X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    True. Another way I've heard of doing the plastic parts is to soak them in tea...
    Uric acid is found in piss, and works better.

In fact DJ, as the Fender Custom Shop does, why not soak the whole guitar repeatedly in uric acid?

It should increase the tone.

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

Why not do the world a HUGE favor and soak your fucking head in SULFURIC acid?

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Do it for the betterment of humanity...

Originally posted by Hardrock69
        Why not do the world a HUGE favor and soak your fucking head in SULFURIC acid?
        What he said. Smashing idea!
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

"For the betterment of humanity"

No shit!

Comment

• GAR
            Banned
            • Jan 2004

I personally find it very intriguing that getting a distressed price on a used guitar isn't enough, he's got to go off and depreciate the thing further [cough]:poser:[/poser] by damaging it.

Going back to the day when before there really was any "replacement parts industry" and you had to get parts from the Fender factory, it was a BITCH to get any kind of parts.

For example: in 82 I think it was, while Fender was still operating out of Brea, I call up Brea to get the parts department.

I go "yeah hey, I got a three-bolt plate Strat and I think I stripped or sweat-rusted out the screw, the neck-mount disc, or the plate or all THREE pieces. I need a price for the plate or the disc."

And I get attitude like "we've never given out these assemblies."

I go Yeah, well what about when a guy's hand rusts the plate so deeply, the big screw won't seat tight and to the point he's getting Trem-O-Neck issues? What about that, you've got to have the parts?

And she (warranty parts dept) goes "i only have a price of $83 bucks for the entire assembly of 3-plates, the neck screws' gonna be 11 extra and the other two woodscrews are 5 bucks but I may be able to throw those in."

FUCK that. I hated Fender ever since.

My point in relating that one is twofold: 1) only a fucking POSER wants to fake play-wear on a decent-shape axe, like he's some kind of Million-Hour Marcher or some shit and 2) take it from a guy who's distressed guitars the natural way - the decent-shape axes are MORE preferrable to the worn-outs by far.

The only times I've preferred distressed guitars, is because someone took the time over that one's course of ownership to give it a proper setup adjustment and maintained it for the gauge of strings I also played. That's about it. I'm disgusted by this thread and the very thought of thrashing that poor body is not alright.

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Relics just got cooler because YOU don't like them. Congrats.

Now go die in a fire, nobody wants to read your bullshit.
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• GAR
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

Fender Custom Shop does gentle abrasions, while DJ's got out the whips and chains on the thing and I doubt you'd like indiscriminate heavy-distressing either if you had it in your own hands..

Comment

• kwame k
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Feb 2008

As usual, only a mental midget (literally) like Clay can say one one hand how he hates relics and then in the next post give google advice on how to relic.

The typical STFU Gar is appropriate here but the point Clay just can't seem to grasp is.........people that have the ability to modify their equipment to suit their own tastes/needs, regardless of resale value, is the heart and soul of the rock-n-roll attitude! That fuck the establishment I'll do what I want, my way, by myself!

That spirit reminds me of another guitarist I heard of........he couldn't find a guitar that suited his needs and through trial and error made his own guitar and modified his equipment to get a pretty decent sound. You may have heard of him or seen his guitar..............

Originally posted by vandeleur
                  E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• GAR
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2004

I've had that guitar in my hands before, and nowhere on it does any intentional distressing exist okay..

What's your point - that not giving a shit about your gear is cool, or that disrespecting your gear is a SKILL?

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

No moron......like pussy, you still don't get it! Modding your guitar or doing a relic job on it to suit your own needs is a personal choice and has nothing to do with resale or value. Most real musicians, unlike you, will mod their shit to suit their playing needs and not worry about how much they can sell it for, jackass.

Do I need to get the crayons out and draw you a fucking picture, you idiot!

Never mind.....arguing with you reminds me of one of my favorite sayings! "Never argue with a fool, bystanders can't tell the who's who".

E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

I know a thing or two about customization, and he's got alot of scraping-down and abrading of some of those super-deep dings to make it a feel-good player with this much damage.

Anyone can see he's gone overboard.

Comment

• kwame k
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Feb 2008

Let me slow is down for you, Forrest.......it's............his............guita r............and...........he...........can....... ....do..............whatever.............the...... ....fuck.........he.........wants.......to.

Why would anyone care what you say? I have snares, bass pedals, amps, speakers and so on from when I was 14 years old that I have never even thought of selling and don't care what they are worth to someone else. To me they are priceless or tools of the trade........you know, (strike that, you don't know shit) what actual players use.

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                            I have snares, bass pedals, amps, speakers and so on from when I was 14 years old that I have never even thought of selling and ...
                            There's something wonderfully codependant going on here between Dumont here wrecking his stuff, and your acceptance of such behaviour.

Comment

• kwame k
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Feb 2008

You really are an idiot...........

Comment

• GAR
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2004

Drummer, you don't have a cat in this fight do you?

Comment

Working...