DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 12:20 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts

2011 NFL OffSeason

Didn't want to start a new thread just for this little tidbit, and we can throw any other random NFL news into it as well. In any event, ESPN is talking about a trade between Washington and Tennessee for the under-producing and unmotivated Albert Haynesworth...

Albert Haynesworth trade in the works?

We were hearing buzz Monday about the Redskins again revisiting the possibility of trading defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth, who has continued to stir frustration in the organization.

ESPN is reporting that the Redskins and Tennessee Titans, Haynesworth's former team, are in trade talks. This is not surprising based on what team sources told us on Saturday about Haynesworth's performance in the preseason finale. People who reviewed film of the game described Haynesworth's play as "awful," saying he showed little effort and did not follow the principles of the 3-4 defensive scheme.

Haynesworth also angered coaches when he did not attend a halftime meeting to discuss defensive adjustments and review photos of the Arizona Cardinals' blocking schemes. In fairness to Haynesworth, one of his teammates said, the two-time all-pro is especially intense during games and has never attended halftime meetings because he prefers to remain focused on his duties. The teammate added that although Haynesworth did not appear especially sharp on film, his performance, in large part, could be attributed to the fact that Haynesworth is a nine-year veteran who participated in 49 of 55 plays during the fourth, and largely meaningless, preseason game.

On Monday, a league source surmised that the Redskins have resumed trade discussions with at least one team because Haynesworth participated in few plays during practice Sunday and Monday as the team began preparations to face the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday night at FedEx Field. A team source said Haynesworth met with Coach Mike Shanahan in private after practice Monday at Redskins Park.

Shanahan, who has player-personnel control, passed on an opportunity to trade Haynesworth before the draft, a league source said. But Shanahan his reached his limit with the ongoing Haynesworth drama and seems ready to make a move. Owner Daniel Snyder, however, already has paid Haynesworth $32 million for essentially one season of work, and he may want a major say in what happens with Haynesworth.

How likely is it the Haynesworth will be traded? It depends on whether the Titans are willing to offer enough compensation to allay Snyder's concerns about having paid Haynesworth all that money -- which includes a $21-million bonus on April 1 -- and having received so little in return.

Redskins Insider
    Last edited by chefcraig; 09-07-2010 at 04:30 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 09:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Somone will deal him...for sure...he's too talented...

But what a fucking cancer....
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

Head Fluffer
    Member No
    Last Online
    08-07-2015 @ 05:45 AM
    Status
    Thanks

I tell people here in Tennessee that the Titans will never win the Super Bowl and this is an example why. Here is a guy who tanked it in Nashville until the last year of his contract then lit everyone up. Then, he left for more money, and was a complete flop in Washington. Pouts during training camp and this is the kind of player the Titans want.

Idiots...

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Oh, lovely...

Parcells abdicates Dolphins to Ireland

By Tim Graham

Davie, Florida - The Miami Dolphins have announced Bill Parcells will have a diminished role with the organization moving forward, with general manager Jeff Ireland taking over football operations.

The Dolphins released a two-sentence statement Tuesday afternoon:

Effective immediately, Jeff Ireland will assume full control over all aspects and decisions in regard to the Miami Dolphin football team and support staff. This was the intent of the structure put in place in the past. Bill Parcells will remain with the club on a daily consultant basis.

Tuesday's development might not impact the Dolphins much. Nobody really was sure how much influence Parcells had before, and there's no reason to think he couldn't have just as much in his new role. It depends on how much he wants his voice to be heard and how much Ireland will want to listen.

Parcells was named executive vice president of football operations in late 2007. He has since rebuilt the Dolphins with his philosophies, helping them rebound from 1-15 to AFC East champions a year later.

Parcells has been the Wizard of Oz, pulling strings from behind a curtain. He was rarely seen or heard from since he joined the Dolphins. He addressed the South Florida media twice, at his introductory news conference and again as a contractual sponsorship obligation to Gatorade.

He didn’t travel to road games, but he was present at workouts, watching from a golf cart when the Dolphins practiced outside or pulling up a chair when they were in their practice bubble.

ESPN

ROTHITE BARBARICUS ELITE
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    07-19-2016 @ 09:19 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Something is in the works, Parcells will reapear with another team in 2011 watch..lol
    IMO he already wore out his welcome in south beach.

Roth Army Caesar
    I Am The Lizard King
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-17-2024 @ 09:43 AM
    Status
    Thanks

let's not forget...the guys is 69 years old!

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 11:05 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Not sure if this is news to anyone but i heard tom brady and randy moss is in the final year of contract's and has not been made an offer yet,that true?

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

By now, some of you guys might be familiar with this. I usually make this announcement between the second week of training camp and the third preseason game, but I was feeling (temporarily) overly optimistic this year.

"Ladies and gentleman, at this time the Miami Dolphins have been mathematically eliminated from the play offs..."

The Starchild
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    10-09-2020 @ 11:05 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    So who you backing chefcraig?,my money is on the Packers

10. Thanked Dave's Bitch for this KICKASS post:

PETE'S BROTHER (09-09-2010)

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    06-02-2022 @ 11:33 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,377 Times in 1,853 Posts

the detriot lions were robbed!

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-14-2018 @ 03:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,690 Posts

Yes they were but it was the correct call, by the book. The fucking idiot receiver needs to learn to let his body hit and never let the ball make contact with the ground.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

you are in the endzone, with control of the ball, two feet and an ass on the ground, and it isn't a td? bullshit! the fuckers that fly the last five yards to the pilon, touch it with the ball and then it goes out of their hand or bouncing off the turf when they hit is still a td. i understand the refs "complied" with the rule, but it is not a "legit" call? this should be fixed soon, but it won't help detroit have their first road win since 07.

The true JBC
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    11-14-2018 @ 03:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,690 Posts

All true, Pete.......and as a fan that can only expect 3 or 4 wins out of my team at best and has our starting QB out for 3 o 6 weeks it would of been nice for a road win every 3 or 4 years!

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kwame k View Post
    All true, Pete.......and as a fan that can only expect 3 or 4 wins out of my team at best and has our starting QB out for 3 o 6 weeks it would of been nice for a road win every 3 or 4 years!
    as long as you guys sweep the vikings this year, life is good.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-17-2023 @ 11:02 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    By now, some of you guys might be familiar with this. I usually make this announcement between the second week of training camp and the third preseason game, but I was feeling (temporarily) overly optimistic this year.

"Ladies and gentleman, at this time the Miami Dolphins have been mathematically eliminated from the play offs..."
    Hey, at least your team won yesterday. Mine can't even beat the fucking Redskins, let alone score a fucking touchdown from the 13 yard line with 12 seconds left in the game!

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

well, they did score, just to have it taken away by that lineman.:tongue0011:

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Little Texan View Post
    Hey, at least your team won yesterday. Mine can't even beat the fucking Redskins, let alone score a fucking touchdown from the 13 yard line with 12 seconds left in the game!
    The thing is with Dallas, they seem to perpetually make the same stupid mistakes that end up costing them games, which is very similar to Miami. The Dolphins barely won that game yesterday, against the weakest team in the division. I can't wait for us to play the NFC Vikings next week.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

i could not believe they let that player for the eagles back in the game after he didn't know who/where or why he was for awhile. an obvious head injury/concussion.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    The thing is with Dallas, they seem to perpetually make the same stupid mistakes that end up costing them games, which is very similar to Miami. The Dolphins barely won that game yesterday, against the weakest team in the division. I can't wait for us to play the NFC Vikings next week.
    That's true. They have maybe the best collection of talent in the league, yet continuously shoot themselves in the foot with stupid penalties and play down to the level of the competition they are playing that week. It all goes back to the coaching, and obviously Wade Phillips didn't have this team prepared to play this week. Resting all of the starters for the last preseason game probably had more than a little to do with it.

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-23-2017 @ 12:50 PM
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Status
    Thanks

Monday night double header. Go JETS!!!

J!
    E!
    T!
    S!

Jets!
    Jets!
    Jets!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    i could not believe they let that player for the eagles back in the game after he didn't know who/where or why he was for awhile. an obvious head injury/concussion.
    Word has it from ESPN the league will be looking into this situation, along with a case of alleged sexual harassment in the Jets locker room over the weekend involving a female reporter. Stay tuned.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

i saw that reporter story too, what fools.

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

According to CNN.com, TV Azteca reporter Ines Sainz was surprised that the Jets are being investigated after her visit:

"I was surprised to wake up on Sunday and have a call from the NFL , saying that they wanted to talk to me about what had happened at the Jets; and I asked… what happened?" Sainz told TV Azteca. "And they said well there is a pretty powerful accusation of harassment and then it was at that point I realized the magnitude of what had happened. "

She knew some of the players were joking with her, and in her own words, "I wasn't offended." Nonetheless, the AWSM (Association for Women in Sports Media) and the NFL are right to investigate. At least, we will surely find out whether the allegations are baseless or not. In the end, though, I think all this really stems from some MoFo writing something on a certain blog based on a beat writer's twitter posts without checking any facts first, even though the writer clarified it soon after that incredible blogger posted his blog.

Here's how it went down, for those of you who until now are lucky enough to be unaware of it. On Saturday, Bart Hubbuch posted on twitter that the DBs were having fun overthrowing the football towards Sainz (a la the Corona commercial). MoFo then posted on his blog that the Jets were "acting like frat-boys" etc. (If you don't know who he is, he is that emeffer with the M.F. initials. The mention of his actual name sickens me.) Hubbuch then responded and clarified it that it was all in good fun, and even Ines was laughing about it. The NFL then decided to look into it.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2010/...nded?ref=yahoo

consider the source i guess

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    09-23-2017 @ 12:50 PM
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Status
    Thanks

I don't condone any of it, but I don't think women belong in any men's locker room anywhere much less the NFL. I don't think men reporters are allowed in pro women's locker rooms are they? NFL guys are over grown kids and this shit will happen. If she isn't upset, I don't think the NFL should be either.

26. Thanked indeedido for this KICKASS post:

PETE'S BROTHER (09-13-2010)

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PETE'S BROTHER View Post
    According to CNN.com, TV Azteca reporter Ines Sainz was surprised that the Jets are being investigated after her visit:

"I was surprised to wake up on Sunday and have a call from the NFL , saying that they wanted to talk to me about what had happened at the Jets; and I asked… what happened?" Sainz told TV Azteca. "And they said well there is a pretty powerful accusation of harassment and then it was at that point I realized the magnitude of what had happened. "

She knew some of the players were joking with her, and in her own words, "I wasn't offended." Nonetheless, the AWSM (Association for Women in Sports Media) and the NFL are right to investigate. At least, we will surely find out whether the allegations are baseless or not. In the end, though, I think all this really stems from some MoFo writing something on a certain blog based on a beat writer's twitter posts without checking any facts first, even though the writer clarified it soon after that incredible blogger posted his blog.

Here's how it went down, for those of you who until now are lucky enough to be unaware of it. On Saturday, Bart Hubbuch posted on twitter that the DBs were having fun overthrowing the football towards Sainz (a la the Corona commercial). MoFo then posted on his blog that the Jets were "acting like frat-boys" etc. (If you don't know who he is, he is that emeffer with the M.F. initials. The mention of his actual name sickens me.) Hubbuch then responded and clarified it that it was all in good fun, and even Ines was laughing about it. The NFL then decided to look into it.

http://www.ganggreennation.com/2010/...nded?ref=yahoo

consider the source i guess
    Sounds to me like they're making a mountain out of a molehill...much ado about nothing.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Just to put it into the proper perspective, this is who we're talking about....

29. 2 users say thank you to Va Beach VH Fan for this KICKASS post:

Little Texan (09-13-2010),PETE'S BROTHER (09-13-2010)

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2021 @ 07:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 878 Posts

More perspective, please.

I wonder who paints the jeans on her.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

I'm pretty sure this is the same woman that dressed up as a bride for media day at the Super Bowl a while back. Doesn't that just reek of credibility as a journalist?

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-28-2024 @ 09:22 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,517 Times in 2,422 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Shark View Post
    More perspective, please.

I wonder who paints the jeans on her.

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    Just to put it into the proper perspective, this is who we're talking about....

That puts it in quite a bit more perspective. Any live, red blooded male with an ounce of masculinity would be hitting on that! Look at that ass, DAMN!

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

A reporter that looks like that that walks into a locker room full of grown men is just asking to be sexually harassed, especially if she is dressed like that.

She is in the wrong profession. She should be in porn!
    Last edited by Little Texan; 09-13-2010 at 06:39 PM.

35. Thanked Little Texan for this KICKASS post:

indeedido (09-14-2010)

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-24-2015 @ 06:46 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Texan View Post
    A reporter that looks like that that walks into a locker room full of grown men is just asking to be sexually harassed, especially if she is dressed like that.
    You seriously fucking believe that?

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Girl View Post
    I'm not saying that she DESERVES it, I'm just saying it's natural for a man to get all lathered up when he sees an attractive woman dressed provocatively as she is in the above photo, and if you factor in that she's in a locker room filled with horny grown men with their testosterone pumping, these kinds of things are bound to happen. It's like dangling a big, juicy, ribeye steak around a hungry dog's head.
    Last edited by Little Texan; 09-13-2010 at 07:22 PM.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

As crass and sexist as it sounds, LT is essentially correct. Read some of the headlines concerning NFL players who have brushes with the law. These more often than not take place in so-called gentleman's clubs, where women are pretty much treated as objects. Why would that mentality be any different in a locker room?

a.k.a. Flappo The Grate
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

The second part about she should be in porn could be construed as sexist, however.

Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    10-24-2015 @ 06:46 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Sad as it is, I can see it would be a waste of my time to say anything else, and it's not worth it to me.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-11-2024 @ 01:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

Brethren and Sistren,

Men will be men and women will be women. In high testosterone environments, just dress conservatively if you're a women. Nothing wrong with showing off your sexiness, but context is important. There's no need for tits and ass to hang out like that especially in a locker-room environment. At the same time, no need for guys to have their jung swinging around, etc. Just common sense. Doll up for the camera, fine. But don't go into the locker-room like that. (The porn and raping comments a little much, dontcha' think? - That's my Sarah Palin accent...)

That is all.

Icon©®™

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2021 @ 07:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 878 Posts

Sad as it is, I can see it would be a waste of my time to say anything else, and it's not worth it to me.
    Probably a solid move, NG. I mean, the woman who was allegedly harassed obviously doesn't think it was a big deal, so I'm not sure why anyone else should get bent out of shape over it.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    International Playboy
    Member No
    Last Online
    02-11-2024 @ 01:12 AM
    Status
    Thanks

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Icon©®™

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Status
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by conmee View Post
    GO CHARGERS!!!!

Icon©®™
    As poorly as you and I did in our Pick 'Em league this weekend, let's hope so for both our sakes.

Thread Information