SUPER MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:41 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,582 Times in 3,461 Posts

Ozzy Osbourne Plans 'Killer Black Sabbath Album' Before Retiring

Ozzy Osbourne has hinted he'll retire after recording one more Black Sabbath album.

The rocker has revealed he's in talks with drummer Bill Ward about the possibility of another reunion and he's hoping to get Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler on board for a get together.

He says, "We're talking and that's a good sign. We're not at war with each other... I was speaking to Bill Ward last night. I've got to speak to the other two." And he has plans to record one final album with his old bandmates.

He tells the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, "I'm trying to get things done right... I would love to do a killer Black Sabbath album. It would make my life, my whole thing, round up perfectly for me."
    Story from peacefmonline.com News:

http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/ent...1008/72838.php

Published: 2010-08-20 13:32:56
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,402 Times in 6,057 Posts

I'd be really interested in an actuarist from an insurance company working out the exact percentage chance that all four of them are still alive.

It's nuts.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

3. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

GAR (08-26-2010)

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

I still can't believe Ozzy outlived Dio, for fucks sake.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,402 Times in 6,057 Posts

Ozzy is 6 years younger.

6. Thanked Seshmeister for this KICKASS post:

GAR (08-26-2010)

Running with myself
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-13-2016 @ 11:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Yeah, but he did a lot more drugs. And he's been with Sharon for 30 fucking years. That combination alone should have killed him.

8. Thanked Satan for this KICKASS post:

kissfan1976 (08-24-2010)

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    05-21-2013 @ 07:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Sharon's planning on rerecording Bill's tracks before this even makes it thru the mastering stage..

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:15 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,286 Times in 1,504 Posts

Blog Entries
    Yeah, well, it's easy for Ozzy to say that. Tony will write the music. Geezer will write the lyrics. All Ozzy has to do is show up and sing whatever is put in front of him, as per usual.

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    05-18-2017 @ 01:46 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Yeah, well, it's easy for Ozzy to say that. Tony will write the music. Geezer will write the lyrics. All Ozzy has to do is show up and sing whatever is put in front of him, as per usual.
    This is all too true . From what I have gathered about Sabbaths traditional functionality over their existence . Ozzy might get a melody or riff in his head and try to hum it out to the other three while they actually translate it to a musical structure .

Unfortunately , the status of Ozzy Osbourne the celebrity has far outmatched Ozzy Osbourne the singer/musician .

Truthfully , I would love to see them pull this off succesfully 'cause I love this band to death . I would love to see just one more live show of this classic line-up . They ain't gettin' any younger or healthier .
    Last edited by Green Manalishi; 08-21-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2024 @ 09:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 859 Posts

Well...here's the thing of it.

Black Sabbath 2004-2006 was a fucking train wreck. They were doing various one-off and Ozzfest appearances, playing the same 6 songs or so over and over while Ozzy fumbled his way through them. Tony and Geezer were VISIBLY bored out of their wits doing it. Thus, enter Ronnie James Dio (again) to do the three new songs on the Dio Years album.

Those songs were FAR AND AWAY better than anything Sabbath had done since Dehumanizer. The songs Psycho Man and Selling My Soul were both extraordinarily bad, and while Scary Dreams had some promise, it was also kind of plodding and not very exciting. So what happened? Ronnie James Dio again saved Black Sabbath from themselves, for the 3rd time - first was 1979, second being 1991. On top of that, we got the Rhino issue of Live at Hammersmith from '81 (a far better mixed album than Live Evil), the outstanding Radio City Music Hall live album, and of course The Devil You Know, easily the strongest BLACK SABBATH album since Dehumanizer.

And then, of course, we lost Ronnie and the whole thing won't ever be the same, not now.

I think I'm just a little fed up of Ozzy Osbourne and his on again-off again relationship with Black Sabbath, frankly. He had a WONDERFUL opportunity in front of him in 1993 to return to the band, do a tour (when he was still in remotely good shape) and record a great new album - he didn't do it for whatever reason. He had an opportunity after the Reunion live album was released to rejoin Sabbath on a full time basis and record an album, tour, all that - and he didn't do it, for whatever reason. Over the years since 1997, he's constantly threatened to do another album with Black Sabbath, and since 1997 what do we have to show for it?

Psycho Man, Selling My Soul and a live bootleg of Scary Dreams. Three songs, one of which isn't really official at all.

This is not a man that wants to work with Black Sabbath or do a Black Sabbath album. I think it's entirely more likely that Scream probably isn't moving as well as Sony executives and Sharon Osbourne would have hoped (yep, MTV's over), so they probably figure that since neither Geezer nor Tony have anything realistic to do at this point (Tony Martin? Solo albums?), now it's alright since all other options have failed and they need more cash.

I don't sense that Ozzy really cares at all whether or not he does another Black Sabbath album, personally. I honestly feel that this is more of a cash grab/opportunistic move in the light of Ronnie recently passing away and it's driven by little else but Sharon's greed and Ozzy's inability to let Ronnie have the last word as far as Black Sabbath is concerned, musically. I think it was that same inability to let another singer have the last word with Sabbath (in that case, Tony Martin) that originally fueled the initial 1997 dates with Mike Bordin on drums.

Tony and Geezer will ALWAYS write good music together, that goes without saying. Ozzy's only real contribution is going to be to show up in the studio, sing whatever Geezer gives him lyrically and call it a day, same as it ever was.

Honestly, as far as I'm concerned, it's all a bit after the fact. Doing an album that tops Never Say Die won't be too difficult, so I don't think it's really going to ruin any legacy they have. I just hate to see Geezer and Tony turning into part of Sharon's Ozzyco(c) money making machine in the process and I would rather see it happen on honest terms.

13. Thanked bueno bob for this KICKASS post:

tojoro (08-24-2010)

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    The Heaven And Hell show I saw in 2007 was fucking ASTOUNDING.

Ain't nothing Ozzy could do with the band now live that is gonna approach that, so why bother...other than a cash grab?

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-20-2021 @ 05:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,978 Times in 1,378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    The Heaven And Hell show I saw in 2007 was fucking ASTOUNDING.

Ain't nothing Ozzy could do with the band now live that is gonna approach that, so why bother...other than a cash grab?
    I saw that tour as well. They kicked serious ass. Another tour/album run with Ozzy will def. pale in comparison .....

Lick me
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondjimi View Post
    I saw that tour as well. They kicked serious ass. Another tour/album run with Ozzy will def. pale in comparison .....
    Personally, I couldn't muster much enthusiasm for seeing the Ozzy-era lineup plod through a set of "Black Sabbath with Ozzy Osbourne's Greatest Hits" again. Not to disparage those who would want to see that, but it's been done already.

Rock N Roll Outlaw
    Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-16-2013 @ 11:32 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by satan View Post
    yeah, but he did a lot more drugs. And he's been with sharon for 30 fucking years. That combination alone should have killed him.
    no shit!
    Lmao!

Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-22-2024 @ 03:37 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Ozzy sounds like a computer on his last few disc's !! I'll pass !!

Thread Information