• TAKIN WHISKEY
    Commando
    • Apr 2006

Look out for Demarco Murray!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2007

Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

And here are some factoids about all the symbolism and what-have-you involved in the ring.
        The "G" logo in the middle of the ring includes 13 diamonds, one for each of the Packers championships (four Super Bowls, nine pre-merger NFL Championships).Football-shaped diamonds dot the corner of the top of the rings, representing the four Super Bowl titles.A total of 92 diamonds surround the crest, representing the 92 years that the franchise has existed.On the inside of the ring, the scores of all the Packers playoff wins are included, as well as the logos of the opponents (congratulations, Eagles fans, you're on a Super Bowl ring!).Also on the inside is a "1" alongside the words "Mind, Goal, Purpose and Heart," a sort of mantra that the Packers used on their way to the title.One side features the Lombardi trophy and the player's name and number, with the number encircled as it was on the Packers throwback jerseys this year. On the other side is a rather exquisitely crafted likeness of Lambeau Field.
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Switch84
          Veteran
          • Feb 2004

fubar!
          "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
          Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Back in business, gang...

NFL players unanimously approve CBA

AJ Perez FOX

WASHINGTON - Representatives from the NFL's 32 teams voted unanimously to approve a new collective bargaining agreement after a lengthy conference call Monday afternoon.

The player reps approved the 10-year agreement after the executive committee, which met at the NFL Players Association headquarters, gave its approval. The CBA can’t fully be ratified until the NFLPA recertifies as a union, which will likely take place by Wednesday.

Starting Tuesday, however, teams will be able to sign their rookies and start negotiating with free agents. However, no free agents can be signed until Friday.

“Big smile! Footballs back, footballs back,” Domonique Foxworth, a member of the NFLPA's executive committee, posted on Twitter.

Owners decided in 2008 to opt out of the league's old labor contract, which expired March 11. That's when the owners locked out the players, creating the NFL's first work stoppage since 1987.

NFLPA head DeMaurice Smith stepped outside of the group's headquarters in Washington at about 2 p.m. to announce that players approved the pact.

"I know it has been a very long process since the day we stood here that night in March," Smith said. "But our guys stood together when nobody thought we would. And football is back because of it."

As he spoke, Smith was flanked by NFLPA president Kevin Mawae, Saints quarterback Drew Brees, Colts center Jeff Saturday and Ravens defensive back Domonique Foxworth, key members of the players' negotiating team. Brees is one of 10 plaintiffs in the antitrust lawsuit that players filed against the league.

Moments later, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell walked into the building, joined by owners Bob Kraft of the New England Patriots, John Mara of the New York Giants and Jerry Richardson of the Carolina Panthers.

"I believe it's important that we talk about the future of football as a partnership," Smith said.

Under the proposed schedule, training camps would open for 10 of the 32 teams on Wednesday, 10 more on Thursday, another 10 on Friday, and the last two teams on Sunday.

Both sides set up informational conference calls for Monday afternoon to go over the details of the agreement. The NFLPA told player agents they would be coached in particular on the guidelines and schedule for signing free agents and rookies; the NFL alerted general managers and coaches they would be briefed in separate calls.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• GreenBayLA
              Sniper
              • Jan 2006

I've largely ignored all the rhetoric from both sides waiting for this day. Finally the Packers can begin defending their title as the NFL gets back to business.

Hopefully I can slightly adjust my post when the debt ceiling issue gets resolved, or not...
              "Nothing gets a yak over a suspension bridge faster than 'Back in the Saddle Again' by Aerosmith" ~ DLR

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by GreenBayLA
                I've largely ignored all the rhetoric from both sides waiting for this day. Finally the Packers can begin defending their title as the NFL gets back to business.

Hopefully I can slightly adjust my post when the debt ceiling issue gets resolved, or not...
                I think the Packers first move is to completely release Johnny Jolly and re-sign Cullen Jenkins.
                “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

The Dolphins are looking to upgrade the QB position, so naturally they are talking to Denver about a deal for Kyle Orton. OK, everybody...shoot me.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2009

Orton has trade value? I've heard it all now. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the Fins don't make that mistake on you Chef, I would hang myself if the Lions ended up with that bum.

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by TFM_Dale
                      Orton has trade value? I've heard it all now. I'll keep my fingers crossed that the Fins don't make that mistake on you Chef, I would hang myself if the Lions ended up with that bum.
                      It seems that Denver wants to go all in with Tebow (No, I dunno why either), so they are looking to unload Orton to either Minnesota, Tennessee, Arizona, Seattle, Washington, Cincinnati or Miami. Looks like Detroit is safe for now. Miami picked up some guy from Delaware named Pat Devlin, so it's unclear what in the hell the team's front office is thinking. As usual.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

This little bombshell successfully fucked up ESPN's programming this morning, forcing them to dump the Sports Reporters in order to follow up on this very important story.

Plaxico Burress Signs With Jets

Reuters

NEW YORK - Controversial wide receiver Plaxico Burress signed with the New York Jets, the National Football League team said on Sunday.

Burress, who missed the last two seasons while serving a 20 month prison sentence on gun charges, reached an agreement in principle on a one-year deal worth $3 million, according to local media reports.

The signing comes after the 33-year-old wide receiver had met with former teams the New York Giants and the Pittsburgh Steelers, who selected him the eighth overall pick in the 2000 NFL draft.

In nine seasons, all with the Steelers and Giants, Burress hauled in 505 career regular-season receptions for 7,845 yards and 55 touchdowns, along with the winning touchdown in New York's 2008 Super Bowl win over the New England Patriots.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

anybody else gonna be at the packers/chargers game on nov 6th?

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

6yrs/$100 mil for vick, huh.

Comment

• Fairwrning
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                              6yrs/$100 mil for vick, huh.
                              And endorsements coming back..Lets see how long he stays a "role model"..

Comment

• Little Texan
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                                And endorsements coming back..Lets see how long he stays a "role model"..
                                Once a thug, always a thug I say. He'll do something to fuck it all up, bet on it.

Comment

Working...