Thread: Should have been The Diamond One!!

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Should have been The Diamond One!!

Steven Tyler is going to be one of the American Idol judges next season.

Now that should have been Dave's spot!

Could you imagine all the Daveisms throughout the show.

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Permanent, or guest judge?

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    For the next season

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Totally agree. Just as many people know who Dave is as Steven Tyler. More maybe because with Tyler you have to add "...singer for Aerosmith" for many people so they know who he is.

David Lee Roth does not need any qualifiers after his name for people to know who he is.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The problem with Dave joining "Idol" is that it presents an identical scenario to 1985: The band is inactive, with the sisters apparently more interested in recreational activities. Out of boredom, Roth signs on to do the television show. The brothers soon issue some cranky, wounded and apparently hungover mutterings about Dave having "gone Hollywood", thus establishing some very public and very frosty relations between the two camps. This opens the door for a few options, including Roth be ousted from the so-called "band", another singer joining the group (possibly a former one), or most likely, a continued period of inactivity broken only when Edward Van Halen accepts yet another tv or magazine tribute for work he created decades earlier. Unless of course he wishes to sell something that has little (if anything) to do with his recorded legacy.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Considering post-1985 AeroShit is part of the same corporate crap machine that "American Idol" is, I guess this is a good fit.

Dave wouldn't be. In fact if the "American Idol" standards had been in effect in 1977, Van Halen would have never been signed. Nor would the Aerosmith that existed then, for that matter. Or The Beatles, or The Stones, or Dylan, or The Who, or well, you get the idea.

Probably the only rock singer who might have made it on that horrid show would have been Freddy Mercury. But he would have had to be singing some shitty cheesy pop song, not "Tie Your Mother Down" or "Seven Seas of Rye"
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Considering post-1985 AeroShit is part of the same corporate crap machine that "American Idol" is, I guess this is a good fit.

Dave wouldn't be. In fact if the "American Idol" standards had been in effect in 1977, Van Halen would have never been signed. Nor would the Aerosmith that existed then, for that matter. Or The Beatles, or The Stones, or Dylan, or The Who, or well, you get the idea.

Probably the only rock singer who might have made it on that horrid show would have been Freddy Mercury. But he would have had to be singing some shitty cheesy pop song, not "Tie Your Mother Down" or "Seven Seas of Rye"
    Saw Areroshit last month...they sucked. They had to move from a stadium into a club. Only 3000 people showed up.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Starting with " Permanent Vacation " and sobriety , Aerosmith sold out and turned into Gumby . Steven Tyler , though I love his legacy , has become a bag lady .
    It's a good thing that they recently started doing albums like " Toys In The Attic " and " Rocks " live back to front or else old school fans like me would'nt give them the time of day . Sad .

On Fire
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So when your asked for the Idols jury you know it's over....

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That would be cool If dave got the gig, although it would probably end up like the stern thing before long. I hate to say but i cant help but think beyond the boundries of this site there is very few people actually care about him, let alone what he thinks. It is probably for the best DLR didn't go for it. (I would love to hear his opinions on some of the clowns that audition though)
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    should be making tracks and I don't mean in the snow.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The reason I wanted him to get it is purely selfish. I want to see as much Dave as possible. Whether it's singing or talking or acting. I don't care. The guy is awesome and I love seeing him in whatever he does. I am always entertained. So having him on Idol to me is a better alternative than another 2 years of silence. It's a fucking crime that Dave isn't entertaining people in some fashion for the last 2 years. I feel cheated...and I blame Eddie.

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    The problem with Dave joining "Idol" is that it presents an identical scenario to 1985: The band is inactive, with the sisters apparently more interested in recreational activities. Out of boredom, Roth signs on to do the television show. The brothers soon issue some cranky, wounded and apparently hungover mutterings about Dave having "gone Hollywood", thus establishing some very public and very frosty relations between the two camps. This opens the door for a few options, including Roth be ousted from the so-called "band", another singer joining the group (possibly a former one), or most likely, a continued period of inactivity broken only when Edward Van Halen accepts yet another tv or magazine tribute for work he created decades earlier. Unless of course he wishes to sell something that has little (if anything) to do with his recorded legacy.
    However, there are far more contrasts today with the situation Van Halen is currently in than there are comparable circumstances with Van Halen 2010 vs. Van Halen 1984/early 1985.

Considering the output and relative work ethic of the band in the last 3 1/2 to 4 years since Roth rejoined, is it really gonna matter if Roth and the Van Halens go their own ways now?

In 1985 when the band split, it still felt like there was a degree of unfinished business on the creative front. I'd go so far as to say that even in 1996 with the BOV1 CVH tracks (disregarding differences of opinion over the final result) there was still a spark of energy that provided a glimmer of hope to a reunion with the full definitive lineup which would not result in just a tour of greatest hits and reprising past glories but a future that included new music worthy of what made the band great in the first place.

What transpired in 2007-2008, while perhaps the best the Van Halens and Roth could manage to do at the time given the passage of years, was NOT a particularly inspiring reunion if one wanted to think of Van Halen as a band with a future. Through sheer spite and childishness, one of the members wasn't invited. No new music has resulted from it, and one certainly can't make the case that the band hasn't had enough time to come up with some.

The current version of Van Halen is all too typical of many reunions: a version of a band less than the definitive lineup tours the oldies for a cash grab.

Is such an enterprise so crucial to preserve? If it's old CVH at their peak one desires, the 6-pack and ample bootleg artifacts will suffice and recreate the sound and fury with more passion and accuracy than Ed, Al, Dave and Wolfgang are currently capable of.

Also, American Idol blows.
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    While I personally think it would be cool to see Dave on Idol...I think it would be a bad idea on a larger scale.

We all need to remember the perspective that we here at the Roth Army are the real deal, hardcore, love Dave or leave him fans that would embrace him in that role.

To the rest of the world, Dave is one of the icons of the 80's and that's all. He's a fond memory, but in today's pop culture, he's a punchline to many.

But Tyler is a good choice. He and the rest of the assclowns in Aerosmith have a fucking roller coaster named after them in Disney World for Christ's sake, so why not dip their toes into "American Idol?"

Plus his chances of falling off the stage while fucked up beyond all reason are drastically reduced within the confines of the "Idol" format...
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ed won't let dave on tv cos of that clause thing gag order, shame as the davester wld be gud at this, in fact the rupe thinks that this could have been just the thing davester wld love as hsd profile would go up and vh would sell more records snd davester wld prob get that gameshow host thing that i think he wld be gud at

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    davester wld have gud one liners but might use then all up like radio show, but he wld make a gud guesty judge.

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Would You Please STFU.
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruprecht View Post
    ed won't let dave on tv cos of that clause thing gag order, shame as the davester wld be gud at this, in fact the rupe thinks that this could have been just the thing davester wld love as hsd profile would go up and vh would sell more records snd davester wld prob get that gameshow host thing that i think he wld be gud at
    The rupe think's wrong, as i said, and as fryingdutchman also said, Dave is but a fond memory to most of those outside this site.With popular music today being what it is, people no longer care for van halen.The band have basically become a nostalgia/novelty act.Given Ed's character, it is highly unlikely Van Halen will release new material.They did the tour, it went well, why not end on a high.IF van halen did some new material it would be recieved by an audience nothing like he good old days. the public are more interested in the likes of eminem and lady gaga,who write wierd shit and about the ghetto than good time classic rock and face melting guitar.It's sad but it's true

Thanks forthe dream.- DLR
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    The reason I wanted him to get it is purely selfish. I want to see as much Dave as possible. Whether it's singing or talking or acting. I don't care. The guy is awesome and I love seeing him in whatever he does. I am always entertained. So having him on Idol to me is a better alternative than another 2 years of silence. It's a fucking crime that Dave isn't entertaining people in some fashion for the last 2 years. I feel cheated...and I blame Eddie.
    exactly and it would be grate for youngins to see how cool Dave is and he could sure teach them a thing or two about stage presence.

they all just stood there like zombies during this past season

Although, Dave would prabably get sued for harassing a female cuntestant.

I can hear him now "hey there hot stuff, you want my advise? lose the dress, keep the shoes...owwww!!"
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I heard the JLo & Elton John rumor, not Steven Tyler but it's all over the internets. Chance to enhance "Brand Tyler" w/ Idol reboot?" Maybe but that show has jumped the shark and sinking fast w/out Simon Cowell.
    Perhaps Tyler is supposed to replace Paula's buzzed up fawning? I can't imagine him or JLo being tough on the "talent".

Diamond Dave would be a reason to tune into that crap but it would probably mean curtains on any Van Halen activity.

Tyler video link but marked as private WTF?
    http://www.showbiz411.com/2010/08/02...bly-be-a-judge

"One obstacle to Tyler being a regular is his schedule. Right now, Aerosmith has dates booked through September. Lots of them. They have many more lined up around the world, and are expected to make an album before the end of the year. It’s not clear if Tyler understands the “Idol” schedule. What will the other band members do from January through May of next year if Tyler has to be in a TV studio two days a week?"

Ah, replace Tyler with another famous rock singer?!?!?!? But just 2 days a week....
    "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

dancing with the stars / dancing on ice / pop idol judge

Which do you think the davester should hve gone for?

Rupe thinks the dancing one as dave could win it as he aint a bad mover in videos, this would be his chance for prime time tv and would maybe get the people to love him all over again and geta new Dave record out,

I wanna see davester on TV!!!!

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    watch the gigolo vid...
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    As a good career move, none of the above

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Bitch View Post
    As a good career move, none of the above
    dave on tv = good
    dave not on tv = not god

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    dave on tv = good
    dave not on tv = not god
    Dave as a celeb judge - very bad career move

Not exactly the case where any dave is good dave (for dave anyhow), as has been said a number of times dave is but a pleasant memory for around 95% of the people not on this site (and to some a bit of a joke)

I think a more accurate summary would be
    Dave recording kick ass rock music - Good
    Dave not recording kick ass rock music - not good

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    threads merged - even one thread involving DLR being on some shitty reality show is probably one too many

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    dave on idol would not be a good idea. they would have to do an hour long special telling everyone who the fuck he is, how he changed music and what a badass mofo he really is. he would probably be confused with ellen by the old folks, they do look alike from a distance these days and both like to eat pussy.

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by vh rides again View Post
    dave on idol would not be a good idea. they would have to do an hour long special telling everyone who the fuck he is,.
    the tv people only have to play the first 10 secs intro to the jumper video and everyone in the world will know who the Davester is!!!!!

I vont my dave tv

Some cunt changd my name
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    the tv people only have to play the first 10 secs intro to the jumper video and everyone in the world will know who the Davester is!!!!!

I vont my dave tv
    what the fuck are you talking about?

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Asking Dave to be an American Idol judge is like asking Sam Kinison to appear on the Joan Rivers show. Its always better keep the legacy from being tarnished by avoiding situations you have no control over, or would be embarrased to participate in.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BITEYOASS View Post
    Asking Dave to be an American Idol judge is like asking Sam Kinison to appear on the Joan Rivers show. Its always better keep the legacy from being tarnished by avoiding situations you have no control over, or would be embarrased to participate in.
    Joan Rivers, egads. Remember when she had Roth on as a guest? Instead of letting Dave do his thing (this was at the height if his popularity, and was proven to being quite an engaging personality), she constantly interrupted and belittled him, making for a very uncomfortable "interview". The same evening, Johnny Carson had Sean Penn on his show, and showed just why he (Carson) was the master while dealing with the petulant and brooding actor.

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    On a side note--Joan Rivers never has, nor ever will be funny. In fact she looks like a fuckin plastic freak. Here's the link to her appearance on "The Apprentice" if you dare to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnNmJ7lKCm0

Yucca Man
    Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Oakland Coliseum 7000 Coliseum Way Oakland, California Section 130 Seats 13-14 Wear Black. Bring Beer.
    Status
    Dave has not been a relevant artist in popular music for over 20 years, so this makes no sense.

Paula Abdul...now SHE was an important artist.
    Helping RothTards speak in the 3rd person since 2004!

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Starwood View Post

Paula Abdul...now SHE was an important artist.

Diamondjimi thinks Starwood made a funny!
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ed would never allow this... nuff said...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think I can speak for anybody with any self respect when I say "FUCK AMERICAN IDOL".

Right?
    Twistin' by the pool.

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bueno bob View Post
    I think I can speak for anybody with any self respect when I say "FUCK AMERICAN IDOL".

Right?
    you certainly speak for the knuckleboner.

dave's reaction to being asked if he wants to be on american idol should be, "i am the american idol," and then walk away.

Thread Information