It's time for Great White to call it a day...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

It's time for Great White to call it a day...

Check out 'ol rubber legs @ 2:10
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wqZyrU66Olo&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0 x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wqZyrU66Olo&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0 x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Talk about bottom feeding. Some bands just don't know when to pack it in.
    It's over Jack, let it go...

More GW drama...

Metal Sludge -- Hot off the social media wire, the band FireHouse will perform this weekend without their lead singer Cj Snare.Snare took to his official Facebook this morning and wrote: "So, I woke up this morning and was sick in my stomach. Headed to...

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Is that Jack Russell or Bobcat Goldthwait?
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• hambon4lif
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
      Check out 'ol rubber legs @ 2:10
      <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wqZyrU66Olo&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0 x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wqZyrU66Olo&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0 x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Talk about bottom feeding. Some bands just don't know when to pack it in.
      It's over Jack, let it go!
      That has to be the saddest shit I've ever seen......I'm surprised he didn't crawl off the stage in total shame.

No need to stick a fork in that....it's fucking DONE!

Comment

• GAR
        Banned
        • Jan 2004

This was the backyard party band from Whittier that used to open for those huge RATT and Armored Saint parties at the Balian mansion in Altadena.. wow from MTV to Idontwannasee!

I have two stories: one was I saw the guy in the PCC cafeteria once, beating the shit out of a Donkey Kong machine because he wasn't any good.

Another time, we went to go see RATT at Perkins Palace and they were opening, Mark Kendall was playing guitar with those stupid shades on and somebody in the audience threw a full can of beer in his fuckin face, and it hit him full smash-on in the chopper - the force of a 12-oz'er from 20 rows back really knocked his head backward. But he kept on singing, didn't lose a beat.

I was like, wow that guy just took a full hard shot and must be hurtin, but he's not budging.

They got noticed from KMET's Local Licks at Eleven contest, sunday nites.. they did a cover of "Substitute" by the Who, which got them on a compilation with Metal Blade I think.. where they recorded the song "Stick It" which Russel would flip off the crowd and get them to flip him back.. which sold and got 'em a major deal inside of a couple years.

I think I first heard of them in 82 and they got signed by 84.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

that vid somehow says...don't do drugs...doesn't it?
          Roth Army Icon
          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Starwood
            Roadie
            • Jan 2004

"Anything worth doing is worth over-doing".
            Starwood saw the sun come up at Jack's place in Manhattan Beach a few times. Those were the days when you could do an 8 ball yourself and be ready to go again the next night. Starwood retired from the blow scene a few years back due to the fact that it took him a fkn week to recover. Don't miss it.

GW Done? They were done a long time ago....

RIP Scott "Wad" Griffith
            Helping RothTards speak in the 3rd person since 2004!

Comment

• Starwood
              Roadie
              • Jan 2004

Not looking to hijack the thread - but Scott was my guitarist and it still hurts every fkn day.

Carry on, troops!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

If they had any class at all they would have stopped after the fire.

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                  Is that Jack Russell or Bobcat Goldthwait?
                  I thought it was Beau Bridges.

But really. Man that was was rough to watch. Dude is out of his mind wasted. Yeah, I like my rock stars wasted, but really? A chair? I just don't know man. Hope Jack gets some help & gets better. I always liked him.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                    If they had any class at all they would have stopped after the fire.
                    I don't know. Something about rising above & continuing. Look at Def Leppard. Drummers arm, Steves death. They did great continuing. When they should have stopped was when someone said "hey, lets hire Vivian". But for Great White to have a display like this? Just wow. People give Vince Neil so much shit when he let himself go & get fat. But he was never, ever like this. It has to be rough not being a rock star anymore. Looks like Jack is trying to mask the pain rather than regroup and do something worth while. Depression is a miserable, soul eating beast.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

100 people died because of them, they have a nerve showing their faces in public, never mind playing, never mind playing like that.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

"CLEANUP IN AISLE 9"

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jPOxRTuoa9U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jPOxRTuoa9U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                          100 people died because of them, they have a nerve showing their faces in public, never mind playing, never mind playing like that.
                          I don't agree. This is like saying The Who should have disbanded because the crowd stampeded getting into the Cincinnati Coliseum in 1979, killing eleven people. (In retrospect, the band should have hung it up after Keith Moon died, but that's another story.) A band is hired to perform and people pay to attend, so the responsibility in all of this remains with management, both the band's and the venue's. This is not just my opinion, but that of the law, which found the group's road manager and the owners of the club guilty of manslaughter.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

Steel Panther should parody THAT!

Comment

• Starwood
                              Roadie
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              I don't agree. This is like saying The Who should have disbanded because the crowd stampeded getting into the Cincinnati Coliseum in 1979, killing eleven people. (In retrospect, the band should have hung it up after Keith Moon died, but that's another story.) A band is hired to perform and people pay to attend, so the responsibility in all of this remains with management, both the band's and the venue's. This is not just my opinion, but that of the law, which found the group's road manager and the owners of the club guilty of manslaughter.
                              Agreed. Was not the band members' fault. That video is, though. Ouch.

Comment

Working...