ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Thumbs up Lebron James Sweepstakes:

1 week away from the free agents change over for the big names & Teams, I
    for one hope he (LJ) stays put, but think hes going to NY (total dollars) for sure.

any predictions?
    who wants Bosch?
    Amare ( i suck in the playoffs) stoudemeyer?

kinda hoping boston keeps it together & lands a big fish..

EUAS

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ill keep posting in this prick until you broads have your coffee.
    My opinion from rumor website is Bosch to Miami for now, Lebron staying in Cleveland.
    Amare to Boston (made that up) lol

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Thumbs up

Kirk traded yesterday clears cap plus the # 17 pick..im thinking Bulls are going for broke and maybe a 2nd player in the mix too..

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    WKYC reporting that LeBron will not be touring prospective cities, but will be meeting with other team's execs at a neutral location. this supposedly came from Maverick Carter.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I kinda want to see him stay in Cleveland. Would be all warm & fuzzy if the home town boy stays home & brings some much needed championships there. That city is hungry and really needs it. At this point, the amount of money he can make elsewhere is minimal. It might look like a lot on paper, but once agent, management, posse fees & taxes are taken out...plus moving expenses, he probably wouldn't make a noticeable amount more.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    I kinda want to see him stay in Cleveland. Would be all warm & fuzzy if the home town boy stays home & brings some much needed championships there. That city is hungry and really needs it. At this point, the amount of money he can make elsewhere is minimal. It might look like a lot on paper, but once agent, management, posse fees & taxes are taken out...plus moving expenses, he probably wouldn't make a noticeable amount more.
    Unless he goes to Miami, (no taxes) If he goes to NY NJ or Chi the new Official Team Jersey #6 sales will blow thru the roof, unlimited exposure, connections
    local endorsements MJ made in late 1990's was well over 10 mil..I beg to differ, no bench, old team, best record only to fall flat..I dont see him returning to that scenario.
    My Info says he wants his entourage of 50+ friends are the deal breaker for whomever he may go..

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    T minus 4 days, no one is into this? I think its kinda cool to see where the others land, it all depends on lebron, then the chips will fall.
    Very Intriguing week of sports ahead!!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LeBron will go where HE wants to go. He has an entourage bigger than 50...but a core friends of four...

Believe this, at the end of the day, LeBron goes where he wants.

As far as 10 million in endorsements in Chicago...if that's the route he's going to go, the endorsement route, then as much as he could make in Chicago, he can make that much more in New York, where he doesn't have to factor in the Jordan shadow. As for jerseys, jesus h. christ...he's top three as it is. As far as going through the roof, yeah...initially because of the change of venue...and change of number. If he stays in Cleveland...it goes through the roof as well.

Now, if you want to sell Chicago as being able to bring LeBron and another max player to go with Rose and that fuckhead from Florida that only his rank mother could love, and his gap-toothed, rod-licking, tennis-playing father, I can buy that. IMO...that would get him the closest to a title on paper. Say LeBron, Bosh, Noah, Rose...hard to beat.

As for this "I beg to differ, no bench, old team, best record only to fall flat..I dont see him returning to that scenario."

Their bench isn't bad, just not handled appropriately. They aren't old, minus Shaq and Z (both gone), and Jamison...who is good, just can't defend. I'm actually pretty sure that every other player is under 30. Best record...only to fall flat...sure...need better defenders. As far as returning...

What you left out is an owner that did do, and would do, everything possible to win a title. Will they get two max players? No, not in the conventional way, but I'm betting that the Cavs have something up their sleeves. A lot is being made of their contracts, but they can get out of them, and I'm betting that they will.

The ONLY thing going for Cleveland is the owner, and it's his hometown. It's being downplayed a bunch right now, because ESPN and every fan of a major market team is ratcheting up how great their town is. Letterman said it best...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M0dxbYnZD7U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M0dxbYnZD7U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

It irritates the shit out of me that a team can essentially say fuck you to winning a title for a couple of years so they can be ready for free agency. It irritates the shit out of me that a team can just give players away to get under the cap, and it's okay.

In the meantime, Cleveland is damned if you do, damned if you don't. Fucking LeBron wants to win, so Gilbert essentially goes out and gets whoever he wants because he has to. He could have set up his team to be able to snag another max contract (still could get one in a sign and trade), but Bron would have wanted to leave because they weren't trying to get a title.

Yo LeBron, how about you hold these other fucking teams to you "standards." Cross out any team that was holding back for fucking YEARS, waiting for this year....let's see who's left fucking standing then.

So fuck it..

Fuck LeBron for playing the fans like he has over the past three years. Fuck Chicago...Fuck New York...Fuck New Jersey...and fuck Miami...fuck them all...

If that jagoff leaves, my goal in life becomes seeing the Cavs win a title without that fucker...and Gilbert is the kind of owner that could do it...if he can convince players to come there...and he will.

I hope they run that son-of-a-bitch out of his house, and never let him into the state again...fucking asshole. Could you imagine Jordan way back in the day, looking elsewhere for a team that could "get him to a title?" Kobe and LeBron can both kiss my lily white ass. I don't think Jordan gave a shit who his teammates were, he willed those fuckers to a title, and spare me the "Oh, Pippen was his partner..." BULLSHIT.

If that son-of-a-bitch stays, and signs another three-year fucking deal...I hope they trade his fucking ass...

I envy Miami, with a player who said..."I want to stay..."

What does that fuck in Akron say?

nothing...

Fuck you...now I'm going to back to my Cleveland thread...where this convo about LeBron should be, until that jackass traitors his way right on out....like they all fucking do...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Yeah, unfortunately I've felt for a couple of years that there wasn't a chance in hell he'd stay in Cleveland....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I still think there's a better chance than people are talking about....50-50 he stays...IMO...

He's a loyal guy, I'm just not sure it's to Cleveland...

I think he's an Akron guy, and growing up in Cleveland...let me tell you...Akron ain't Cleveland. People in Akron don't like it...people in Cleveland don't like it...for the most part.

However...there's been a melding of the cities with regards to LeBron...so...there you go.

The on thing that people aren't talking about, with regards to money...is that there is a rule change that goes into effect next year that will lower max contracts...so it's distinctly possible that may lead him towards Cleveland...if it's truly about the money. I don't think it is...but many in the big cities want it to be about the money...the endorsements...what not.

He's going to be a billionaire no matter where he plays...

Jordan was rolling at about 40 million a year in endorsements at the height of his hoop powers...LeBron was rolling at 35 million in 2008...nearly 40 last year...and 40 this year...surely he'd make more in a big market...but let's not overblow that. If he goes to a big market...it's to carry it...

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I guess...right now...my gut is telling me New York...if he were to take the Knicks to a title...there would be nothing bigger...

and don't forget about the fucking Clippers. If he went to LA...and took the Clippers to a title...holy hell...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    i still think he's gonna stay. this is all to feed the ego.

no way he goes to the Clippers. no matter how good they get they'd still be second behind Kobe and the Lakers.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, what about he and Chris Bosh signing together ??

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Bosh will get a sign and trade...so they could get him...but Bosh didn't put Cleveland on the list...still, I do think Cleveland would be an option should LeBron sign...

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    latest is now Miami..you guys maybe right another smokescreen, im betting tomorrow NJ
    will be the next BIG story.
    I get a kick out of everyone saying Jordans shadow..
    didnt kobe play in LA? ok then, wouldn't that be in Magics shadow?
    nobody talks about that, i really wouldn't be surprised if chi town gets the tease again.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fucking New Jersey gives away another player...

Fuck all these teams raping and pillaging their fucking teams. Seriously, I hope LeBron stays, and the Knicks and Heat get the rest of the players so all the teams that fucking dumped their entire roster can only field a high school team...

Thread Information