Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VanHalenFan5150
    Sniper
    • Oct 2009

Edward Van Halen is proud to announce his new line of EVH Wolfgang Special Guitars.

eddie van halen Pictures, Images and Photos "It's simply the best guitar you can't afford today." -Spedward Van Gearwhore
    Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

Hey I gots a question:

How many "new" Wolfgang guitars is Special Ed gonna make? I mean, he has had how many varieties? Is he ever going to stop coming up with new designs and calling them all "Wolfgang"? That would be like Leo Fender deciding to call his Jazzmasters, Jaguars and Telecasters by the name "Stratocaster".

What is it with casters anyway?

What the fuck does a goddamn wheel have to do with a fucking guitar?

Comment

• GAR
        Banned
        • Jan 2004

Is this guitar covered in polyurethane like a bowling-ball and about the thickness?

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
          Sniper
          • Oct 2009

Gar stfu and gtfo
          Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• GAR
            Banned
            • Jan 2004

Nice addition to Ignore pile, your request is granted.

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
              Sniper
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by GARFailure
              Nice addition to my imaginary Ignore pile, please excuse me while I wipe my ass with a Matchbox while urinating on both my wife and little boys in the shower.
              How rude! But I think I speak for everyone when I say, for undoubtedly the 1000th time, GTFO

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by GAR
                Nice addition to Ignore pile, your request is granted.
                Shut the fuck up you worthless piece of shit!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Leo Fender ran a radio and television store in Fullerton, California. He was a fan of country music and got into the guitar business originally making slide guitars and amps. He then took made a Spanish guitar using the same pickup used in the slide guitars. He then made a two pickup model with some improvements and named it the Telecaster after the televisions that were becoming all the rage in the 1950's and caster meant you produced music with it. You have to remember television was the new modern marvel and in the 1950's everyone was thinking the future big time. The Stratocaster was named after the Stratosphere where new jet aircraft and rockets were take us to and through. Of course the caster part was meant this futuristic marvel could cast or send the music you made on it through a cable to an amp for all to hear. You have to remember electric guitars then were made so the instrument could be heard while playing in a band with other instruments like drums and horns. The distortion came later. He did something right, people are using the same guitars a half century later.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• GAR
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2004

Yeah well now FMIC is making Ed's guitars.

Comment

• ace diamond
                      Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                      Never liked the body style. If I had the cash to buy one of those, I would go buy another Gibson Flying V, or perhaps a Dean V or something else really cool.
                      a black dean "V" is actually what i am playing nowadays since my amp and cherry sunburst les paul exploded and burned up from the bad wiring in a certain venue i won't mention.
                      totally beyond repair.
                      good thing i still had my old 120 watt solid state crate amp!
                      so i went out a few months back and got me a black dean flying v.
                      i hate the fucking factory settings, like how high the fucking action is, so i lowered it and had some other modifications done, and now i dig it very much.
                      i'll be playing it on stage sept. 4, 2010, at vibefest 2, opening for bleeding through, here in riverside, california.
                      Last edited by ace diamond; 08-13-2010, 02:32 PM.
                      Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                      When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                      "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• jero
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                        I have one of the Peavey ones. I'm a Strat and SG guy but I found myself reaching for my Wolfgang more and more and it's pretty much my main guitar. It took some getting used to and the body is thick and no back cut but as I played it more and more I just grew into it. I love the neck. Ed once said you have to play one for a year before it breaks in and becomes like your favorite pair of worn jeans. He was right. The wiring is top notch and the pickup is a perfect mix of warm to high output. Back off the volume and it cleans right up and roll the volume full open and the wonderful overdrive comes back. It is real amp friendly as well.
                        You are so right. I got a Les Paul and some custom shop Fenders, but that thing man....it's close to perfection!

Comment

• ace diamond
                          Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

yeah, it is the most perfect guitar i have ever played!
                          "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

There's alot of different 'Fests out there - which Vibefest and what act AceDiamond?

Comment

• ace diamond
                              Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                              There's alot of different 'Fests out there - which Vibefest and what act AceDiamond?
                              Vibefest 2 in riverside, california.
                              the vibe is located at 1805 university avenue.
                              it is one block west of chicago avenue on the westbound side of the street.
                              my act, is called "The Ace Diamond Experience".
                              my set time is 1:20-1:45pm.
                              i am playing 3rd on the day.
                              doors open at 11:30am, and the cost is $15.
                              it is an all ages event, although anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult 25 or older.
                              the headliner for the day will be "Bleeding Through".

Comment

Working...