DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes, Sensible View Post
    Really Dave simply reiterated what the recent press release said. I don't think this can put him on the shit list with the brothers for "leaking" info - and it lends some more credibility to the release.
    I'm not trying to be a wise-ass here, but exactly what "press-release" are you referring to? The last "official" statement offered from the band's PR outfit was a mention of good tidings offered for the coming year of 2010. OBVIOUS LINK
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-28-2012 @ 09:04 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Now what the man should have done was to offer his wife to Dave for the day/night with the condition of a first class interview with regards to the latest and greatest happenings with VH.
    This way all of you "worshippers" could have had your VH orgasms over and over again with some real news as to what is really happening in the VH camp.

My wife would have kicked my ass if I had made such a proposal. (she likes Hagar Smagar).:tongue0011:
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-07-2015 @ 11:54 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Last edited by vh rides again; 09-11-2010 at 09:12 AM.

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    02-18-2015 @ 05:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,001 Times in 676 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    I'm not trying to be a wise-ass here, but exactly what "press-release" are you referring to? The last "official" statement offered from the band's PR outfit was a mention of good tidings offered for the coming year of 2010. OBVIOUS LINK

From Blabbermouth.net

According to The Pulse of Radio, a VAN HALEN fan named Doug Lyle posted a report at the Van Halen News Desk web site in which he said that in a chance encounter last weekend, frontman David Lee Roth told him that "You'll be hearing from (VAN HALEN) in the next seven to eight months." Lyle wrote that he met up with Roth on Sunday, September 5 at, of all things, the 145th annual Scottish Gathering & Games in Pleasanton, California, where Roth apparently had a dog competing in the event's sheepdog trials.

Lyle wrote that he recognized Roth by the sound of his voice and that the singer was sporting "a dark goatee" and wearing "a hat, sunglasses, cargo pants, a San Francisco Caledonian Club T-shirt, and what looked like wool socks."

Lyle confirmed that it was Roth when he saw the singer's name on a board listing all the dogs and their owners. He approached the singer, who was friendly, confirmed who he was and posed for a picture (see below).

Recent rumors have indicated that a new VAN HALEN album was in the works, with the band's music publishing company noting in a press release last month that the band is "currently in the studio recording an album with Roth that is due for release in 2011."

The new album would be the first with Roth on the mic since 1983 and first full studio effort since 1998's "Van Halen III".

VAN HALEN's 2008 reunion tour with Roth grossed more than $93 million and drew nearly one million fans to 74 shows.
    Last edited by Sensible Shoes; 09-11-2010 at 02:14 PM.

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    05-21-2013 @ 07:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by devildawg View Post
    My wife would have kicked my ass if I had made such a proposal. (she likes Hagar Smagar).
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess this "wife" has kicked his ass before and will do so again soon after she reads this.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

From Blabbermouth.net
    Recent rumors have indicated that a new VAN HALEN album was in the works, with the band's music publishing company noting in a press release last month that the band is "currently in the studio recording an album with Roth that is due for release in 2011."

The new album would be the first with Roth on the mic since 1983 and first full studio effort since 1998's "Van Halen III"...

Oh, OK. My mistake, as I thought you were referring to something other than the amateurishly composed press blurb offered by Warner/Chappell Music. I still have the impression the company issued that little item to give some credence to signing the agreement with the two brothers to continue administrating the band's catalogue, which otherwise would have lead people to offer up a resounding "So what, they're toast" at the news.

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GAR View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess this "wife" has kicked his ass before and will do so again soon after she reads this.
    LOL Me and the wife had a good laugh at your quote GAR.

Uh....whats that????

Crap, I have to get off the computer...Im about to get my ass handed to me again.

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    05-21-2013 @ 07:57 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    If I hadn't been on the lookout for Firstwife these past 30 years, guys like you wouldn't get to marry my defrocked seconds.

Full On Cocktard
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GAR View Post
    If I hadn't been on the lookout for Firstwife these past 30 years, guys like you wouldn't get to marry my defrocked seconds.
    Oh, ok.:confused:
    Last edited by devildawg; 09-12-2010 at 03:49 AM.

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Oh, OK. My mistake, as I thought you were referring to something other than the amateurishly composed press blurb offered by Warner/Chappell Music. I still have the impression the company issued that little item to give some credence to signing the agreement with the two brothers to continue administrating the band's catalogue, which otherwise would have lead people to offer up a resounding "So what, they're toast" at the news.
    Quite possible. In any case, since others put it out there first, the sisters can't really go ballistic on Dave for repeating the info - and who would have thought that dlyle's story would go as far as it did.

Dumpwaffen SS
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:36 PM
    Status
    Thanks

"ah yes, the rusty pipes."

Cool story!

PS. all these years of false being an asshole, leaving VH to make movies, solo career, gay rumors...in real life, he just wanted to breed dogs 24/7 while VH brothers were more into chimpanzees and siamese cats.

I've also heard rumours about Dave getting pissed off on VH because Alex thought Siberian Husky was a beer company

12. 2 users say thank you to Golden AWe for this KICKASS post:

binnie (09-16-2010),Matt White (09-13-2010)

Roth Army Recruit

Member No
    Last Online
    12-08-2014 @ 03:04 PM
    Status
    Thanks

OMG !! That has to rate as the highlight of your year!!!!!!!!!! Especially bc it was so laid-back, casual and in a real life scenario ....you are privileged!

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-27-2020 @ 08:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,707 Times in 1,035 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Golden AWe View Post
    I've also heard rumours about Dave getting pissed off on VH because Alex thought Siberian Husky was a beer company
    Bravo, sir...

Talks To Trees
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:15 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,003 Posts

Blog Entries
    Hmmm Dave at a dog show... ranks right up there with Ed at a golf course... Mike at Disney Land... and Alex at a shopping mall. Wooo Hooo!!

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    11-04-2021 @ 07:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,233 Times in 2,449 Posts

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden AWe View Post
    "ah yes, the rusty pipes."
    Ebonics:

Van Halen haz no way b’in doin' sheeit !!

Commando
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2015 @ 08:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dlyle View Post
    So I've been a long time fan of David Lee and Van Halen. Today while at the Scottish Games in Pleasanton (in California) I walked by where they had sheep dogs herding sheep. As I walk by these four guys sitting in chairs I hear a familiar voice. Now we all know that nobody else sounds like Dave. I turn and look and sure enough it looks like Dave too. He's wearing a hat, cargo pants, and a San Francisco Caledonian Club tee shirt. He's clearly in great shape as I can see the veins in his neck and arms. He must have like zero body fat. As I walk away I tell my wife that I think I just saw Diamond Dave. She saw him too but says there's no way he would be here at the Scottish games. We walk away and move on to other events at the games but it's killing me cause I know it's him.

A couple of hours go by and it hits me.....they had a board that had all the names of all the dogs and their owners. I decided to run back and look. There it was on the whiteboard down towards the bottom...Dave Roth. I walk back over and he's still in the same chair. I can't not say anything so I say "excuse me is your name Dave?" The man replies "Yes it is." I then ask him "Is it David Lee Roth?" and he says "well, yes it is." I couldn't believe it! How was he not being mobbed by a thousand people? I asked him a couple more questions. I also tell him I knew it was him from his voice and he says "ah yes, the rusty pipes." I tell him how I grew up listening to him and Van Halen and that it killed me living so many years with false rumors of him getting back with VH. I then asked him if they were doing anything more and he said in the next 7-8 months we'd be hearing from them. I asked for a picture and then shook his hand. He was very nice to me. He asked me where I was from etc. I couldn't believe it! I just met THE David Lee Roth. I wanted to scream and tell everybody. How could all these peaople not know he was there???? I left with a huge smile on my face.
    Great story! Thanks for sharing with your fellow CVH fanatics.

I would love to meet Dave. I met Alex......and Gary Cherone (don't laugh) when they toured Down Under in the late 90s but I've never met THE MAN himself!

The comment about 7-8 months is encouraging and fits with what we've been hearing for a while now. Roll on 2011.

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-12-2014 @ 11:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 757 Posts

I was listening to a classic rock station from Boston(actually streaming over the net) and after Unchained he mentioned this story about the fan meeting and Dave saying you'll hear from us in 7-8 months.
    Crazy how that passes for band news.

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

BUMP

Our first word of Russell the dog!

20. Thanked Sensible Shoes for this KICKASS post:

Angel (01-03-2012)

Idle No More
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 08:56 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,076 Posts

BUMP

Our first word of Russell the dog!
    Nice Bump, Shoes!!!

Tattoo Tattoo
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Dave's sporting the goatee in that photo - I kinda wish he would keep it - it looks really good

How did I get here?
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-20-2022 @ 10:16 AM
    Status
    Thanks

hitch, anal, dogs, 3rd prize, taco night at the White House

Quote Originally Posted by dlyle View Post
    So I've been a long time fan of David Lee and Van Halen. Today while at the Scottish Games...
    WhYy dOOn'T DAVE poost heer//?/// It woodn't taKe mmmuch.

TeLL uS SHiTe liKe hoW t2o hav a GRATE pOOp!

Thread Information