• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

EVH to appear in next Dweezil Zappa CD

From VHND:

The fun of it is that you’re actually hearing a lot of these people out of context, they’re playing on things they wouldn’t normally be playing over, and that was part of the fun of making this project happen. So, either people are playing on exactly what you would expect them to play over, or something you would never expect them to play over. The Van Halen thing is pretty funny because I put this section together where I asked Edward to play sort of a “greatest hits” from all his different guitar licks. We just took different licks from different solos from different records and made him play them all and string them together in one guitar solo. That was pretty fun because it was like having your own toy Eddie Van Halen–like, “I’ll make my Eddie Van Halen play this.”
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • VanHalenFan5150
    Sniper
    • Oct 2009

Well that's neat-- but Dweez still appears to be VH's new PR dude
    Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I'll check it out when it's floating around... I wonder what year EVH's part is from..
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

This is more or less the same approach used by dozens of people when that isolated vocal of Dave singing "RWTD" was all over Youtube a couple of years ago. By the time it appeared in reggae versions of the tune, the charm had all but worn off entirely.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Diamondjimi
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2004

Originally posted by VanHalenFan5150
          Well that's neat-- but Dweez still appears to be VH's new PR dude
          Well, Dweezil actually talks music to people. Ed just talks gearwhore speak...
          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
            Sniper
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
            Well, Dweezil actually talks music to people. Ed just talks gearwhore speak...
            Hey (insert name here), sorry I can't be there with you! I'm busy right now, but to celebrate (insert special event here) i'd like to give you one of my brand new, Wolfgang guitars. Now you just gotta come down here and we can put some (last name) on this track! Don't forget to check out EVH-Gear.com for my latest (insert gear here)!
            Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by VanHalenFan5150
              Hey (insert name here), sorry I can't be there with you! I'm busy right now, but to celebrate (insert special event here) i'd like to give you one of my brand new, Wolfgang guitars. Now you just gotta come down here and we can put some (last name) on this track! Don't forget to check out EVH-Gear.com for my latest (insert gear here)!
              You left out one important thing: "It's what I use!". Even though there is little if any evidence that he's used anything in well over a decade.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...