Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

I don't think Jagermeister is friends with George Lynch or Wooda.

Comment

• Jagermeister
      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_MRJZGMbFj0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_MRJZGMbFj0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• Jagermeister
        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Mr Walker
        I don't think Jagermeister is friends with George Lynch or Wooda.
        That's true.

Well I think wooda is a friend. Like you though he thinks I'm a dumbass.

Comment

• Jagermeister
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Catfish
          I saw Dokken once and had a great time. Only because when Don did his, "What rhymes with rockin'???" thing we'd scream, "FUCK YOU!!!!"
          lol Goddamn.

Comment

• Catfish
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
            George Lynch is friends with Wooda
            Wooda doesn't have any friends!

Comment

• Jagermeister
              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by ELVIS
              Yeah ??

Watch that clip...
              It's live shit happens.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                Veteran
                • Jun 2005

I don't see how anyone can listen to Tooth and Nail or Under Lock and Key and come away disappointed. Those are bonafide classics!
                RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Jagermeister
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Wooda doesn't have any friends!
                  Him and Mr. Walker are pretty tight.

Comment

• binnie
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2006

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    Dokken has always sucked!
                    Yup. I've never understood the appeal....
                    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Don Dokken doesn't have a good enough voice to look like that.
                      I actually just fell over having read that! Outstanding!
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                        I don't see how anyone can listen to Tooth and Nail or Under Lock and Key and come away disappointed. Those are bonafide classics!

Yeppers. Two terrific albums. But apparently I haven't paid enough attention to all things Dokken. Lynch is back? Fuck, how long have I been under this rock?

And Don Dokken is a tool. Even Jack Russell is cooler than this guy. But Don thinks he is George Clooney, Diamond Dave, and Jesus Christ all wrapped up in one.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Thanks for posting. Always have thought Lynch was a very underrated guitarist. I wouldn't mind seeing a reunited Dokken.....
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                            Sniper
                            • Oct 2009

Dokken is a very under-rated band. My guitar teacher is a big fan of Lynch so one day I looked up George Lynch. One guitar solo and I seriously reconsidered my music choices
                            Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• SilvioDante
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jan 2004

Back in the '80's, loved Dokken. I got to see them in concert once, the 1988 Monsters of Rock show in Indianapolis. It was really hard to watch. First, they went on after Metallica, and Metallica was the best band there that day BY FAR. Then, Dokken was just awful. Don's vocals sucked, George seemed to break a string every 5 seconds... They were just a train wreck. The Scorpions went on after them and made them look even worse. My feelings for them changed that day.

Tooth and Nail has some good spots, I like Under Lock and Key, and Mr. Scary is easily the highlight of Back for the Attack. I still like some Lynch Mob, but no use really for anything else...
                              "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• ULTRAMAN VH
                                Commando
                                • May 2004

Geez, Don looks like a hobo. Someone get him a stick with a nap sack attached to the end of it. I always liked Dokken for the Lynch factor. George was and still is a great guitarist. Dokken always struggled to be a top tier hardrock band. I don't think they ever hit headline status. They were still opening for bands during the Under Lock and Key tour. Saw them open for Twisted Sister in 85 and TS should have stayed in their dressing rooms. Dokken was on that night and Lynch was tearing up the fret board. TS came on and they played Leader Of The Pack early in their set and me and my buds said f#*K this and left. I was 17 at the time and watching 4 hairy guys from New York dressed in pink was just absurd. I believe that was the beginning of the end for TS that year anyway. Dokken had some good tunes but like Quiet Riot, RATT and others of that era, they were just riding the coat tails of The Mighty Van Halen. VH was MIA in 1985 which allowed bands like Dokken, RATT and TS to enjoy a little fame before fading into hair band obscurity.

Comment

Working...