Hail from south FL!

Been a lurker here for a couple of years, so I decided "Fuck it, I'll register."

Then I clicked the submit button.. then it told me I had entered an invalid value for favorite VH/DLR song.. WTF I only saw "Favorite VH/DLR Album" which I duly entered my preference. Phantom fields? Fuck it! Entered my song of choice.. oh, shit, it blanked all of the other previously entered fields, so fuck you do it again! ok. So I entered everything again, hit submit.. OH NOES, YOU DONE FORGOT TO ENTER YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!11.. sigh.. I finally double check everything and go.. and then it worked.

That is the most work I've ever had to perform to join a forum! At least I know nobody will ever ask if who I sided with after the VH split..

In light of the laborious task, I better make sure I take the time to properly introduce myself!

Originally a NY'er, I was introduced to VH at around the age of 11 after I got my first electric guitar - my father played guitar and was a die hard EVH fan and he taught me all the VH licks he knew, including some of the misguided legends about his rig "He uses seven phasers"

In the last 19 years, I've learned lots of different styles and songs from VH, to queen, to slayer and even morbid angel (from which the guitarist is a huge EVH fan himself), one thing remained certain however, VH still blows my mind to this date and Ive continuously expanded my ability to play vh music, and play like EVH. Cant say that about any other band, period.

After I started playing guitar and really got into VH, FUCK came out, then balance - saw the tour. Being a 14-year old, seeing VH from the general admission area, even with hagar just kicked ass. Eddie was ruthless that night (Knickerbocker Arena, May 1995).

I witnessed the 1996 train wreck, which pissed me off because the two songs they recorded are some of the best music I've heard, still.

Around 1998 they were promoted by our local radio station after coming out with cherone, but it just wasn't right. Tried too hard and just sounded like hagar and roth had a mutant love child..

Around '06 and 07 I read rumors that they would reunite with roth and tour. They finally did and I got to see them one show before EVH's ridiculous meltdown (St Pete FL feb 18 2008, good show, but somewhat disjointed performance, not nearly as bad as FT lauderdale though). Well at any rate, it still blew my mind and it reignited my desire to listen to VH, play VH and most importantly, rediscover DLR.

Thanks to you fuckers though! You've completely ruined van hagar for me!

Until reading this forum, I've never actually read any of hagar's lyrics.. I always dug the FUCK/Balance albums, and then I got bored one night, read some lyrics..

Fuckin hell. Sammy hagar is the corniest mofo possibly in the history of rock, but I still appreciate the evolved style of EVH's music in that period, so I simply ignore the spam.

I definitely believe roth is the best front man to ever have lived. Absolutely noone works the crowd or has the outright charisma he's got. Character goes a long way, and goddamnit, that's something hagar never had. Just a surf bum and the mentality to go with it.

Thats' about as far as I will go with hagar bashing though, cant be a complete hypocrite since I totally wanted to (And learned) how to play when it's love on the piano when I was 10..

Alright, enough rambling! Again, greetz, and I've got my flame suit on