Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ashstralia
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Feb 2004

10 mins to go, i nominate costigan m.o.m.

Comment

• Dan
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Sweet As Game.
      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• ashstralia
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Feb 2004

grant will be back around thursday.

Comment

• Dan
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

His Betting Did Pay Off.

Comment

• Grant
            Sniper
            • Feb 2005

Well, boys, it took 31 YEARS (and I wasn't even born back in 1979) but the MIGHTY DRAGONS have finally got there!!! And I'd also have to mention the ole Illawarra Steelers (have to give them credit for all good players they've supplied within their region).

And to St. Benny, aka Mr Wayne Bennett, we thank you and salute you!!!

"Oh, when the Saints go marchin' in,
            Oh, when the Saints go marchin' in,
            Oh, I want to be in that number,
            Oh, when the Saints go marchin' in..."

Comment

• Grant
              Sniper
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ashstralia
              grant will be back around thursday.
              Hey mate, yeah I'm feelin' like Reg Reagan wakin' up in the gutter early morning nursin' an empty carton case of KB.

I ended up watching the game locally at Kogarah Jubilee Oval. Unfortunately, the Leagues Club down the road barred us from getting in because I foolishly let my membership lapse at start of the year. I tried to get them to reinstate it and pay whatever but they wouldn't allow that (c'mon, this ain't lodging an insurance application after the house has burnt down!!) They had a couple of screens at the ground (both on the hill area) but they weren't big enough as I had envisioned, so we ended up having to toughen it out in that bloody miserable rain because watching from the grand stands needed bloody binoculars to see it properly. Then we waited AGES till the players to come back show us the trophy...then the party started!! Everyone was lining up at the Leagues Club but still refused us entry...and found out later guy sadly got killed there by police force after a brawl (what a great way to spoil the victory n all!!) And everyone was blocking the main Princes Highway, police had to come to scramble everyone off the road...was bloody mayham!!

Not that I'm complaining, but personally I didn't think it was much of a game. It was too scrappy and marred by bad mistakes and bloody refs decisions. But I'm still yet to watch a reply which I wanna do see can get a better appreciation of it.

Comment

• Grant
                Sniper
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ashstralia
                mate, how good's all the memories the roast unleashed?

never get sick of watching the old gf footage....

and remembering exactly where you were, and who you were with, when

those moments happened.
                Yeah bloody oath, mate! The Roast is always good with that stuff, can never ever get sick of that at all! (They certainly tho like to keep repeatin' Billy Idol's short-stinted performance in '02) I always prefer The Roast over ANY rugby league show, including both Footy Show's - just can't go wrong what they have on offer.

Hey, ash, bit of somethin' for ya:

If you're up to speed with your league history from WAY back and since you're Bunnies fan, well do you recall the 1967 Grand Final when Souths beat the Bulldogs - and Bob McCarthy's iconic intercept try which secured their win? If so, I tell you that Bulldogs hooker who threw that intercept pass, his name is Col Brown, he used to be parents next-door neighbour before I was born. Well, I remember my Dad telling me he went up to him right after the game and asked why he threw that pass, and his response was, "He bloody yelled for it!" Since then when I've played a few league games socially I've managed to try that devious little technique...and sure enough, it certainly works! LOL!

Comment

• Grant
                  Sniper
                  • Feb 2005

Okay, boys, another 6 months now until a new season...

For now it's gonna be The Ashes, Australian Open, workin' on our tans on the beach, and hopefully gettin' some...

Comment

• ashstralia
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Feb 2004

hey grant!!! you lucky duck.
                    bask in premiership supremacy.

Comment

• ashstralia
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Feb 2004

don't forget, there's 4 nations rugby league!!!

tandy's had a gorilla on england.

Comment

• Dan
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

How About The VB Open?

Comment

• Dan
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Ok Boys,This Weekend Is Bathurst 1000,For You Petrol-heads You Know What I Mean.

Holden To Take It,1,2 And 3 With Greg Murphy And Team For A Top 10 Finish.

Comment

• Grant
                            Sniper
                            • Feb 2005

I'm no motoring enthusiast (would like to be tho )...so I can't join in about Bathurst.

Oh, how could I forget the Tri Nations (or did u say 4, ash??). Here's another for you Dan matey. Can never get enough of some of good ole Billy Birmingham...here he's doing Ray Warren on the Kiwi international Rugby League side...

<object width="480" height="385"><pa...mbed></object>

Comment

• Dan
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

LOL,Billy Birmingham Is A Fucking Legend.

Comment

• Grant
                                Sniper
                                • Feb 2005

Here's a couple of pics from the big day.

This is me on the left.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...