Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Status

Rothwell Hellbender Overdrive

It's fun to have an overdrive pedal to play around with from time to time. Keeps things fresh and can provide a different tonal palette from a clean boost to straight overdrive on a clean amp. Anwho, I started looking into the Rothwell Hellbender. They seem to have a big mid hump ala Marshall. Handbuilt in the U.K. Anyone ever play one? Check these out.....On the first video be honest which one did you think was the plexi and which one the pedal?

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Interesting...
    I'm still looking for a possible replacement for the MXR Micro Amp on my board to add a little more oomph to my MK III's rhythm channel at lower volumes. Leaning towards the MXR/CAE Boost/OD but the Rothwell could be cool too...

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Status
    You should check out Wampler pedals too. Specifically the Talent Booster. I'm interested in their Super Plextortion.

Sometimes you just need that "11" on your guitar or amp... something to to beat your amp into submission and show it who's boss...

It's finally here... the TALENT booster. It's true! Step on the button and instant talent... well, that's not entirely true but stepping on the button will catapult your signal making your amp much more responsive. I've designed this pedal to be very touch sensitive and warm, yet it has a switch to add in some mids and presence if you need extra 'girth'. It's a very transparent JFET based booster, and has a 'gain' control (which allows you to have a hint of dirt), a volume control, and a presence switch which will add in some mids and highs.

Cranking up the gain and you can add just a bit of natural compression and a bit of grind that makes a clean tone jump out... it doesn't change your tone at all however, it just ADDs to it!

It works well as a simple solo boost as well - place it behind your favorite overdrive or distortion (or use it in your amp's effects loop) and it will allow you to get your solo tones way out in front.

http://www.wamplerpedals.com/talent_booster

Last edited by indeedido; 06-19-2010 at 09:25 AM.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    More pedal peddling.

Thread Information