My dad and I are going to make a Frankenstein Replica.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Igosplut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
    Why on Earth would you need a 3-way switch for a guitar with one pick-up? It would be like having a fake Hurst shifter in a car with an automatic transmission.
    PVC roll bars were always my favorite......
    Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Igosplut
      PVC roll bars were always my favorite......
      That, fake hood scoops and "Do It Yourself" T-Top Kits from K Mart (which would remove the load-bearing tendencies from the roof yet failed to include frame strengthening supports for the undercarriage, resulting in your car folding up like an accordion when you drove over railroad tracks) were a charming delight as well.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Why on Earth would you need a 3-way switch for a guitar with one pick-up? It would be like having a fake Hurst shifter in a car with an automatic transmission.
        You expect Garfuckle to make any sense?

Comment

• Don Corleone
          Veteran
          • May 2004

Because he doesn't know what he's talking about.
          Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Igosplut
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by VanHalenFan5150
            Like I said, I was looking into purchasing a Warmoth fat Strat body.

Here are some routing options.
            Make sure to post pictures here throughout the process. And ignore everything that GARgle posts, he's been very bitter since the Mexicans have taken all the low paying jobs around his bus kiosk.....
            Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
              Sniper
              • Oct 2009

Done and done.

My dad and I have narrowed the build down to one of two guitars. The Bumblebee or the VH1 Frankie... I kinda want the VH1 more.
              Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• Dan
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Father & Son project,Have Fun.
                First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                  Sniper
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Dan
                  Father & Son project,Have Fun.
                  We've built a lot of things together. Model planes for grandpa, fireworks displays for the friends, and all sorts of things. He was said to have built a Flying V back in the day with his best friend, so I don't know. We're both very patient. We can do the guitar it in a summer I think. My dad and I don't always get along and he has a very short temper, but I think something like this will be great for our father son bonding.
                  Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by VanHalenFan5150
                    My dad and I don't always get along and he has a very short temper,
                    of course he does, he has a teenage kid. j/k
                    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                      Sniper
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                      of course he does, he has a teenage kid. j/k
                      LOL!

Yes, of course.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Well the first thing you are going to need is a fresh corpse. How you steal one from the country morgue is up to you and then you need to murder someone for the fresh heart and brain. Then you need a bunch of cool looking lab equipment, a kite, and a big ass electrical storm.
                        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                          Sniper
                          • Oct 2009

Too funny! XD

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

and an "abbey" normal brain
                            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• GAR
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                              Squier bodies are not cut right and they are way too thin...

Junk!
                              Elvis is correct: newer Squiers especially from China are an eighth-inch thinner than standard.

They can be used, but I don't like the radius on the edges, the Chinese strats and Indonesian ones have shit parts, and there are some runs that are proper 1-3/4" inch thick.. but that's splitting hairs.

When I was younger the only way I could tell strats apart was to spend alot of time looking at the real thing in shops, to become familliar. There's a reason why the thicker bodies are preferred over the thinner ones.

Other strats that are proper thickness are Mexico, Japan and some Korean from the year I posted.

Comment

• Don Corleone
                                Veteran
                                • May 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                                Elvis is correct:
                                Having owned many Strats, Elvis does know a thing or two about what he's talking about. Also he’s proved this on many occasions .

On the flip side of the coin we have you Gary - you've managed to successfully produced evidence of owning nothing, and also managed to show yourself as being nothing more than a lying fake who's only talent is that of being a connoisseur of Google.
                                Roth Army Militia

Comment

Working...