X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

2011 NFL OffSeason

Didn't want to start a new thread just for this little tidbit, and we can throw any other random NFL news into it as well. In any event, ESPN is talking about a trade between Washington and Tennessee for the under-producing and unmotivated Albert Haynesworth...

Albert Haynesworth trade in the works?

We were hearing buzz Monday about the Redskins again revisiting the possibility of trading defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth, who has continued to stir frustration in the organization.

ESPN is reporting that the Redskins and Tennessee Titans, Haynesworth's former team, are in trade talks. This is not surprising based on what team sources told us on Saturday about Haynesworth's performance in the preseason finale. People who reviewed film of the game described Haynesworth's play as "awful," saying he showed little effort and did not follow the principles of the 3-4 defensive scheme.

Haynesworth also angered coaches when he did not attend a halftime meeting to discuss defensive adjustments and review photos of the Arizona Cardinals' blocking schemes. In fairness to Haynesworth, one of his teammates said, the two-time all-pro is especially intense during games and has never attended halftime meetings because he prefers to remain focused on his duties. The teammate added that although Haynesworth did not appear especially sharp on film, his performance, in large part, could be attributed to the fact that Haynesworth is a nine-year veteran who participated in 49 of 55 plays during the fourth, and largely meaningless, preseason game.

On Monday, a league source surmised that the Redskins have resumed trade discussions with at least one team because Haynesworth participated in few plays during practice Sunday and Monday as the team began preparations to face the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday night at FedEx Field. A team source said Haynesworth met with Coach Mike Shanahan in private after practice Monday at Redskins Park.

Shanahan, who has player-personnel control, passed on an opportunity to trade Haynesworth before the draft, a league source said. But Shanahan his reached his limit with the ongoing Haynesworth drama and seems ready to make a move. Owner Daniel Snyder, however, already has paid Haynesworth $32 million for essentially one season of work, and he may want a major say in what happens with Haynesworth.

How likely is it the Haynesworth will be traded? It depends on whether the Titans are willing to offer enough compensation to allay Snyder's concerns about having paid Haynesworth all that money -- which includes a $21-million bonus on April 1 -- and having received so little in return.

Redskins Insider
    Last edited by chefcraig; 09-07-2010, 04:30 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Somone will deal him...for sure...he's too talented...

But what a fucking cancer....
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• SilvioDante
      Head Fluffer
      • Jan 2004

I tell people here in Tennessee that the Titans will never win the Super Bowl and this is an example why. Here is a guy who tanked it in Nashville until the last year of his contract then lit everyone up. Then, he left for more money, and was a complete flop in Washington. Pouts during training camp and this is the kind of player the Titans want.

Idiots...
      "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Oh, lovely...

Parcells abdicates Dolphins to Ireland

By Tim Graham

Davie, Florida - The Miami Dolphins have announced Bill Parcells will have a diminished role with the organization moving forward, with general manager Jeff Ireland taking over football operations.

The Dolphins released a two-sentence statement Tuesday afternoon:

Effective immediately, Jeff Ireland will assume full control over all aspects and decisions in regard to the Miami Dolphin football team and support staff. This was the intent of the structure put in place in the past. Bill Parcells will remain with the club on a daily consultant basis.

Tuesday's development might not impact the Dolphins much. Nobody really was sure how much influence Parcells had before, and there's no reason to think he couldn't have just as much in his new role. It depends on how much he wants his voice to be heard and how much Ireland will want to listen.

Parcells was named executive vice president of football operations in late 2007. He has since rebuilt the Dolphins with his philosophies, helping them rebound from 1-15 to AFC East champions a year later.

Parcells has been the Wizard of Oz, pulling strings from behind a curtain. He was rarely seen or heard from since he joined the Dolphins. He addressed the South Florida media twice, at his introductory news conference and again as a contractual sponsorship obligation to Gatorade.

He didn’t travel to road games, but he was present at workouts, watching from a golf cart when the Dolphins practiced outside or pulling up a chair when they were in their practice bubble.

ESPN

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• redblkwht
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Something is in the works, Parcells will reapear with another team in 2011 watch..lol
          IMO he already wore out his welcome in south beach.

EUAS

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

let's not forget...the guys is 69 years old!
            "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Not sure if this is news to anyone but i heard tom brady and randy moss is in the final year of contract's and has not been made an offer yet,that true?
              I really love you baby, I love what you've got
              Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

By now, some of you guys might be familiar with this. I usually make this announcement between the second week of training camp and the third preseason game, but I was feeling (temporarily) overly optimistic this year.

"Ladies and gentleman, at this time the Miami Dolphins have been mathematically eliminated from the play offs..."

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                  ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

So who you backing chefcraig?,my money is on the Packers
                  I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                  Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

the detriot lions were robbed!
                    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Yes they were but it was the correct call, by the book. The fucking idiot receiver needs to learn to let his body hit and never let the ball make contact with the ground.
                      Originally posted by vandeleur
                      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2007

you are in the endzone, with control of the ball, two feet and an ass on the ground, and it isn't a td? bullshit! the fuckers that fly the last five yards to the pilon, touch it with the ball and then it goes out of their hand or bouncing off the turf when they hit is still a td. i understand the refs "complied" with the rule, but it is not a "legit" call? this should be fixed soon, but it won't help detroit have their first road win since 07.
                        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• kwame k
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Feb 2008

All true, Pete.......and as a fan that can only expect 3 or 4 wins out of my team at best and has our starting QB out for 3 o 6 weeks it would of been nice for a road win every 3 or 4 years!
                          Originally posted by vandeleur
                          E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kwame k
                            All true, Pete.......and as a fan that can only expect 3 or 4 wins out of my team at best and has our starting QB out for 3 o 6 weeks it would of been nice for a road win every 3 or 4 years!
                            as long as you guys sweep the vikings this year, life is good.

Comment

• Little Texan
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              By now, some of you guys might be familiar with this. I usually make this announcement between the second week of training camp and the third preseason game, but I was feeling (temporarily) overly optimistic this year.

"Ladies and gentleman, at this time the Miami Dolphins have been mathematically eliminated from the play offs..."
                              Hey, at least your team won yesterday. Mine can't even beat the fucking Redskins, let alone score a fucking touchdown from the 13 yard line with 12 seconds left in the game!

Comment

Working...