quietly get this finished.

Oakland '81...WTF?
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-28-2015 @ 09:48 AM
    Status
    Thanks

To add to what you guys said, it'd be nice if somehow Bob, Lee, Ozzy and Sharon could all get together and make amends, Blizzard and Diary could get the proper remaster they deserve, and each would have a seperate disc with a combination of the studio chatter & unfaded outro solos the Osbournes have, as well as the inclusion of some of the 'grail' material Bob has.
    Just get it all done right, once and for all and everyone gets their fair share.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tojoro View Post
    To add to what you guys said, it'd be nice if somehow Bob, Lee, Ozzy and Sharon could all get together and make amends, Blizzard and Diary could get the proper remaster they deserve, and each would have a seperate disc with a combination of the studio chatter & unfaded outro solos the Osbournes have, as well as the inclusion of some of the 'grail' material Bob has.
    Just get it all done right, once and for all and everyone gets their fair share.
    Sharon's a control freak. I think if someone new how to play her she would come around.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tojoro View Post
    I remember Kevin Dubrow withdrawing from the project due to "other people's outside agendas" among other things...he wanted the bulk of the proceeds from the film to benefit the Scholarship set up in Randy's name...

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I remember Kevin Dubrow withdrawing from the project due to "other people's outside agendas" among other things...he wanted the bulk of the proceeds from the film to benefit the Scholarship set up in Randy's name...
    A good cause. This is what I am talking about. If someone approched Sharon and said " Hey let's do this with the 20% of the procedes going towards your charity." which is some colon cancer thing I think. I bet she would be all over it. Someone is just not apprcoching this with the right angle.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

A good cause. This is what I am talking about. If someone approched Sharon and said " Hey let's do this with the 20% of the procedes going towards your charity." which is some colon cancer thing I think. I bet she would be all over it. Someone is just not apprcoching this with the right angle.
    Probably because after all these years with so much animosity, the relationships of all the parties involved are strained past the point of...confrontational, y'know? They need a 3rd, 4th, maybe 5th party to negotiate... Judge Judy, some fucking body!

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Probably because after all these years with so much animosity, the relationships of all the parties involved are strained past the point of...confrontational, y'know? They need a 3rd, 4th, maybe 5th party to negotiate... Judge Judy, some fucking body!

Yeah.

I know the Hoff!

Thread Information