Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's time for Great White to call it a day...

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Savicki View Post
    5 song EP in '82, 2 or 3 of those tracks appear on the '84 self-titled with Holland... the ONLY album worth listening too... and the good stuff's all on the first half. The 2nd half however, is better than anything Great White did afterwards.

The following album, first one without Gary, "Shot in the Dark", was indeed a shot in the dark... and a miss at that.
    That track that got them noticed, "Once Bitten Twice Shy"... a remake.
    You know the rest of the story.

I'm glad to hear Gary co-wrote the self-titled... because it's the only album you need from GW. That all being said... I hope he does win his case... so he gets his royalties at least from the copy I bought. Funny how it kept being repressed with different covers, '89 & '95 at least... and now that '84 album is out of print.
    Attention: Hell has truly frozen over...

I actually agree with Savicki on this post!!!

Ok, now please cuntinue to STFU!!!
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fallin over on stage and workin at WalMart, how's that for Humble Pie?
    My friend Michelle worked in radio and was trading in CDs at the local record store back in the day. She said I could pick out a used CD for free as she had $50- 60 store credit. I couldn't find anything I didn't already have but I saw Great White, Twice Shy I think. She was like no way am I getting you that CD! I said c'mon they're the ultimate in cheese metal. She was adamant about it, we were roommates at the time and she refused to have it in the house. Her faves were Iron Maiden, Spooner and Talas. Mine were Aerosmith, UFO and Van Halen.
    Last edited by GreenBayLA; 06-25-2010 at 11:34 PM.
    "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    I was blown away by their note-perfect version of Led Zeppelin's "Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You" from MTV's Unplugged. I vaguely recall them recording an entire album's worth of Zep covers, but I've never seen the darned thing.

Holy Kashmir Batman!

That was fucking awesome!

You really have to turn the volume up to appreciate it. But damn. What a most excellent version. Those guys definitely have uber talent. Maybe the more mellow songs like this, rock me, save all your love, etc...is just the type of song they were built to play. And they never soul have tried to add in the pop metal crap to begin with.

Fuck, if they could still sound at even 75% of this clip, I'd pay ticket prices to see them tour as a Led Zep tribute band.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Same show. Different song. Hard to tell how Jacks voice is because the sound is just awful, and he gets a lot of help from the crowd. Still nice to see an audience enjoy a song so much. Definitely worth the $15 or so these guys plopped down. Hate to see Jack go down like this. It's a shame for him and the 100 fans that died for him to be like this.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VUgYwdUM8_I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VUgYwdUM8_I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sonrisa brings up a good point, that GW had some bright points once they fucking carpet-bagged their way onto the post-GNR blues-rock trend of the mid eighties. But they were still a METAL band when Holland was still in the group, so fuck 'em for being posers!

The first time I heard they were going to have a video on MTV, my jaw dropped. "Once Bitten Twice Shy" what the hell? This wasn't the Zep-ripoff metal band that once opened for The Sharks which I used to follow.. so screw Russel for being a poser I thought! Copycat asshat!

7884guy also notices: Zep, zep zep. I would like to point this one out to you all who are involved with music - learn those cover tunes, but don't copy every inflection or you'll only become a Poser and never get your own style like Jack Russel never managed to do - so fuck him!

Some people used to see the band XYZ and say Terry was the best Robert Plant clone.. but they never saw the Jack Russel version, so fuckum!

Wanna insult Jack Russel on his hospital deathbed hooked up to a fucking IV morphine drip? Whisper "psst, hey Jack, are you on that.. Stairway.. to.. Heav-unnnnnn...?"

TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GAR View Post
    Sonrisa brings up a good point, that GW had some bright points once they fucking carpet-bagged their way onto the post-GNR blues-rock trend of the mid eighties. But they were still a METAL band when Holland was still in the group, so fuck 'em for being posers!

The first time I heard they were going to have a video on MTV, my jaw dropped. "Once Bitten Twice Shy" what the hell? This wasn't the Zep-ripoff metal band that once opened for The Sharks which I used to follow.. so screw Russel for being a poser I thought! Copycat asshat!

7884guy also notices: Zep, zep zep. I would like to point this one out to you all who are involved with music - learn those cover tunes, but don't copy every inflection or you'll only become a Poser and never get your own style like Jack Russel never managed to do - so fuck him!

Some people used to see the band XYZ and say Terry was the best Robert Plant clone.. but they never saw the Jack Russel version, so fuckum!

Wanna insult Jack Russel on his hospital deathbed hooked up to a fucking IV morphine drip? Whisper "psst, hey Jack, are you on that.. Stairway.. to.. Heav-unnnnnn...?"

So does this mean Jack won't get a Christmas card from you this year?

"Kick his ass Seabass.."
    Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Poor bastard..
    Last edited by Jack68; 06-27-2010 at 10:42 AM.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GAR View Post
    What kind of pathetic Cunt would want to insult someone on their fucking deathbed?

Your humour sucks as much as you do, as a human being...

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Great white were never any good anyhow. to me thy were kinda just the same as poison,ratt,faster pussycat and all the other glam bands of the late 80's. wasnt the manager the same guy who managed Guns n Roses?
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yep, that was the same manager Alan Niven

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Bitch View Post
    Great white were never any good anyhow. to me thy were kinda just the same as poison,ratt,faster pussycat and all the other glam bands of the late 80's. wasnt the manager the same guy who managed Guns n Roses?
    Just the same in what way......they all made albums in the 80's?
    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't think those bands were like each other never mind like Great White.

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That was just sad. Totally sad.

It's pretty much like sadaist said... they are about only few songs to me. Lady Red Light, Once Bitten, Call It Rock N' Roll, Rock Me... Save All Your Love seems like a cool ballad as well.
    Plus I was fucking some hot chick to their discography once (just forgot to switch to Motley Crue).

But anyway, I got a ticket to the festival they're headlining in September. I'm afraid of my life. The fest is taking place indoors!

Btw, what the fuck is that supposed to mean? Was he fooling around and joking or is this for real? If it is, I don't even know what to say...
    "You keep on raining and I'll still be the parade"
    David Lee Roth

Thread Information