Member No
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 05:59 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,283 Times in 1,501 Posts

Blog Entries

Sex Psitols Live At Winterland 1978

Am on the lookout for a proshot dvd copy of The Sex Pistols Live At Winterland 1978. If anyone has a copy they would like to burn, pm me and we'll make some worthwhile arrangements.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-19-2012 @ 11:47 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:18 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,296 Times in 4,721 Posts

One big flaw in that CD though..... they chopped out half of "Bodies". Obviously, whatever tape they used for a "master" was taken from a censored radio broadcast or something, and they couldn't let "Fuck this and fuck that. Fuck it all and fuck the fucking brat." get on the air. OK, dodging the FCC is one thing, but censoring an album is entirely another matter.

I'm still looking for a DVD of Winterland myself. The entire show is out there in lossy form, either at the link above, or chopped up on You Tube, but it's nothing you would want to burn to disc or watch on your home theater flat screen hi def TV

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-14-2024 @ 05:59 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,283 Times in 1,501 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    One big flaw in that CD though..... they chopped out half of "Bodies". Obviously, whatever tape they used for a "master" was taken from a censored radio broadcast or something, and they couldn't let "Fuck this and fuck that. Fuck it all and fuck the fucking brat." get on the air. OK, dodging the FCC is one thing, but censoring an album is entirely another matter.

I'm still looking for a DVD of Winterland myself. The entire show is out there in lossy form, either at the link above, or chopped up on You Tube, but it's nothing you would want to burn to disc or watch on your home theater flat screen hi def TV
    Saw the dvd at amazon that had Live At The Longhorn and Live At Winterland both on either one or two discs, region 1. However, the asking price was $130, and I'm not ready to pay THAT kind of moolah yet. Have seen the clips at youtube, but am looking for something tangible (not a download) that I can watch on my dvd player at home.

Ended up buying a Live At The Longhorn dvd via amazon for $14. Should arrive sometime in the next couple of weeks.

There's plenty of copies of Live At Winterland on VHS and dvd available from amazon.uk and a New Zealand-based site, but neither will deal in US money orders or the copies aren't playable in region one dvd players.

Anyway, I'll keep looking. Figured I'd run it up the flagpole here first before eventually plunking down over $100 for a copy. If I end up doing so, Ford, I'll burn you one and mail it to you.

Thread Information