Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Beware FAKE Vintage Guitar Auctions

http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/prod...60d7_22_1.html

I was browsing search results for vintage necks.. then I came across this Ebay clone auction site "dhgate.com" with one seller, super_star666 listing what appears to be vintage necks.

I assure you, my eye is really good on vintage gear. I'd say "unbeatable." I spot fake stuff all the time and avoid it.

Well, this one guy's got what appears to be a Kramer neck, but it ain't a Kramer neck.

He mostly sells bad clunky jewelry, his only feedback is a bad one, and ships via EMS?

I thought, that's where my laser and my carcinotron units came thru - and from where - CHINA!

That's why you see the fucking shipping charges of fifty bucks there: obviously, somebody over there got the wise-assed idea to fake vintage guitar parts and now they're being offered to the unsuspecting. I don't like it.

Cost direct for a chinese strat is anywhere from 27 to under 40 bucks, so somebody figured "let's build off older necks and then manually distress them" to make way more money off suckers in the USA.

First of all, there's no assembly required so you don't know if a neck is straight or not.

Second, the reproduced LOGO's are shredded by distressing - so there's technically in violation of a "KRAM-r" or "F--DER" trademark - and it's just a matter of time before you start seeing this occur on feeBay.

Third, anything vintage-guitar related shipping thru EMS Shipping, but has the Location listed as USA.. don't believe it. Especially when the shipping is DOUBLE that of Fedex Overnite.

Fourth and finally, there aren't any vintage guitars in Asia! Okay? These things got shipped over to the US, then sold to stores, then sold a couple times either thru the local paper or yard sales before they're unplayable and require so much repair, that the guitar is more valuable separated as parts .. and as such TRULY will have a location IN the US.

So be aware, be suspect, ask the seller questions and look at the domain-reply on his email of any unusual "vintage" auctions.. about ten years ago there was a glut of faked vintage PAF pickups that were difficult to tell apart from the real thing.

Now the in-thing to counterfeit seems to be bare guitar necks - so an FYI to you gentelmen.. that is all.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I can't believe I didn't see the word "Chink" in that entire rambling post...
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I usually reserve that term Chinkasoid Fuckwit for certain baka Japanese, not the Chinese, DJ.

Thread Information