X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Neil Zlozower shares his Van Halen stories

Tip of the hat to VHND and Sixx Stories (by the way, Zloz's book is outstanding, got my copy signed):

The embed link doesn't work, here's the Sixx link:

Neil Zlozower shares some of his favorite Van Halen Stories
    Wednesday, 16 June 2010

Rock Photography icon Neil Zlozower shares some of his Van Halen favorite stories with Nikki Sixx in a new interview on Nikki’s website, SixxSense.com.

In this interview, Zlozower recalls some memorable tales of Van Halen’s climb to superstardom from 1978 - 1980. Length is 19:36.

As part of Van Halen’s entourage, “Zloz”, toured America with Van Halen, becoming their primary photographer in their years. He was their friend who had the intimate access to the band that no one else had. Whether on the stage of a football stadium, poolside at a Holiday Inn or at Dave’s dad’s house, Neil and his camera were there and in everyone’s face.

Zlozower has a number of books on rock photography — including Van Halen: A Visual History, 1978-1984, which is the definitive Van Halen photo book. The 232 coffee table hardcover is jam packed with hundreds of classic and never before published photos. This treasure is a must have for any fan of Van Halen! Van Halen Store is offering the book SIGNED by Neil Zlozower, himself! Click here to to learn more about the book or order your autographed copy!
    Last edited by Va Beach VH Fan; 06-16-2010, 02:39 PM.
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • Jagermeister
    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Comment

• lesfunk
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Very interesting conversation
      http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

Zloz has the best VH stories. Too bad we can't hear the rest...
        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• what waz zat
          Roadie
          • Jan 2004

Great interview

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

I think Sixx does excellent interviews, by the way....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Blaze
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" style="display:block;margin:0" width="320" height="384" data="http://www.kyte.tv/f/"><param name="movie" value="http://www.kyte.tv/f/" /><param name="flashVars" value="p=1693&c=386387&l=90167&s=928899&tbid=83856 " /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /></object>
              "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
              sigpic

Comment

• Blaze
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Thanks for the link Va Beach VH Fan!
                "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                sigpic

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

100's of hot Texas women in a real Caligula orgy. I would hang around the band as well. Basically Neil was saying he got a quality lay with Van Halen but couldn't get laid with Quiet Riot or Journey. LOL!
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                    I think Sixx does excellent interviews, by the way....
                    Agreed..,
                    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• GreenBayLA
                      Sniper
                      • Jan 2006

I met Zloz backstage at an Aerosmith show when GNR was opening for them on Permanent Vacation tour in 1988. He's a character. He asked if we had any pot, no dude sorry. He talked about that feeling you get if you haven't got high for 3 days, LOL
                      "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• hambon4lif
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

I always dug the way he says the word "brutal".....he says it with such conviction. Just like how Dave says "Rock'N'Roll". You understand the meaning just in the way it's said.

When Zloz talks about Van Halens first tour with Sabbath, he says "they were br-u-u-u-u-tal"

....that's always cracked me up.

Zloz fuckin' RULES!!!

Comment

Working...