• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VanHalener
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Ruprecht
    I hear McRib is back

Ruprecht, put the cork back on the fork.

She is hands down my favorite female vocalist too. For all the times I have cranked some of her music I feel somewhat obligated to give her the lovin' she needs even if she reaches Jabba like proportions. Butter her down for me.

~I'm Ready~
    ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• lesfunk
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Ann Wilson kicks ass period. The title of the thread is misleading. She never "gained" the voice. She always had one of the greatest female voices in rock.
      http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        Even back in the day it was all done with smoke and mirrors. At the time the 'Alone' and 'These Dreams' videos were all over MTV friends of mine were stunned when they went to a live show to see a 500lb Anne Wilson waddle out.

Originally posted by sadaist
        Are you peeping at me again?

But yeah, I was surprised when I first saw "fat" Anne. She was pretty hot in the 80's videos, even though the camera didn't stay on her for very long and moved fast. But she is an incredible singer. Seen Heart twice and both times they were just beyond excellent. Sure I'd love it if she stayed hot and still sang like she does. But we don't get everything we want......obviously (CVH). She kicks ass so I don't care if she is a fattie. Rock on Anne!
        She was definitely a plus-size singer by the time of Heart's mid-to-late 1980s resurgence and it was pretty apparent that the camera angles were quick, she was thoroughly covered up, and all of the sex-appeal attention was being lavished on Nancy, who actually sang lead on most or all of their late 80s hits such as "These Dreams." Still, if you look at live footage from the 1970s, Dreamboat Annie was clearly one of the most beautiful women to ever front a rock band. She still has a great voice though...

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
          Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by lesfunk
          Ann Wilson kicks ass period. The title of the thread is misleading. She never "gained" the voice. She always had one of the greatest female voices in rock.
          I agree, but the voice has matured and gotten more depth. That's what the title meant.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

She is one of the top 5 rock singers still performing today.

Hands down.

She is easily up there with guys like Dickinson, Tate, etc.

Only a very few could blow her off the stage....Tim Owens being the one that she could not touch as far as range, power, etc.

I first saw Heart in October 1977.

Last time I saw them was about 5-6 years ago.

She floored me. She has not lost any of her vocal chops whatsoever.

Doesn't matter that she is a lady. And, she is tops amongts all female rock vocalists. Period. End of story.

Comment

• Seshmeister
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I tracked down Anne's hairdresser...

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qjmryyXic04&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?color1=0x402061& amp;color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qjmryyXic04&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1?color1=0x402061& amp;color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Comment

• Mr Walker
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

'Jupiter's Darling' is a great CD. They also have a new disc coming out at the end of August (Red Velvet Car) that sounds like it might be good as well... "Red Velvet Car -- the most personal and powerful work yet from Ann and Nancy Wilson, and their first album in 6 years -- takes generations of Heart fans on what truly feels like the musical ride of a lifetime. Powerfully produced by Ben Mink, Red Velvet Car is a thoroughly electrifying song cycle of largely acoustic-based sound and a stunning album with a true and renewed sense of purpose. Ann and Nancy committed themselves to writing and recording an album that was as authentic as possible, culling from their own personal experiences and some universal themes. The result on Red Velvet Car is an album of breathtaking intimacy and honesty."

Comment

• kissfan1976
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                  It never bothered me that she got fat. I'm not the one fucking her. I don't care if they wheeled her out on stage to sing.

She is hands down Rocks greatest female singer
                  !!!
                  True Dat!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Red Velvet Car Lyrics

Wilson A, Wilson N

I hear the ticking of the clock
                    I lie here the room's pitch black
                    I wonder where you are tonight
                    No answer on the telephone
                    I'm starting to not feel good
                    Time to compensate with food

I'm driving in my red velvet car
                    Another drive thru isn't too far
                    A bucket of chicken, as much as you can eat
                    It's been 20 long years since I've seen my feet

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                      Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Sesh I sense a lack of fandom here.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Fergie "humps" Barracuda

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yWAqVQQ0Doo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yWAqVQQ0Doo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

OK - let's analyze this. Should be fun.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

That may have been the sloppiest version of Barracuda I've ever heard....
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Hardrock69
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2005

Not interested in hearing a cover of that, as Heart is still performing it to this day.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                              Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Not a cover, it's a "duet" and Fergie is ......well Fergie - trying to outdo Ann. I thought it was disrespectful.

Oh dear.

Comment

• twonabomber
                                formerly F A T
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                                'Jupiter's Darling' is a great CD. They also have a new disc coming out at the end of August (Red Velvet Car) that sounds like it might be good as well... "Red Velvet Car -- the most personal and powerful work yet from Ann and Nancy Wilson, and their first album in 6 years -- takes generations of Heart fans on what truly feels like the musical ride of a lifetime. Powerfully produced by Ben Mink, Red Velvet Car is a thoroughly electrifying song cycle of largely acoustic-based sound and a stunning album with a true and renewed sense of purpose. Ann and Nancy committed themselves to writing and recording an album that was as authentic as possible, culling from their own personal experiences and some universal themes. The result on Red Velvet Car is an album of breathtaking intimacy and honesty."
                                christ...the part i put in bold sounds like it came directly from Melodicrock.
                                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

Working...