Has Ed been playing his "magic" Marshall?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Who knew?

Seems like the new EVH head is a little more metal than "brown"...

Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Coyote
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Pretty much every EVH amp has been subjugated by metalheads...
      Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• vanhalen1r2
        Head Fluffer
        • May 2006

Originally posted by jhale667
        Agree, too bad FW is considered one of their "weaker" efforts (especially sales-wise at the time), it's one of my favorites of the 6-pack.
        I agree, its a killer record.

I think it actually hurt Ed that it did poorly sales wise because he played his ass off and put his heart and soul on that record, it might be a big reason he seemed to stop growing as a player, just my two cents.
        “A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.”

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

He didn't make the "I'm tired of being a guitar-hero" statement until the Hagar-era.

If you can overlook the Ed hawking his new amp part of this piece, it's actually an interesting tonal discussion...

Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• vanhalen1r2
            Head Fluffer
            • May 2006

He didn't make the "I'm tired of being a guitar-hero" statement until the Hagar-era.

If you can overlook the Ed hawking his new amp part of this piece, it's actually an interesting tonal discussion...

I get what you are saying about the Fagar time frame, what I meant was, EVH really was pushing his playing in the time frame of Fair Warning, the album Ed put his heart and soul then it is not very commercially successful, then a half-ass filler follow up album DD smokes it with commercial success, so it looks like EVH stayed or was trapped in the VH success formula box, I wish Ed would have done more stuff like Blues Breakers with Brian May and kept pushing his playing even if the masses didn't get it, the guy was a one in a million talent, damn shame that we did not get more of him at the height and peak of his ability.
            “A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.”

Comment

• Diamondjimi
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2004

Originally posted by vanhalen1r2
              damn shame that we did not get more of him at the height and peak of his ability.
              True...
              Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• GAR
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

".. if you got no concept of tone, out comes 'bleahh.' "

That's about the only truth he's provided in that clip.

Comment

• GAR
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

Who Knew?
                  .. that what, it sounds tinny and sucks ass unless you detune it like this dummy?

Sounds like a Fender because it's a fucking Fender.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
                    Right on. That is what I meant by him developing some nice power amp distortion and not this gainy tone from his current amp. He has become lazy and doesn't want to work an amp and guitar like he used to so he is relying on hi gain preamp distortion. He's never going to get that magic classic tone with 6L6s and preamp buzz. Good old fashioned EL34 crunch baby!
                    The EL-34 is a European tube developed by Phillips. I have an old brochure and it's funny because they are bragging that the new slimmer EL-34 tubes allow for smaller electronics. They were cheap, consumer grade tubes meant to go in a smaller space than a 6L6. When pushed these tubes got that warm, raunchy sound that the more heavy duty 6L6 couldn't.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• paulscape
                      Full On Cocktard
                      • Jan 2007

I love the way Zakk talks about his hero's 'The Grail', 'Father Edward', 'Father Jimi'. It would be very cool if Ed went one step further and just used Dave Friedmans Marsha amps instead of those gainy bussy 5153's.
                      'By conviction bitter, by conviction sweet, but in reality atoms and void'

Comment

Working...