Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

T.O. is brilliant!

Ladies and Gentemen,

I just wanted to let you all know that T.O. thinks that teams aren't signing him because he is a troublemaker.

C'mon T.O., what in the fuck would make you think that?
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Pied piper of poontang!!!
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    say what you want. his tv show wasnt too bad..lol
    If I want any shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hey, I wouldn't mind T.O. to fill in Santonio's spot, truth be told....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    maybe he can get Jesse Jackson to stand up for him.

=OWWWWWWWWW=
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    We have enough trouble with our team in DC.

Thank God there is no T O in our T E A M. He would just fuck up and make things worse
    ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    For the most part, he really wasn't a "trouble maker" in Buffalo. He was low key. Now, he was a bit of a quiter that would float and give up on plays. But other than that, he wasn't a big problem here...

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Rumor had it saying he may be coming to chitown 1 mos ago, i was freaking out. Please NO, never.
    Hey Poj, i think the victim thing ran its way thru 2 years ago. I really dont see any team signing him.

EUAS

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    T.O. just isn't worth the risk anymore because he is past his prime, and I think all potential suitors have realized this. No one wants a cancer on their team, especially a washed up cancer. T.O.'s past behavior has come back to bite him in the ass in the twilight years of his career. I'm so glad Dallas got rid of him, and you saw how much better they were last year without him. Hell, they even won a playoff game!
    Last edited by Little Texan; 07-14-2010 at 03:21 AM.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I heard him interviewed on Sirius radio yesterday and was little annoyed how the show hosts (Pat Kirwin & Tim Ryan) pretty much kissed his ass, despite their open criticisms (especially Ryan) of him in the past. It was funny when they asked T.O. if he was working with a QB and he said 'I've been touching a lot of balls' and Ryan went all Beavis and Butthead on him and said "You just said you touch a lot of balls"... LOL!

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    BTW... T.O wants to play with McNabb in Washington... he made that about as clear as he could without ruling out any other offers he might get.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It is a testimonial to your standing in the league when even the fucking RAIDERS decide to take a pass on you.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    It is a testimonial to your standing in the league when even the fucking RAIDERS decide to take a pass on you.
    You know what I like TO. Other than running his mouth he stays out of trouble. He doesn't get in bar fights, doesn't violate the leagues substance abuse policy, doesn't get busted for DUI beating up his girlfriends. etc...and he has a great work ethic. He just wants to win ball games.
    Last edited by Jagermeister; 07-14-2010 at 03:34 PM.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    You know what I like TO. Other than running his mouth he stays out of trouble. He doesn't get in bar fights, doesn't violate the leagues substance abuse policy, doesn't get busted for DUI beating up his girlfriends. etc...and he has a great work ethic. He just wants to win ball games.
    True enough, but isn't he like 37 now? He's getting pretty long in the tooth for a player other than a QB or kicker, and especially for a receiver. Remember, not making a scene in Buffalo is more or less like peeing yourself in a dark suit. No one notices anyway, even if it does give you a nice warm feeling. And it sure as hell doesn't erase the stigma of him being a cancer in the locker room.

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    True enough, but isn't he like 37 now? He's getting pretty long in the tooth for a player other than a QB or kicker, and especially for a receiver. Remember, not making a scene in Buffalo is more or less like peeing yourself in a dark suit. No one notices anyway, even if it does give you a nice warm feeling. And it sure as hell doesn't erase the stigma of him being a cancer in the locker room.
    Not true at all. We have a douchebag RB with Marshawn Lynch that if TO had matched in douchebaggery, it certainly would have been all over ESPN. We've had our share of flaming assholes and the national media was always in touch here looking for the slightest TO blow-up or misstep. There really were none. He really didn't make any and as JM said earlier, he's not a criminal douche. Just a guy with a big mouth. The closest he came here to blowing up the Bills (which no one cared, because everyone is deeply cynical of them despite the fact we keep buy tickets for sell-outs) was when he was asked if he was excited about going to the "K-gun" no-huddle offense prior to the season in a radio interview. It turned out to be a monumental asinine blunder as going to the no-huddle with a shitty offensive-line that ended up a patchwork and a b-level QB turned out to be a disaster. TO said "no, not really." It was a glib response that was replayed over and over as a comedy soundbite by a local sports talk show. The only other major criticism here was that he was also infamous for pulling up and quitting on his routes when things went bad for Trent in the pocket, yet getting fired up on the sideline. I mean, get fired up on the field between the whistles for fuck sake! All-in-all, most people agreed with his criticisms that he kept muted and TO did tend to put some fire in an otherwise bland, barely functional offense. Most Bills thought highly of him in the locker room and he apparently kept his opinions between him and the coaches (such as Trent Edwards sucks). I think most people wanted him resigned here, especially with our anemic WR corp and passing game...

A self-serving prima-donna narcissist? Yes. A troublemaker? "No, not really."
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 07-14-2010 at 08:42 PM.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickdfresh View Post
    Not true at all. We have a douchebag RB with Marshawn Lynch that if TO had matched in douchebaggery, it certainly would have been all over ESPN. We've had our share of flaming assholes and the national media was always in touch here looking for the slightest TO blow-up or misstep. There really were none. He really didn't make any and as JM said earlier, he's not a criminal douche. Just a guy with a big mouth. The closest he came here to blowing up the Bills (which no one cared, because everyone is deeply cynical of them despite the fact we keep buy tickets for sell-outs) was when he was asked if he was excited about going to the "K-gun" no-huddle offense prior to the season in a radio interview. It turned out to be a monumental asinine blunder as going to the no-huddle with a shitty offensive-line that ended up a patchwork and a b-level QB turned out to be a disaster. TO said "no, not really." It was a glib response that was replayed over and over as a comedy soundbite by a local sports talk show. The only other major criticism here was that he was also infamous for pulling up and quitting on his routes when things went bad for Trent in the pocket, yet getting fired up on the sideline. I mean, get fired up on the field between the whistles for fuck sake! All-in-all, most people agreed with his criticisms that he kept muted and TO did tend to put some fire in an otherwise bland, barely functional offense. Most Bills thought highly of him in the locker room and he apparently kept his opinions between him and the coaches (such as Trent Edwards sucks). I think most people wanted him resigned here, especially with our anemic WR corp and passing game...

A self-serving prima-donna narcissist? Yes. A troublemaker? "No, not really."
    My point was more toward the way the nation views things, Nick. Remember, for me at least, I only think about the Bills twice a year, when we play you guys. Whereas you are right there, with the team as a constant focus, most other teams (the ones you play against) would naturally feel the same way, and those that don't play you at all wouldn't really care that much. So as a result, there isn't that much news about Buffalo (other than that awful no huddle routine, which I initially thought might work - my mistake, not knowing how shaky that front unit was) than say a team like New England, that gets coverage whether they are winning or not. Given that perspective, on a local level Owens may have been under a microscope news wise, yet his "good behavior" would not get much national attention or even register for that matter.

Yucca Man
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Oakland Coliseum 7000 Coliseum Way Oakland, California Section 130 Seats 13-14 Wear Black. Bring Beer.
    Status
    As soon as a team gets injuries at WR, he'll be picked up. Bank on it.

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Lots of good qualities there, which I admire, other than running his mouth. That is his biggest problem. I am a dire hard Dallas fan and I can tell you this. The first season, no problems. Then he starts to show his colors. Case in point, he calls out Jason Garrett, the offensive coordinator for not throwing the ball to him enough, after a game he dropped passes and was targeted more than any other receiver. He called out his QB, Romo, for targeting Jason Witten, because Witten is Romos' roomate on the road. It wouldn't have anything to do with Witten being one of the very best, most consistent Tight Ends in the league. The guy doesn't do it internally, he does it publicly through the media which creates a bunch of animosity amongst the team. Great player, especially in his prime, but from a Cowboys fan, GOOD RIDDANCE.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    T Ho has signed with the Bengals.

26-21
    ROTH ARMY ELITE

Member No
    Last Online
    @