It's time for Great White to call it a day...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
    I thought it was Beau Bridges.

But really. Man that was was rough to watch. Dude is out of his mind wasted. Yeah, I like my rock stars wasted, but really? A chair? I just don't know man. Hope Jack gets some help & gets better. I always liked him.
    Or Ron Jeremy...

But fuck, I hate to insult Ron Jeremy, Beau Bridges, or Bob Kat--because none of those guys ever killed dozens of people in a pyrotechnics abortion of stupidity...

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      Or Ron Jeremy...

But fuck, I hate to insult Ron Jeremy, Beau Bridges, or Bob Kat--because none of those guys ever killed dozens of people in a pyrotechnics abortion of stupidity...

I always have been a big fan of Beau Bridges. IDK why. I know everyone likes his brother...I do too. But I like Beau better. Always have.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        100 people died because of them, they have a nerve showing their faces in public, never mind playing, never mind playing like that.

I don't know how they continued to make any money after killing 50% of their fan base.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Seshmeister
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Hahaha,

I'm not sure how they can stand there in clubs singing 'Once bitten twice shy'...

Comment

• Catfish
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
            This was the backyard party band from Whittier that used to open for those huge RATT and Armored Saint parties at the Balian mansion in Altadena.. wow from MTV to Idontwannasee!

I have two stories: one was I saw the guy in the PCC cafeteria once, beating the shit out of a Donkey Kong machine because he wasn't any good.

Another time, we went to go see RATT at Perkins Palace and they were opening, Mark Kendall was playing guitar with those stupid shades on and somebody in the audience threw a full can of beer in his fuckin face, and it hit him full smash-on in the chopper - the force of a 12-oz'er from 20 rows back really knocked his head backward. But he kept on singing, didn't lose a beat.

I was like, wow that guy just took a full hard shot and must be hurtin, but he's not budging.

They got noticed from KMET's Local Licks at Eleven contest, sunday nites.. they did a cover of "Substitute" by the Who, which got them on a compilation with Metal Blade I think.. where they recorded the song "Stick It" which Russel would flip off the crowd and get them to flip him back.. which sold and got 'em a major deal inside of a couple years.

I think I first heard of them in 82 and they got signed by 84.
            Great stuff, GAR.

You sure it wasn't La Habra and not Whittier, though?

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by chefcraig
              I don't agree. This is like saying The Who should have disbanded because the crowd stampeded getting into the Cincinnati Coliseum in 1979, killing eleven people. (In retrospect, the band should have hung it up after Keith Moon died, but that's another story.) A band is hired to perform and people pay to attend, so the responsibility in all of this remains with management, both the band's and the venue's.
              I don't think a band is responsible for actions of the venue but they are for the criminal negligence of their manager. We are not talking about a huge company here, the Great White organisation at that point were the band and their employees probably about 3 or 4 people. I think at least morally they should accept some responsibility for their appointment and supervision of the road manager.

Comment

• Catfish
                Sniper
                • Jan 2004

I think videos like the one above are the worst punishment humanly possible for Great White.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

At the peak of their skills they were nothing special.

I suppose at this point anyone that is dumb enough to go and see them deserves what they get.

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

I suppose at this point anyone that is dumb enough to go and see them deserves what they get.
                    My band opened for countless numbers of these groups that were on the downside of their careers after grunge exploded, and no truer words have ever been spoken than the ones posted above. They were some of the rudest, most inconsiderate knuckleheads I've ever had the displeasure to meet. A bunch of drunk or drugged out imbeciles, simultaneously screaming "Do you know who I am?" while making absurd demands, all for the great achievement of earning about $400 bucks a night. Hell, my band had better equipment than most of these nitwits. who obviously spent their money on dangerous personal habits or presumably having their stage clothes let out to accommodate their expanding waistlines. Oh, and on hats to disguise some rapidly receding hairlines or on black spray paint to hide their bald spots.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Starwood
                      Roadie
                      • Jan 2004

We used to call Jack's headgear "The Cocker Spaniel".
                      Helping RothTards speak in the 3rd person since 2004!

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Starwood
                        We used to call Jack's headgear "The Cocker Spaniel".
                        I gather that although you and I are on opposite sides of the same continent, you yourself have chewed much of the same dirt that I have. For years people have taken me to task when I write about their beloved musicians as being chowderheads or utter buffoons, but this is based upon first hand experience dealing with these morons. Not all, but a great percentage of them are talent-free hacks who achieved a relative amount of success at too early an age, and as a result have an exaggerated sense of their own importance and a peculiar brand of entitlement to go with it. This, coupled with the random drug or alcohol habit makes them damn near incapable of behaving in a manner that is anything short of obnoxious. The fact that they are also genuinely stupid to begin with only makes things worse. Screw 'em.
                        Last edited by chefcraig; 06-23-2010, 06:18 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Never saw the big deal with them either. Not even really a B-grade rock band...more like a third tier group.

Regardless of what the legal outcome was, it was plain foolish for the band to be using pyro in a club of that size. I say 'the band' because I wouldn't be inclined to transfer all of the blame to the road manager and remove it entirely from the band members. If they want to claim they had no idea about the logistics of their stage shows and that's what they paid the road manager for, that might help ease their sense of responsibility, but even a retard rock singer could have taken a look at that venue and mused that perhaps pyro in a club with a fairly low ceiling might not be such a great idea. Obviously the fire wasn't intentional...whatever. If Great White didn't pack it in after that incident, their flabby lead singer being unable to stand isn't gonna make them throw in the towel...what the fuck else would they do at this point anyway?
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Apr 2005

Um... He walk's out with a cane so was he hurt already are what ??? That is the first song in their set for the last ten year's. Look's like the show must go on type of deal to me !! Well stay on the stool Jack. Don't jump to any conclusion's people !! Yea right.

Comment

• Catfish
                              Sniper
                              • Jan 2004

Yeah, what the fuck? Why is he using a cane and a high stool, anyway?

Comment

• lesfunk
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The best thing about Great White was that they had That Cherry pie girl in one of their videos
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by lesfunk; 06-23-2010, 11:53 PM.
                                http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

Working...