Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glenn BecKKK is not Martin Luther King Jr.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,298 Times in 4,722 Posts

Glenn BecKKK is not Martin Luther King Jr.

Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

2. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

jhale667 (08-27-2010)

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

Alveda King should be ashamed of herself for supporting this fool.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Alveda King’s attempted claiming of the MLK legacy is sad

http://blogs.alternet.org/speakeasy/...legacy-is-sad/

Many black leaders oppose the comparisons between the African-American civil rights movement and the gay rights movement. But few are as vehemently opposed to the comparison as Martin Luther King Jr’s niece, Alveda King.

However, as her recent behavior demonstrates, it could be that Alveda King doesn’t like the so-called appropriation of the black civil rights movement because it hones in on her action.

Witness her comments in defense of her joining Glenn Beck’s 8-28 rally which will be held 47 years to the date of the 1963 March on Washington which featured Dr. Martin Luther King Jr’s “I Have A Dream” speech:

“It is absolutely ludicrous that abortion supporters would accuse a blood relative of Dr. King of hijacking the King legacy. Uncle Martin and my father, Rev. A. D. King were blood brothers. How can I hijack something that belongs to me? I am an heir to the King Family legacy.”

Alveda King’s statements in this press release (which is titled Pro-Abortion Blacks Attack Heir to King Legacy) isn’t the first time she claimed that “blood” entitles her to be an “heir to the King legacy.”

Last month, during an anti-gay marriage rally, she said pretty much the same thing during a verbal attack on her late aunt, Coretta Scott King. Her exact words then were:

She (Coretta) was married to him (Martin Luther King, Jr.). I’ve got his DNA. She doesn’t.

Alveda King’s constant yammering that the “King blood flows through her veins” reminds me of Saturday Night Live comedian Tracy Morgan’s hilarious send-up of Star Jones on The View in which he would constantly pepper the conversations in various skits with assurances that his character was a lawyer in an effort to lampoon questions of Jones’s relevancy.

King would be equally funny except for the fact she has made a career out of being MLK’s niece. What she has to say is not important. No one cares. It’s the symbol of MLK that’s more important. This is something she knows and is not ashamed of.

Why care when there is so much spotlight to be grabbed?

And in this particular case, i.e. Beck’s rally, Alveda King is soiling the King name and legacy by aligning it with someone who, if he had been around during King’s time, would be one of the first to denigrate him with as much ease as he is now denigrating what King stood for.

I don’t think the King legacy has anything to do with blackboards, conspiracy theories, and charlatans who can cry crocodile tears at the drop of a hat.

And Alveda’s chirpings about her sharing the “King blood” is like me using an alleged familial relationship to a rock star to demand a recording contract even though I can’t carry a tune.

MLK’s legacy should never be used like a commodity nor should it be determined by blood relationships. MLK’s legacy is about truth, integrity, and most of all, love.

So while the King blood does flow through Alveda’s veins, she seems to be sorely lacking on the other points. Especially integrity.

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-25-2015 @ 02:24 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,558 Times in 850 Posts

I have a bad feeling about this so-called "rally" of Beck and Palins.

Sharpton, the New Black Panthers, and other radical groups have confirmed that they are going to crash this party. It's not going to end well.

On the anniversary of Martin Luther Kings speech of all days, we'll find out that the human race hasn't really progressed at all. In alot of ways, it's only gone backwards.

If nothing else, America will get an introduction to the CMRT and what they're all about....
    Last edited by hambon4lif; 08-27-2010 at 01:39 PM.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hambon4lif View Post
    I have a bad feeling about this so-called "rally" of Beck and Palins.

Sharpton, the New Black Panthers, and other radical groups have confirmed that they are going to crash this party. It's not going to end well.

On the anniversary of Martin Luther Kings speech of all days, we'll find out that the human race hasn't really progressed at all. In alot of ways, it's only gone backwards.

If nothing else, America will get an introduction to the CMRT and what they're all about....
    Sharpton's had practically zero credibility in my eyes since the Twana Brawley incident, but for once he said something I agree with the other day regarding the Palin/Dr. Laura fiasco...

"What's Dr. Laura supposed to "re-load" exactly, Sarah - the 'N' word?"

I mean, seriously. Stupid bitch.

Beck's "rally" being held on the steps of the Lincoln memorial on the anniversary of Dr. King's speech is a million times more distasteful than the location of a mosque in NYC, that's for sure.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

"My question is, when did America lose that honor?" Sekoff asked. "Did we lose that honor when we invaded Iraq for nonexistent WMD? Did we lose the honor when we opened Guantanamo, when we allowed extraordinary rendition? Did we lose the honor when we said waterboarding wasn't torture? Or maybe did we lose our honor when Glenn Beck said the President of the United States had a deep-seated hatred for white people?

"Because if it was those things," Sekoff added, "he's a little late to the game."

<object width="420" height="245" id="msnbc5157dd" ><param name="movie" value="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" /><param name="FlashVars" value="launch=38873022&amp;width=420&amp;height=24 5" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="wmode" value="opaque" /><embed name="msnbc5157dd" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" width="420" height="245" FlashVars="launch=38873022&amp;width=420&amp;heigh t=245" allowscriptaccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="opaque" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 420px;">Visit msnbc.com for <a style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;" href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com">breaking news</a>, <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032507" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">world news</a>, and <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032072" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">news about the economy</a></p>
    Last edited by Va Beach VH Fan; 08-27-2010 at 02:21 PM.

8. Thanked Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

jhale667 (08-28-2010)

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Hahahaha!!!

I hope Ted Nugent shows up...

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    Hahahaha!!!

He'll probably shit in his pants to get out of that, too.

What good is a chickenhawk once hell actually starts to break loose?

11. 2 users say thank you to hambon4lif for this KICKASS post:

bueno bob (08-27-2010),jhale667 (08-27-2010)

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-11-2024 @ 09:21 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,333 Times in 859 Posts

Hahahaha!!!

He'd fit right in with the rest of the fake patriots.

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    05-21-2013 @ 07:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    LOLZ the same Secret Service protecting the President will be watching Glen Becks' ass tomorrow.. there would have to be a REALLY amazing lack of security for someone like an ACORN or an SEIU'er to make way thru the crowd and assasinate him.

I'm not postulating it to be an impossible chore, but even a lightning strike is supposed to be 99% percent against the odds even though people get struck all the time.

However, one can be 100 percent sure any threat on Beck won't come from a Teapartier or a Republicunt.

(BTW Teapartiers are 66% percent AND rising, pissed-off Democrats if you believe the AP polls)

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Once people figure out that this rally isn't about "restoring honor", but rather a shameless promotion of an upcoming book.....he'll need that kind of security.
    Once people figure out that he didn't randomly pick this particular date (as he claims) to stage this rally.....he'll need that kind of security.
    Once people figure out that this lying sack of shit is out in the open amongst the people, and not safely protected inside of the walls of Rupert Murdochs Death Star........he'll need that kind of security.

Oh, and did I already mention that the New Black Panthers, Sharpton, and assorted hate-groups/fringe from all over will be dropping by to say hello?........he'll need that kind of security.

This is not going to be some 'peace and love' festival where everyone holds hands and sings silly songs. This is going to be a gathering of the radicals......a gathering of the ignorant......a gathering of the radically ignorant.
    I just have that gut feeling that something ugly is going to happen tomorrow, I hope that it doesn't, but at the same time, if it does, maybe it will open some eyes and serve as a prime example as to how fucking stupid the whole thing really is.

Before I forget to mention it.......he'll need that kind of security.

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    12-25-2016 @ 01:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Interesting..

<object width="420" height="245" id="msnbc9d91b" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" /><param name="FlashVars" value="launch=38874415&amp;width=420&amp;height=24 5"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="wmode" value="opaque" /><embed name="msnbc9d91b" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" width="420" height="245" FlashVars="launch=38874415&amp;width=420&amp;heigh t=245" allowscriptaccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="opaque" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 420px;">Visit msnbc.com for <a style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;" href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com">breaking news</a>, <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032507" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">world news</a>, and <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032072" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">news about the economy</a></p>

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I ALWAYS fuck up on the embed=code! Hell..

Glen Beck raises alot of historical issues that question the integrity of the government's experience and direction. I think that's patriotic, if he wants to flip his book there who cares?

He isn't charging admission is he?

King of the Jews
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-01-2024 @ 08:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Speaking for Dad, the Holy Spirit, and Myself, I can assure thee all that We will NOT be attending Glenn's pathetic rally tomorrow. Though We may watch it on C Span just for a laugh

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 03:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GAR View Post
    I ALWAYS fuck up on the embed=code! Hell..

Glen Beck raises alot of historical issues that question the integrity of the government's experience and direction. I think that's patriotic, if he wants to flip his book there who cares?

He isn't charging admission is he?
    the only thing patriotic about glenn beck is that he's a capitalist out to make as much money as he can. and his avid fools...er...followers provide all the money he needs through listening to his shows and buying his books.

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

.....and don't be fooled by Ped Nugent either.

The only reason he's showing up is to see if he can score with Piper Palin.

King of the Jews
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-01-2024 @ 08:02 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hambon4lif View Post
    .....and don't be fooled by Ped Nugent either.

The only reason he's showing up is to see if he can score with Piper Palin.
    Which reminds Me..... where can you buy millstones on earth these days? When I come back, there's going to be a lot of one way boat rides for pedophiles. I'll need some rope too. (Matthew 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.)

21. Thanked Jesus Christ for this KICKASS post:

FORD (08-27-2010)

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    My question is where are the real leaders? The Republicans fucked us and the Democrats ran with the Republican ball and fucked us even more. Both parties are bought and paid for by big oil, big pharma, military contractors, big banking, the insurance industry. Something needs to break this cycle of corruption and you have the tea party emerge but all the wackos from Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck hijack it for their self promotional purposes. The whole country is a nutty shit house.

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-09-2013 @ 06:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Oh the sheer hate from the Left!!!

You guys are really fearful about the upcoming midterms, aren't you?

Democrats/liberals/progressives/Marxists/Socialists (they're all the same, afterall) never could put up a good debate. They are only good at whining and complaining.

You guys are obviously desperate! Even you, kb

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadBrian View Post
    Oh the sheer hate from the Left!!!
    I think you're confusing disgust for hate.

You guys are really fearful about the upcoming midterms, aren't you?
    Not especially. They're midterms. I honestly couldn't care much less than I already do. Yeah, conservatives will make a few gains, but nowhere near the "Taking the country back!" gains you're so excited about.

Democrats/liberals/progressives/Marxists/Socialists (they're all the same, afterall)
    Wrong, but you already knew that.

never could put up a good debate.
    That's funny, considering how often you get your ass served to you on a silver platter here. Were I you, I'd have already logged off and moved out of state in complete and utter shame, but then again that's me, and I have two advantages on you - I can think and I have some shame.

They are only good at whining and complaining.
    Are they naughty poopy-faces too?

What, are you in 4th grade or something? Fuck, try and elevate your argument to something remotely adult, oh bitch of mine.

26. Thanked bueno bob for this KICKASS post:

jhale667 (08-28-2010)

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

WASHINGTON — From the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, conservative broadcaster Glenn Beck told the tens of thousands of activists he drew from around the nation Saturday that the U.S. has too long "wandered in darkness."

His rally's marquee speaker, Sarah Palin, praised "patriots" in the audience for "knowing never to retreat."

The two champions of the tea party movement spoke from the very spot where Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his "I Have a Dream" speech 47 years ago. Some civil rights leaders who have denounced Beck's choice of a venue staged a rival rally to honor King.

Palin, the 2008 GOP vice presidential nominee who may make a White House run in 2012, said activists must honor King's legacy by paying tribute to the men and women who protect the United States in uniform.

Beck, pacing back and forth on the marble steps, said he was humbled by the size of the crowd, which stretched along the Washington Mall's long reflecting pool nearly all the way to the Washington Monument.

"Something beyond imagination is happening," he said. "America today begins to turn back to God."

"For too long, this country has wandered in darkness," said Beck, a Fox News host. He said it was now time to "concentrate on the good things in America, the things we have accomplished and the things we can do tomorrow."

Neither Beck nor Palin made overtly political comments.

Palin, greeted by chants of "USA, USA, USA" from many in the crowd, told the gathering, "It is so humbling to get to be here with you today, patriots. You who are motivated and engaged ... and knowing never to retreat."

"We must restore America and restore her honor," said the former Alaska governor, echoing the name of the rally, "Restoring Honor."

Palin told the crowd she wasn't speaking as a politician. "No, something more, something much more. I've been asked to speak as the mother of a soldier and I am proud of that distinction. Say what you want to say about me, but I raised a combat vet and you can't take that away from me." It was a reference to her son, Track, 20, who served a yearlong deployment in Iraq.

Palin honored military members in her speech. She likened the rally participants to the civil rights activists who came to the National Mall to hear King's historic speech. She said the same spirit that helped civil rights activists overcome oppression, discrimination and violence would help this group as well.

"We are worried about what we face. Sometimes, our challenges seem insurmountable," Palin said.

"Look around you. You're not alone," Palin told participants.

The crowd — organizers had a permit for 300,000 — was vast, with people standing shoulder to shoulder across large expanses of the Mall. The National Park Service stopped doing crowd counts in 1997 after the agency was accused of underestimating numbers for the 1995 Million Man March.

Civil rights leaders protested the event and scheduled a 3-mile plus march from a high school to the site of a planned King memorial near the Tidal Basin and not far from Beck's gathering.

Karen Watts, 57, of Mount Vernon, N.Y., was among those attending the King rally and march. "The dream is not forgotten," she said. "I live my life honoring Dr. King to make sure I'm part of that dream, by serving my community."

Of Beck's rally, she said, "They're American citizens. So long as they don't infringe upon my rights ... let them do what they do."

Eleanor Holmes Norton, Washington's delegate to Congress, said she remembers being at King's march on Washington, which she said prompted change and ended segregation in public places. "Glenn Beck's march will change nothing. But you can't blame Glenn Beck for his March-on-Washington envy," she said.

Beck has said he did not intend to choose the King anniversary for his rally but had since decided it was "divine providence."

Beck, in a taped presentation mixed in with his live remarks, invoked King's message and said "the fight for freedom was not easy." He repeatedly injected religion into the event and urged rally participants to rely on faith to help the U.S. recover from an economic recession that has given the country stubbornly high unemployment.

"Faith is in short supply," Beck said. "To restore America, we must restore ourselves."

Organizers said their aim was to honor military personnel and others "who embody our nation's founding principles of integrity, truth and honor."

Many in the crowd watched the proceedings on large television screens. On the edges of the Mall, vendors sold "Don't Tread on Me" flags, popular with tea party activists. Other activists distributed fliers urging voters "dump Obama." The pamphlet included a picture of the president with a Hitler-style mustache.

The Rev. Al Sharpton, leading the civil rights march, said Beck's demonstration was an anti-government rally that advocated states' rights — counter to the message in King's speech, in which the civil right leader appealed to the federal government to ensure equality.

"The structural breakdown of a strong national government, which is what they're calling for, is something that does not serve the interests of the nation and it's something that Dr. King and others fought against," Sharpton told C-SPAN hours before his event.

People began filling up the space between the Lincoln Memorial and the Washington Monument early in the day, many waving American flags. Wasington's subway system was extremely crowded with long lines of people trying to get to the rally. Metro spokeswoman Lisa Farbstein said that there was crowding at least a dozen stations.

Ricky Thomas, 43, a SWAT team police officer from Chesapeake Beach, Md., brought his 10-year old son Chase to the Beck rally. "I wanted my son to see democracy in action," Thomas said.

He said he wants government to stay out of people's lives. He acknowledged that he works for government, but said it's "a part of government that helps people when they are in trouble."

Beck has given voice to those angry and frustrated with President Barack Obama and other Democrats this election year, especially members of the tea party movement.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news...7/US.DC.Rally/

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

So, what have they covered in their "Restoring Honor" bullshit rally? God and patriots. Meaning that, by default, anybody NOT on their side is A) Against God and B) Not a patriot, apparently. Do I have that straight? Seriously, though, where is the "restoring honor" part? Can anybody explain to me how our "honor" was "lost" and how they propose to bring it back - I mean, OUTSIDE of the obvious religious indoctrination Glenn and Sara seem to be proposing, and replacing that guy in office that they're still crying about?

You know, based on the knee-jerk hot headed reactionist proclivities of these zealot-fucks, I'm quickly becoming less concerned about global terrorism and the American economy and more increasingly concerned about the possibility of an upcoming religious civil war where you can't even see the enemy. These are not people who can think straight or exercise common sense when they get all fired up about something, obviously.

How much of a push do you think it would take from one of these empty-headed, money-hungry opportunistic fucks to make it actually HAPPEN on a wide scale basis, especially if the welfare of the country "depended" on it?

It's a serious question to ask, I think.

I'll tell you right now how to restore this country's honor and I don't need to tromple all over the anniversary of Martin Luther King's speech in order to do it, either. What this country needs is a return to common sense and a renewed focus on communicating with each other using decency, respect and consideration regarding our differences in background, politics, and religious belief.

If our grandparents were the greatest generation, we are most certainly becoming the stupidest.
    Last edited by bueno bob; 08-28-2010 at 01:30 PM.

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-29-2021 @ 06:13 PM
    Status
    Thanks

LOL "God Bootcamp"..is katydid running the nutjob ring of the republican party now?

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...light=bootcamp

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

God damn, I can't believe I actually watched that whole pathetic stream of BecKKKish buffoonery.

As for Alveda King, she's a piece of work. Blood relative or not, it's clear that she's completely fucking clueless about her uncle's life, what he accomplished, and what he was trying to do when he was murdered by bastards who share the same mentality as Glenn BecKKK.

31. Thanked FORD for this KICKASS post:

bueno bob (08-28-2010)

Fear the Elf
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-29-2021 @ 06:13 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    God damn, I can't believe I actually watched that whole pathetic stream of BecKKKish buffoonery.

As for Alveda King, she's a piece of work. Blood relative or not, it's clear that she's completely fucking clueless about her uncle's life, what he accomplished, and what he was trying to do when he was murdered by bastards who share the same mentality as Glenn BecKKK.
    FORD..curious about something, I know he's from your state, but what the hell is the cryers hometown like? I read a while back quite a few aren't exactly happy with him.

The Frosty One...
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Ped "modern day G.I. Joe supermacho rocker badass" Nugent was scheduled to be a guest speaker at todays rally, but was unable to attend due to a previous engagement...
    I can't even post what this 'engagement' was with a straight face, so I'm just going to let someone else take the shot.....

Foot Soldier

Member No
    Last Online
    12-25-2016 @ 01:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks

They said this clown used MLK Speech & video acting like he's MLK!!

People need to Really wake up about this idiot!!

someone said "My understanding is that monies from this rally will help families of fallen soldiers"

That was a ploy of his to get people there, wait to they find out later what the real deal is!!
    Some people are so gullible...smh!!
    Last edited by Carloscda; 08-28-2010 at 02:17 PM.

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unchainme View Post
    FORD..curious about something, I know he's from your state, but what the hell is the cryers hometown like? I read a while back quite a few aren't exactly happy with him.

Mount Vernon is a boring little town in Skagit county. Probably most time I ever spent there was as a kid and had to wait around there for a couple hours while an overheated radiator got fixed. Lots of people drive through there, since it's about an hour south of the Canadian border. Maybe even some take a right turn there during the warmer months to drive the North Cascades Highway (it's closed in the winter) but nobody really GOES to Mount Vernon. Unless they're in the florist industry and it's tulip season.

So I guess I understand how a town that boring and that bored would latch on to any claim to fame they could, even if it's because of a piece of shit like BecKKK. But I'm happy that some of the locals there didn't go along with the scam and protested his ass when he came to collect his "key to the city".
    Last edited by FORD; 08-28-2010 at 02:24 PM.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus Christ View Post
    (Matthew 18:6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.)
    I think that verse is speaking of new Christians of any age rather than children...

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I think that verse is speaking of new Christians of any age rather than children...
    Since the Lord won't be posting on the Sabbath, I guess I'll have to take this one........

Matthew 18

1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?

2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,

3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

5 And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

6 But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
    So while JC was making some allegories there, such as "humble yourself AS a little child", the millstone reference specifically says "these little ones".

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-09-2013 @ 06:23 AM
    Status
    Thanks

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fn-SCepbiTM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Fn-SCepbiTM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Not sure exactly what that has to do with this thread, but I'll admit I was surprised when Letterman said it. I know he's no Republican. Maybe he's hoping for a primary challenge like I am?

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    I'll play Mindreader like you enjoy doing, and go so far as to say that what Brians saying is: [obvious]Obama is no Glen Beck.[/obvious] and never will be.

Rice Cooker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-07-2024 @ 03:10 PM
    Status
    Thanks

You guys are obviously desperate! Even you, kb

for calling out glenn beck? dude, anybody who thinks that glenn beck is anything but a money-grubbing attention whore is delusional.

there are plenty of legitimate critics. and plenty of whores. beck’s on the whore side.

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    More than that, Beck's popularity is a focus of anti-Obamists in this country who demand a low-tax/low-administrative overhead for the running of the nation and aren't getting fair value!

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GAR View Post
    More than that, Beck's popularity is a focus of anti-Obamists in this country who demand a low-tax/low-administrative overhead for the running of the nation and aren't getting fair value!
    Which is why those naive Bible thumpers are so ignorant.... They're either too stupid or they have a serious case of selective memory.... And that's BESIDES believing in the invisible man up in the clouds....

The Republican messiah, Ronald Reagan, raised taxes several times, including one of the biggest tax increases ever in '82.... Daddy Bush raised taxes, of course after the "read my lips" fuck-up.....

It was only dingbat George W. that cut taxes, and combined with Wall Street deregulation, caused the near depression....

But you go ahead, keep blaming Obama and restoring that honor.... History shows otherwise....

Builder of Sites
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-08-2016 @ 02:28 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,705 Times in 2,513 Posts

Nailed it.

Don't forget BARACK IS A MUSLIM

I swear this country gets dumber every election cycle.....

Banned
    Ook Can This Be Glove?
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-18-2010 @ 04:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LoungeMachine View Post

Nailed it.

Don't forget BARACK IS A MUSLIM

I swear this country gets dumber every election cycle.....
    Even yourself: witness, stupid..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gramm-Leach-Bliley_Act

Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    (Redirected from Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act)
    Jump to: navigation, search
    Sen. Phil Gramm (R, Texas), Rep. Jim Leach (R, Iowa), and Rep. Thomas J. Bliley, Jr. (R, Virginia), the co-sponsors of the Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act.

The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLB), also known as the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999, (Pub.L. 106-102, 113 Stat. 1338, enacted November 12, 1999) is an act of the 106th United States Congress (1999-2001) signed into law by President Bill Clinton which repealed part of the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933, opening up the market among banking companies, securities companies and insurance companies. The Glass-Steagall Act prohibited any one institution from acting as any combination of an investment bank, a commercial bank, and an insurance company.

The Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act allowed commercial banks, investment banks, securities firms, and insurance companies to consolidate. For example, Citicorp (a commercial bank holding company) merged with Travelers Group (an insurance company) in 1998 to form the conglomerate Citigroup, a corporation combining banking, securities and insurance services under a house of brands that included Citibank, Smith Barney, Primerica, and Travelers. This combination, announced in 1998, would have violated the Glass-Steagall Act and the Bank Holding Company Act of 1956 by combining securities, insurance, and banking, if not for a temporary waiver process.[1] The law was passed to legalize these mergers on a permanent basis. Historically, the combined industry has been known as the "financial services industry"

Criticism

President Barack Obama believes that the Act directly helped cause the 2007 subprime mortgage financial crisis.[23] Economists Robert Ekelund and Mark Thornton have also criticized the Act as contributing to the crisis. They state that while "in a world regulated by a gold standard, 100% reserve banking, and no FDIC deposit insurance" the Financial Services Modernization Act would have made "perfect sense" as a legitimate act of deregulation, but under the present fiat monetary system it "amounts to corporate welfare for financial institutions and a moral hazard that will make taxpayers pay dearly."[24]

Thread Information