Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Axl Rose Continues To Be An Anal, Self-Centered Knucklehead

Gimme head till I'm dead
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    If you ask me, Waxle caught a terminal case of "I am the band, and the rest are just sidemen" That, and he's just a cunt of a person......
    Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Axl Rose Suing Activision for $20 Million

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1136446p1.html

Guns 'N Roses frontman Axl Rose filed a lawsuit against Activision Blizzard today claiming the company violated a deal by using imagery of guitarist Saul Hudson (aka Slash) while also including the band's hit song "Welcome to the Jungle" in Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.

According to Reuters, Activision "fraudulently induced" Rose by authorizing use of the song and told him they would not make reference "to the former GNR member or his subsequent band Velvet Revolver" in Guitar Hero III. Rose would later discover "an animated depiction of Slash, with his signature black top hat, long dark curly hair, dark sunglasses and nose-piercing" was featured on the box.

He also said the song "Sweet Child 'O Mine" was used in an online promotion for Guitar Hero III while only being licensed for Guitar Hero II.

"This lawsuit is about protecting Guns N' Roses and 'Welcome to the Jungle,' and is about holding Activision accountable for its misuse of these incredibly valuable assets," Rose's lawyer Skip Miller told Reuters. "The relief we are seeking is disgorgement of profits and compensatory and punitive damages."

Rose is seeking $20 million in damages from sales of the Guitar Hero III. Activision has not responded to requests for comment.
    I brought my pencil!!!

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    How is the other suit of Axl's going?
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Heh....this is a) about replenishing that fucking loser's bank account, and b) trying to get into the revisionist history thing by claiming Slash never had anything to do with Runs n Goses.

The fucking loser is at it again.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Heh....this is a) about replenishing that fucking loser's bank account, and b) trying to get into the revisionist history thing by claiming Slash never had anything to do with Runs n Goses.

The fucking loser is at it again.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    damages?.Come on Axl even I think this is stupid
    I really love you baby, I love what you've got
    Let's get together we can, Get hot

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatArtGuy View Post

"This lawsuit is about protecting Guns N' Roses"

Axl better file a lawsuit against himself then. As he has been the single most damaging thing to the Guns N' Roses band, name, fans & legacy.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Candy Girl
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondjimi View Post
    Maybe he "ate" his way through his fortune? He's awfully tubby for a heroin addict, doncha' think?

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    My latest.... I'm sure it will make the rounds on the internets.

I'm expecting a letter from his lawyer any time now.....

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Girl View Post
    Maybe he "ate" his way through his fortune? He's awfully tubby for a heroin addict, doncha' think?
    I don't think he's touched smack in many years. But somehow I doubt he's missed a meal in a long time...

Loon
    SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondjimi View Post
    Yooouuu Twinkies® will be my'einnne,
    But my gut is way out of ly'inneeene!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Thumbs up Axl reaches new low

Watch the news clip!

http://www.3news.co.nz/Guns-N-Roses-...5/Default.aspx

FRI, 03 DEC 2010 1:03P.M.
    Fans at a Guns N' Roses concert in Townsville, Australia this week say they were left disappointed and angry by the performance.
    They’re calling for their money back after Axl Rose and his band came on two hours late and appeared to be miming.
    “I think it’s an imitation band – it is absolutely terrible,” one concert goer said shortly after the concert began.
    Audience members reportedly began leaving the event in droves as the sound problems continued.
    “Tell Axl I said get stuffed!” one concert goer yelled at a TV camera as he left early.
    “He sux, it sounds like shit,” exclaimed another.
    Some fans did enjoy the performance and went to the airport to say goodbye to the rockers.
    Concert promoters say there will be no refunds.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was about to ask why do people still give their money to Asshole Pose... but then I watched the clip.

"It's been my drem since I was TWELVE!!!!!"

They're retarded.

Cheers! :bottle:

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't think that many bands tour New Zealand but yes she was retarded.

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    “I think it’s an imitation band” one concert goer said shortly after the concert began.
    technically, yes.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Gotta love how them Aussies tell it like it is in that clip re: the Axhole Rose Solo Band.

Banned
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't think that many bands tour New Zealand but yes she was retarded.
    That was never Kiwiland. It was Dingorootown, you silly Irish person.

How is it possible for anyone to mix the two?

Cheers! :bottle:

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Watch the news clip!

http://www.3news.co.nz/Guns-N-Roses-...5/Default.aspx

FRI, 03 DEC 2010 1:03P.M.
    Fans at a Guns N' Roses concert in Townsville, Australia this week say they were left disappointed and angry by the performance.
    They’re calling for their money back after Axl Rose and his band came on two hours late and appeared to be miming.
    “I think it’s an imitation band – it is absolutely terrible,” one concert goer said shortly after the concert began.
    Audience members reportedly began leaving the event in droves as the sound problems continued.
    “Tell Axl I said get stuffed!” one concert goer yelled at a TV camera as he left early.
    “He sux, it sounds like shit,” exclaimed another.
    Some fans did enjoy the performance and went to the airport to say goodbye to the rockers.
    Concert promoters say there will be no refunds.
    Axle Rose for president. He has all the qualifications for the job. Selling brilliance, giving shit, and telling the public to fuck off afterwards.

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Well, I cannot recall in the history of the United States, when a sitting president threw an infantile temper tantrum onstage or off, acting like a spoiled rotten 2-year-old who can't have any candy, for no valid reason whatsoever.

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fucking Axhole !!! Go away, at this point I hope Slash would tell him to fuck off if he ever wanted to play with him again. Slash is to cool to hang with the little prick !!

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    You know what, Axl has really shot himself in the foot.

He is associated more in the minds of most music fans for being a dick than for the songs - many great, great songs - that he penned. It has actually got to the point where he is chronically underrated as an artist. When most LA bands were writing tired cliche rock n roll lyrics, he was coming up with some outstanding stuff, and crazy melodies too. And, back in his day he was an outstanding frontman with an air of danger about him.

Now, he's just become a bloated parody of himself. An almost 50 year old diva.

I actually thought Chinese Democracy, whilst not a G'N'R record, was interesting. But it was never going to get a fair crack of the whip because of the man behind it.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I actually don't think they'll ever be a 'classic' GNR reunion. The only way I could see it happen is if they all really, really need the money so desperately that they HAVE to put up with one another. I can't see that happening.

I mean, Izzy barely wants to talk about GNR in interviews; and Slash, Duff and Matt seem to leads live filled with many other things.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And the downward spiral continues. Thanks to jero for the heads-up...

GUNS N' ROSES' 'Chinese Democracy' Can Now Be Yours For Just $1.99

BLABBERMOUTH

BEST BUY SITE AD LINK

Best Buy, which was the exclusive U.S. retailer for GUNS N' ROSES decade-plus-in-the-making album "Chinese Democracy", is offering a special deal on copies of the CD. You can now purchase the album via the BestBuy.com web site for just $1.99.

"Chinese Democracy" was a commercial disappointment upon its release in November 2008, selling just 614,000 copies in the U.S. so far, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

The CD was officially certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on February 3, 2009 for shipments in the United States in excess of one million copies.

Best Buy paid $14 million for 1.6 million copies of the album, according to Hits.

Aside from Billboard and Spinner interviews and answering a number of fan questions at a GUNS N' ROSES message board, singer Axl Rose has done no promotion of any kind for "Chinese Democracy".

GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal threw cold water on remarks by fellow GUNS axeman D.J. Ashba, who was quoted as saying at a party in Los Angeles late last year that the band was "throwing around a bunch of ideas" for a new album. Thal took to his Facebook page to set the record straight, saying, "We've yet to get in a room and write as a band. (I) know D.J. mentioned something about a new album, but don't want y'all expecting anything soon. Other than old unreleased songs, songs need to be written, jammed, recorded, tweaked, re-worked, re-recorded, mixed, re-mixed, mastered, re-mastered, art, new art, label approval, a game plan from the label that Axl [Rose, singer] approves . . . not as simple when it's on such a big scale . . . Just don't want ya getting frustrated if a GN'R album doesn't happen quick."

"Chinese Democracy" came out 15 years after its predecessor, 1993's "The Spaghetti Incident". It took more than a decade to record, during which every original member of the band except Rose was replaced and four different producers were used.

Nevertheless, Rose hinted in a 2002 interview that the lengthy sessions for the record had left him with enough material for two follow-ups.

Bassist Tommy Stinson, who has been playing in the current GUNS lineup for 12 years, told The Pulse Of Radio that he's always had confidence in Rose's vision. "I had doubts at certain points, and the thing that kept me going every time is that I would talk to Axl about this and that, his ideas about what we're doing and what we're gonna do and stuff like that," he said. "And every time, I just kinda had to stop and go, 'You know, he really knows exactly what he wants to get.' How to get there is another issue, but he knows what he wants, how he wants it to be. Every time I had a doubt, I would talk to him about stuff, and totally be back in it."

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    "Chinese Democracy" was a commercial disappointment upon its release in November 2008, selling just 614,000 copies in the U.S. so far, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

The CD was officially certified platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) on February 3, 2009 for shipments in the United States in excess of one million copies.

Best Buy paid $14 million for 1.6 million copies of the album, according to Hits.[/I]
    WTF?!?!? It went platinum but only sold 600k+ copies? What kind of fucked up shit is this?!?!? And record industry wonders why their losing money. It's because they do fucked up shit like payola, fixing the number of units sold and paying way too much for acts that no one gives a shit about.

Hooray for piracy is all I have to say!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Axl cut his hair...

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BITEYOASS View Post
    WTF?!?!? It went platinum but only sold 600k+ copies? What kind of fucked up shit is this?!?!? And record industry wonders why their losing money. It's because they do fucked up shit like payola, fixing the number of units sold and paying way too much for acts that no one gives a shit about.
    Isn't that bizarre? Since Best Buy bought the initial 1.6 million copies that allowed the platinum certification, it would make sense that they should get the award, not Guns & Roses.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    After a loss like that, back in the 'good old days' the record company would now own GNR Ltd and he would be broke so they could offer him retirement or reforming.

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Best Buy is a back door funnel of Sony. They have a hag way of dealings. Why shouldn't it be $1.99. Had they not been hogs to begin with they could have had a better return. It cost pennies to spit out a CD. It is not vinyl they are spinning! Best Buy wanted it they got it. It was up to them to sell them. 9" Nails dropped 2 hours of sound for $5.
    Like Mikey said to Paul. It is just business.
    It was a great business move. The whole C.D. was a calculated move of extraordinary proportions.
    However, I am not convinced that Axl meant to play a crusader in the beginning. I think perhaps he was in cohorts to bleed targeted corporations. I do think that the original cohorts, allowed this laceration. That had he not cohered to begin with he would not have been in the position to negotiate a deal that allowed him a platinum up front with no obligations.

Kudos to Axl for making Platinum in one spludge (sic)!

Megalithic tyrants are a scourge to society!
    However, fighting corruption with corruption only leads to more corruption.

Feeding My Addiction
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I guess we'll never see 'Chinese Democracy pt 2'. I actually quite enjoyed 'Chinese Democracy', but I can't say it was revolutionary enough to mean I'll miss not seeing a sequel.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I might pick it up for $1.99

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Sure you might " see 'Chinese Democracy pt 2' " ...If Axl can shake off the monkey.

How to do that; various artist have taken various ways.
    Most point out the monkey, exclaim there is a monkey, show the monkey it's reflection, and proceed to disinfect the areas where the monkey subsided.
    Last edited by Blaze; 03-30-2011 at 12:16 PM. Reason: drapes

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    I'll take a few copies, too. My first copy was hard copy bootleg.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    The irony of course being that it would cost me twice that much to simply drive there.

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The irony of course being that it would cost me twice that much to simply drive there.

<OBJECT <PARAM NAME="movie" VALUE="http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?rt=ss_w_mpw&ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace= US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fjuliaclorg-20%2F8014%2F850a77b6-65de-4bc8-9776-7aa61a2abf6c&Operation=GetDisplayTemplate"><PARAM NAME="quality" VALUE="high"><PARAM NAME="bgcolor" VALUE="#FFFFFF"><PARAM NAME="allowscriptaccess" VALUE="always"><embed src="http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?rt=ss_w_mpw&ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace= US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fjuliaclorg-20%2F8014%2F850a77b6-65de-4bc8-9776-7aa61a2abf6c&Operation=GetDisplayTemplate" id="Player_850a77b6-65de-4bc8-9776-7aa61a2abf6c" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" name="Player_850a77b6-65de-4bc8-9776-7aa61a2abf6c" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" align="middle" height="280px" width="336px"></embed></OBJECT> <NOSCRIPT><A HREF="http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?rt=ss_w_mpw&ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace= US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fjuliaclorg-20%2F8014%2F850a77b6-65de-4bc8-9776-7aa61a2abf6c&Operation=NoScript">Amazon.com Widgets</A></NOSCRIPT>

ROTH KILL!
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post

<OBJECT <PARAM NAME="movie" VALUE="http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?rt=ss_w_mpw&ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace= US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fjuliaclorg-20%2F8014%2F850a77b6-65de-4bc8-9776-7aa61a2abf6c&Operation=GetDisplayTemplate"><PARAM NAME="quality" VALUE="high"><PARAM NAME="bgcolor" VALUE="#FFFFFF"><PARAM NAME="allowscriptaccess" VALUE="always"><embed src="http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?rt=ss_w_mpw&ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace= US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fjuliaclorg-20%2F8014%2F850a77b6-65de-4bc8-9776-7aa61a2abf6c&Operation=GetDisplayTemplate" id="Player_850a77b6-65de-4bc8-9776-7aa61a2abf6c" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" name="Player_850a77b6-65de-4bc8-9776-7aa61a2abf6c" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" align="middle" height="280px" width="336px"></embed></OBJECT> <NOSCRIPT><A HREF="http://ws.amazon.com/widgets/q?rt=ss_w_mpw&ServiceVersion=20070822&MarketPlace= US&ID=V20070822%2FUS%2Fjuliaclorg-20%2F8014%2F850a77b6-65de-4bc8-9776-7aa61a2abf6c&Operation=NoScript">Amazon.com Widgets</A></NOSCRIPT>
    The album cover speaks for itself. Its just random shit put together, in a similar fashion to Waxle's backup band.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    He still sounds pretty good...

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That shit is funny !!! Axhole is SO over. In America for sure !! The only way he makes another dime in the U.S. is if he get's Slash and Duff in the band again. He did a great job on those old albums but nobody could care less about him anymore. That's saying a lot when they might have been on of the biggest band ever !!
    Last edited by 78/84 guy; 03-30-2011 at 07:19 PM.

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Status

Axl's Rock in Rio FAIL

Someone sent this to me, too awful not to post. Check out the botched solo from the stormtrooper. Axl sounds awful and what is up with that coat?

This space for rent.

Thread Information