X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Earnhardt Jr. wins Nationwide in Daddy's old #3

The kid drives with the world on his fucking shoulders. He's got his own fans, tops in NASCAR...and he's got his Daddy's fans. If you ever see his interviews, he's gracious, but he's stressed. I know, I know...he's a millionaire ten times over...but you get my point.

After he won that race yesterday, he was fucking giddy...and kept talking about his Daddy's fans...

You can tell that Little E could never live up to Dad when he was alive...it must be tough trying to do it now that he's dead...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

"Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

How stressed does this guy get? He wouldn't burn out at the end of the race, because he didn't want to burn up the engine...so they could take it apart, and learn from it...

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Yeah, but he is still the ugly sister at Hendrick Motorsports. In fairness, that 4th car in the stable has always been a dog, no matter who is in it or behind it. It's essentially the same team (swap the number 25 for 88) that was owned by Papa Hendrick, thus maintained more as a favor to him by the company, and couldn't win (let alone get around the track or even finish) a race dating back before Ken Schrader was driving it with Budweiser as the sponsor.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

Yeah, but you could make a case that it was because of Dog drivers...like Front Row Joe and Jerry Nadeau. There have been sporadic wins...didn't Vickers win some races in it? Certainly not as many as should have been won...

But you can't tell me that team doesn't have the same opps and cash as the others, especially considering the $$$ that Jr. generates...

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

But you can't tell me that team doesn't have the same opps and cash as the others, especially considering the $$$ that Jr. generates...
              It really is a mystery, and has been for years. Look at the tear Mark Martin went on last year, and of course Jimmy Johnson. Gordon has been in the top 5 as well, which leaves Earnhardt out there finishing 25th or worse. If these teams are indeed sharing info in the garage area, then it can't be the technology holding them back. Which then points to to 3 other things: The team, the driver (his confidence, not his skill) and their failure to gel. And even that is debatable, as sometimes it comes down to being in the right place at the right time, as evidenced by Earnhardt's last Cup win, which was based on fuel mileage rather than sheer power.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

and remember...his first year at Hendrick...he made the chase...I do think it's a combination of confidence, and drive...

Comment

Working...