X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
    no van halen this year.....http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-270318

The Black Eyed Peas would be the first current musical act to perform at the Super Bowl since 2004. Not coincidentally, that was the year Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake performed their impromptu strip tease in front of 90 million live viewers. Since then the NFL has veered toward somewhat-irrelevant aging white rock bands (The Rolling Stones), mostly-irrelevant aging white rock bands (The Who), completely irrelevant aging white rock bands (Tom Petty and The Heartbreakers) and Prince (Prince).
    I wouldn't mind that weird-looking bitch for the Peas to perform naked...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Little Texan
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
      I wouldn't mind that weird-looking bitch for the Peas to perform naked...
      She is built like a brick shithouse, but she looks sorta like Carrot Top in the face.

And I didn't even have to make a comparison pic as someone else was thinking the same thing as me.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

How Awesome is Clay Matthews looking this season,6 sacks so far.I also take back any reservations i may have had about Aaron Rodgers.What a game he had, 2 TD passes and 1 rushing followed by the Lambeau leap!
        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• indeedido
          Veteran
          • Feb 2004

Did you guys see my Jets tackle the Pats? What do you think about them now? Looks like they took the training wheels off Sanchez. He looked good, like the first four games last year before all the interceptions. I think he has the tools, he just has to figure out some consistency.
          This space for rent.

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

Ummmm....

Brandon Jacobs Throws Helmet Into Stands

INDIANAPOLIS — New York running back Brandon Jacobs apologized for unintentionally throwing his helmet into the stands in the third quarter Sunday night in the Giants' loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

Jacobs, who has lost his starting position to Ahmad Bradshaw, apparently tried to throw his helmet down, but instead, it flew into the stands. Security personnel had to retrieve the helmet from the fans while Jacobs appeared to be explaining to coach Tom Coughlin what happened.

"I was frustrated and went to throw it down on the ground, and it got caught on my finger and went into (the stands)," he said. "I apologize for that. It was frustration on my part."

Jacobs had three carries for 8 yards in the first half and had just one rush for no yards in the third period. It was just one of many things that went wrong for the Giants in the 38-14 loss.

Coughlin said he didn't see the incident.

"From what I understand, he lost his poise and did something he shouldn't have done, and if someone was hurt, then we would all feel bad about that," Coughlin said.

Jacobs played sparingly after the incident, but Coughlin said it was because the Giants were behind and in hurry-up mode. Coughlin also said the 6-foot-4, 264-pound Jacobs spent too much time running laterally.

"We've seen too much of that, that east and west stuff," Coughlin said. "Find someplace to go and get up. Get up north."

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Bob_R
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

According to a local paper today. A "source" claims Jacobs has asked to be traded.
              Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

One of the awful things about starting an NFL thread is that it always ends up turning into a police blotter. Sadly, case in point...

Broncos Kenny McKinley found dead at home

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Denver Broncos wide receiver Kenny McKinley was found dead in his home Monday in an apparent suicide.

Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson said authorities were called to McKinley's home in Centennial at 3:35 p.m. local time and found his body in the second-floor master bedroom. He said detectives believe McKinley, 23, was killed by a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Robinson said authorities were called by a female friend of McKinley's who discovered the body after returning from an errand with his child. The sheriff declined to say if authorities found a suicide note.

The Broncos are once again faced with the prospect of moving on without a fallen teammate, writes ESPN.com's Bill Williamson. Blog

"It's still part of our investigation and probably nothing we'll talk about right now," he said.

McKinley's death is the latest in a series for tragedies for the Broncos in recent years. Cornerback Darrent Williams was slain in a drive-by shooting on New Year's Day 2007 and three months later backup running back Damien Nash collapsed and died after a charity basketball game in St. Louis.

"Everyone with the Broncos is shocked and saddened by the loss of Kenny McKinley," team owner Pat Bowlen said in a statement. "He was part of the Broncos' family and will be greatly missed by our organization. My most heartfelt condolences go out to Kenny's family and friends."

The Broncos said coach Josh McDaniels would meet with the media on Tuesday.

In a statement, McDaniels said: "Kenny had a promising future on the football field, but more importantly, he was a great teammate whose smile and personality could light up the room. This is a tragic loss for our football team, and his family is in all of our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time."

McKinley was a second-year pro who was on the team's injured reserve list. He played in eight games as a rookie in 2009 with seven kick returns for 158 yards before going on injured reserve with a left knee injury on Dec. 29.

He recovered and participated in the team's offseason workouts but got hurt again during the first week of training camp and was placed on IR with a different left knee injury on Aug. 5.

McKinley's agent Andrew Bondarowicz told ESPN.com's Bill Williamson that he spoke with the wideout last week but that there were no obvious signs of despair.

"Kenny was a pretty easy-going guy," Bondarowicz said. "I do know that being on the injured reserve was hard on him and it weighed on him ... but there was nothing to suggest anything like this. It's a shock that caught us by surprise."

McKinley was a fifth-round draft choice out of South Carolina in 2009. He attended South Cobb High School in Austell, Ga.

McKinley remains South Carolina's all-time leading receiver with 207 catches for 2,781 yards. He came back to the school earlier this month, watched the Gamecocks beat Georgia 17-6 and visited with his college coach, Steve Spurrier.

"Had a wonderful smile just like he always did," Spurrier said.

The news of McKinley's death spread quickly at the end of South Carolina's practice Monday. Players who normally sprint off the field upbeat walked slowly with their heads down.

"Kenny was certainly one of my all-time favorite players. It's hard to figure out why it happened like this," Spurrier said.

Several Broncos players were attending a fundraiser Monday night in honor of Williams.

Cornerback Champ Bailey and former NFL star John Lynch headlined the wine-tasting VIP event to benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Metro Denver, home of the Darrent Williams Memorial Teen Center.

Bailey told The Associated Press last week that it was an opportunity for fans and friends to celebrate the life of the player they called D-Will, especially after so much attention was focused on the trial earlier this year in which Willie Clark, 26, was convicted of first-degree murder of Williams after a confrontation at a nightclub. Clark was sentenced in April to life in prison plus 1,152 years.

"It's time to remember the way D-Will lived and not the way he died," Bailey said last week.

The Broncos, who beat Seattle 31-14 on Sunday, hustled out of their Dove Valley practice facilities Monday night, many of them headed to the charity event unaware of the latest tragedy to befall the franchise.

Players leaving the event said they didn't want to comment on McKinley's death.

At McKinley's home in a subdivision in the southern Denver suburbs, a bouquet of flowers wrapped in purple was propped against the door Monday night.

Denver Broncos wide receiver Kenny McKinley was found dead in his apartment Monday in an apparent suicide.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• indeedido
                  Veteran
                  • Feb 2004

That is aweful news.
                  This space for rent.

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Braylon Edwards charged with DUI

New York Jets WR Braylon Edwards was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving Tuesday morning.

Police in New York City told the New York Post that they arrested Edwards around 5:15 a.m. and that he had a blood-alcohol level of 0.16. New York's legal limit it .08.

Edwards was scheduled to be arraigned later Tuesday. He was photographed at a charity event for teammate Jerricho Cotchery's foundation on Monday evening.

He has not made a comment about the arrest.

Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum said the team is "disappointed in Braylon's actions" and noted that Edwards is aware of the team's safe ride program.

"We are reviewing the information with the league and will impose the appropriate disciplinary measures," Tannenbaum said in a statement.

Edwards' arrest comes two days after he caught a TD in the Jets' 28-14 win against the Patriots. Edwards was penalized for taunting after the touchdown.

On Monday, coach Rex Ryan said Edwards' penalty was "selfish" and kept him from earning a game ball after the win.

Edwards pleaded no contest in January to a misdemeanor assault charge stemming from an incident when he was accused of hitting Edward Givens, a friend of NBA star LeBron James, outside a Cleveland nightclub. The NFL opted not to suspend him for that incident under the league's personal-conduct policy.

The Jets already have one receiver, Santonio Holmes, who is serving a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's policy on substance abuse.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

Saints' Bush breaks leg, to miss six weeks

NEW YORK (Reuters) - New Orleans Saints running back Reggie Bush has a broken bone in his right leg and is expected to be sidelined six weeks, a league source told the NFL Network on Tuesday.

Bush was injured while trying to field a punt in the Saints' 25-22 win over the San Francisco 49ers on Monday night.

"I tried to recover it (the muffed punt) and someone took my leg out," Bush told reporters after the game. "I don't know what happened or how it happened, I just got taken out."

He left Candlestick Park on crutches and said he did not know the extent of the injury.

"I just know it hurts," Bush said. "It's just in the middle (of the leg) but we'll see what happens."

The Saints said they would have no comment on the injury on Tuesday.

The injury comes less than a week after Bush forfeited the Heisman Trophy he won in 2005 while competing for the University of Southern California.

The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) penalized the school after reports that Bush, in violation of collegiate rules, accepted money and other benefits from marketing agents.

Bush has denied any wrongdoing, saying he returned the trophy given annually to the best player in college football because he wanted to end the controversy.

LINK

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Fairwrning
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Michael Vick gets starting nod in Philly

ESPN.com news services

PHILADELPHIA -- Eagles coach Andy Reid says Michael Vick will be the team's starting quarterback

Reid made the decision Tuesday, a day after saying Kevin Kolb would start Sunday at Jacksonville. Kolb missed the last six quarters because of a concussion, and Vick played well in his absence.

The decision to go with Vick over Kolb is a permanent move and is not concussion related, a source told ESPN NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

A senior Eagles official told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio that the decision to start Vick is "just a football decision, he is just playing too well."

Vick threw for 175 yards and one touchdown and ran for 103 yards in the 27-20 season-opening loss to the Packers. He had 284 yards passing and two TDs in a 35-32 win at Detroit on Sunday.

Kolb started two games in his first three seasons before he became the team's No. 1 quarterback after Donovan McNabb was traded to Washington. Kolb struggled in the first half against Green Bay.

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                          Michael Vick gets starting nod in Philly
                          And with predictable class, a Philly tabloid spreads the news...

Read story HERE

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• indeedido
                            Veteran
                            • Feb 2004

It was a matter of time. Vick is too talented on the field to sit on the bench.
                            This space for rent.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2007

HAIR.jpg

i hope he doesn't do that in the locker room.
                              Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Holy crap...remember that joke how NFL really stands for Not For Long? The Bills QB Trent Edwards went from being the starter to the back up and then fired, all in the same week!

Bills release QB Trent Edwards

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — Chan Gailey needed to see Ryan Fitzpatrick put some life into Buffalo’s anemic offense just once before deciding Trent Edwards was expendable.

"After the way that Fitz played yesterday, I feel very confident about the direction we’re going," Buffalo’s first-year coach said Monday, a day after the Bills (0-3) were beaten 38-30 by the New England Patriots [team stats]. "Trent did the best he could, and he’s a great young man and I wish him the best."

The Bills waived Edwards in a surprising move Monday, a few weeks after Gailey said he saw "light at the end of the tunnel" with Edwards as his starter.

With Fitzpatrick the starter, Brian Brohm moves into the backup role.

Although the Bills lost Sunday, Fitzpatrick picked up the offense with 247 yards passing and 374 total yards - producing more offense in one game than Edwards managed in his two starts to open the season.

Edwards was in his fourth season after being selected by the team in the third round of the 2007 draft and eventually replaced J.P. Losman midway through his rookie season. He went 14-18 as a starter.

Edwards was benched the day after going 11 of 18 for 102 yards and two interceptions in a 34-7 loss at Green Bay on Sept. 19. He showed little improvement a week after going 18 of 34 for 139 yards and a touchdown in a 15-10 loss to Miami.

It marked the second time he lost the starting job to Fitzpatrick in consecutive seasons.

Gailey wouldn’t place all the credit for the offensive improvement on the quarterback change, but noted the unit was more effective under Fitzpatrick.

"It wasn’t just one thing, but I think that Fitz did go in and play fairly well," Gailey said even though Fitzpatrick threw two interceptions.

Players were caught by surprise, many learning of Edwards’ release as it was broadcast in the locker room on a TV sportscast before team meetings.

"He was our starting quarterback two weeks ago, and something like this happens, it’s got to be a shock to everybody," receiver Roscoe Parrish said. "We have to move on. We can’t dwell on that."

Fitzpatrick was informed of the decision by Gailey, but that didn’t make it any less surprising.

"I think it caught everybody off-guard. Trent’s a well-respected and well-liked guy in the locker room," Fitzpatrick said. "Personally for me, this one’s tough because we spent so much time together. He’ll rebound and move on from this. And we’ve got to move forward."

Edwards was spotted briefly outside the locker room shaking hands with several players. Edwards then went into the nearby equipment room and did not comment on his release.

Edwards’ release marks a sudden reversal for a player who earned Gailey’s confidence by beating out Fitzpatrick and Brohm in an offseason competition. Edwards failed to build on that trust by reverting to his familiar hesitant form which, a year ago, led Bills fans to label him as "Trent-ative" and "Captain Checkdown."

Gailey acknowledged he is open to second-guessing after how quickly Edwards went from starter to being cut.

"I can see where people would look at that and wonder what’s going on," he said. "I felt that as we looked and evaluated everything that we had seen up to this point that this was the direction for the future of our football team."

The Bills plays the New York Jets [team stats] (2-1) on Sunday.

BOSTON HERALD

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...