Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 The singer that lost her figure and gained on one of the best voices in rock - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The singer that lost her figure and gained on one of the best voices in rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or their record company.

Of course at this point in their lives lyrics of breathtaking intimacy and honesty could mean songs about their surgery for prolapsed haemorrhoids.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
      could mean songs about their surgery for prolapsed haemorrhoids.
      Why not it worked for Johnny Cash on Ring of Fire.

it burns burns burns..etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Walker View Post
        'Jupiter's Darling' is a great CD. They also have a new disc coming out at the end of August (Red Velvet Car) that sounds like it might be good as well... "Red Velvet Car -- the most personal and powerful work yet from Ann and Nancy Wilson, and their first album in 6 years -- takes generations of Heart fans on what truly feels like the musical ride of a lifetime. Powerfully produced by Ben Mink, Red Velvet Car is a thoroughly electrifying song cycle of largely acoustic-based sound and a stunning album with a true and renewed sense of purpose. Ann and Nancy committed themselves to writing and recording an album that was as authentic as possible, culling from their own personal experiences and some universal themes. The result on Red Velvet Car is an album of breathtaking intimacy and honesty."
        I saw them live in Vegas a few years ago. It was a good show. One thing I came away with was that Nancy really doesn't play the hard guitar parts though. Some dude does.

Comment

The Wilson sisters are the real deal.......Nancy, even at 50+ is drop dead gorgeous and Ann has a voice that isn't matched by any female vocalist in rock, IMHO!

Jerry Cantrell, who is friends and jams with the sisters, said it best about Ann and Nancy....they can play acoustic guitar all night and have iron fingers!
          Originally posted by vandeleur
          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

I've seen them live and she may not be a size 3 anymore but her voice is still off the (expletive) scale. A few years back I read a blip about Ann and Nancy doing that show for A&E called "Breakfast with the Arts" or something of the like I believe it was. It mentioned that they had come in to do a sound check and the entire room stopped and watched. Apparently that had never happened before. They weren't expecting her to sound that good live but from someone else who's seen her she really DOES sound that good.
            Anyways, just thought that was interesting.

Funny you mentioned Johnny Cash. Not long after he died his estate was contacted about using "Ring of Fire" in a commercial. It declined because they thought it would be disrespectful being that it was for a hemroid cream. Um, and NO! I'm not joking about that.
            Visit my online store http://www.tripleclicks.com/12395755 or get your own http://www.sfi4.com/12395755/FREE

Comment

Originally posted by stringfelowhawk View Post
              Funny you mentioned Johnny Cash. Not long after he died his estate was contacted about using "Ring of Fire" in a commercial. It declined because they thought it would be disrespectful being that it was for a hemroid cream. Um, and NO! I'm not joking about that.
              It was probably one of the first things you read here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible View Post
                Not a cover, it's a "duet" and Fergie is ......well Fergie - trying to outdo Ann. I thought it was disrespectful.
                Agreed. But what do you expect. Fergie is a circus act unto herself.
                Ann wrote timeless classics that are still played 30+ years after their conception, Fergie doesn't.
                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GAR View Post
                  She's still married to that director-guy?
                  Nancy is married to that director not Ann
                  If I want any shit out of you, I'll squeeze your head.

Comment

I did not watch the vid, as I have dialup at home. My bad.
                    To hell with Fergie. As if she could even hold a candle to Ann.

Comment

Originally posted by Igosplut View Post
                      Also easy to throw stones on the internets where all the posters are beautiful and trim behind the screens....
                      I LOVE being fat and powerful! Speak for yourself..

Comment

Powerful as a vacuum cleaner when sucking junkie dick under the 405, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by GAR View Post
                          I LOVE being fat and powerful! Speak for yourself..
                          Make sure you forward the link to this post the next time you complain to Sarge about how I stalk you from thread to thread.....
                          Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

Working...
                          X