Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sensible Shoes
    Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Dave's into herding? Oh sweet something the man and I can talk about!!!!! His father had kennel runs on the back of the house, and I've heard he has owned dogs before. WESTMINSTER! He needs to come see us.

Oh dear.

Comment

• VAiN
      Use my hand, I won't look
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by FORD
      That time frame seems very likely. It would put an album release in the spring, followed by a summer tour. Which is the most logical way to do it.
      Yeah, that's what I figure too... nothin like some VH in the summertime. I'll be at the first show, that's for sure! The is the closest thing we have to 'real' VH news in regards of the album. I'm actually getting excited.. I should know better!
      Originally posted by wiseguy
      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
        Dave's into herding? Oh sweet something the man and I can talk about!!!!! His father had kennel runs on the back of the house, and I've heard he has owned dogs before. WESTMINSTER! He needs to come see us.
        I was wondering how long it would take you to find this thread. Keep an eye out for the sheepdogs at your next dog show. Dave might be there!
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• chefcraig
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Apr 2004

Outstanding! Thank you for sharing that story.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Northern Girl
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Awesome! My heart started pounding just reading the title of the thread.

Welcome dlyle!
            Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• GAR
              Banned
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
              See, it's shit like this that'll never happen to me....
              Back in '99 or 2000, I was going S on Fair Oaks in Pasadena, and he came alongside the car on his bike wearing that blue-stripe choochoo cap of his.

Welcome! We love it when these stories come in, there hasn't been one in over a year, since the defense-training town sandwich shop sighting.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Doesn't sound like sheep dogs - sounds like Aussies - I pray he doesn't have shelties cause I might have to disown him.

Oh dear.

Comment

• GAR
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

What's so bad about a sheltie?

Comment

• dlyle
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by chan_bkny
                    I have a huge smile just from reading your account of the meeting The Man. Thanks for sharing!
                    I still have a big smile too. I just can't believe it was really him. My dad was there too and now he's been reading about who Dave is and is impressed.

It's weird meeting someone as big and famous as Dave. I wanted to respect his privacy so I only talked to him for a short while. There were so many more things I could have said and asked. Maybe I'll see him again next year.

Comment

• Blaze
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Cool beans and hot dogs! Great story! Welcome to the Army! And thanks for sharing
                      "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                      sigpic

Comment

• Little Texan
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

That's a really cool story, and now you're the envy of the place! Welcome to the Roth Army!

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by dlyle
                          I wanted to respect his privacy so I only talked to him for a short while. There were so many more things I could have said and asked.

Of course. But in your very brief time you were spot on.

1) Our hearts were crushed for years with false rumors

2) Is there going to be new Van Halen music.

Baddabing, baddaboom.

99.9% of every other interview they ask the most horrible questions or the lamest comments. You fucking nailed it....and got the pic to post. Otherwise most would have called bullshit.
                          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• GreenBayLA
                            Sniper
                            • Jan 2006

That is a pretty sweet story. The goatee isn't half bad, probably helps him blend in. Not any more...
                            "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• ashstralia
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Feb 2004

thats frickin awesome, dlyle.
                              was the puppydog one of these?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by VAiN
                                Yeah, that's what I figure too... nothin like some VH in the summertime. I'll be at the first show, that's for sure! The is the closest thing we have to 'real' VH news in regards of the album. I'm actually getting excited.. I should know better!
                                I hear ya bro... I regret not going to the Charlotte show with you guys in addition to the Greensboro show.. We'll see where they open this tour....
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...