X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carloscda
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2009

Clear Sounding VH Boots

What are some of the best sounding boots from 81-84?
  • VanHalenFan5150
    Sniper
    • Oct 2009

Greensboro NC 1984 is a must have
    Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• what waz zat
      Roadie
      • Jan 2004

Indianapolis 1984 and the 1982 Maryland Capitol Center show are both good. A good ealy show is the 1978 Englad show.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by VanHalenFan5150
        Greensboro NC 1984 is a must have
        You have a good link for that ??
        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Carloscda
          Foot Soldier
          • Jan 2009

Anything from 81?

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
            Sniper
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            You have a good link for that ??
            Yep, here it is... Best sounding 84 boot. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DE05NB4N
            Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
              Sniper
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Carloscda
              Anything from 81?
              Check out "Listen to this, Eddie!" or "Martial Law". Another good one is "Home Ground", but 81 bootlegs are either hit or miss

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by VanHalenFan5150
                Yep, here it is... Best sounding 84 boot. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DE05NB4N
                That does sound good, thanks...

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                  Sniper
                  • Oct 2009

There are several bootlegs in the history of Van Halen bootlegs, that sound professionally recorded when they are no such thing... Van Halen could make a fortune off of a few bootlegs, i'm sure if a remastered edition of a London 78 show or, say, Fresno 79 recording, was to be released officially, it would fare well

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

I don't give a shit about any others, just give me Oakland '81, and I'll die with a smile on my face....

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                      Sniper
                      • Oct 2009

I don't give a shit about any others, just give me Oakland '81, and I'll die with a smile on my face....
                      I'd die on sight if such a thing existed

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

I'm firmly convinced the full show existed at one time, I think the credits at the end of Unchained are a pretty clear indication, you just don't put credits like that on filming a few singular songs....

But I have a feeling that since it was nearly 30 years ago now, it's probably in some warehouse and unusable by now...

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

I'm firmly convinced the full show existed at one time, I think the credits at the end of Unchained are a pretty clear indication, you just don't put credits like that on filming a few singular songs....

But I have a feeling that since it was nearly 30 years ago now, it's probably in some warehouse and unusable by now...
                          At one time, that "warehouse" was a company called Pacific Title. You can click on and view some records that supposedly document the footage shot between 1980 and 1984 that was stored there at this link: Pacific Titles Archives List

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

That's right, now I remember, here ya go....

Comment

• VAiN
                              Use my hand, I won't look
                              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Quebec 84 is a great 84 show to have... they did Summertime Blues, which they never played at any other 84 shows before or after...

Most of the 80/81 boots sound like shit with the exception of a handful... check out vhboots.com for a little more info.
                              Originally posted by wiseguy
                              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

Working...