A New Album full of songs like "Could This Be Magic?", "Goin Places", and "Black Sand

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Matt White
    • Jun 2004

I want the CLASSIC VH sound....minus the bass player of course

EVH needs to step up and play his ass off...and DAVE needs to be in charge...

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by joe d'amato
      ... what does van halen 3 have to do with a vh album with dave on vox? don't blame dave for that one. or eddie for that matter. wasn't mike post at the producer's helm on that one?
      Post was a producer in name only, and other than playing a brief piano part on the opening track, had no contribution to the recording of the album. Edward Van Halen was responsible for the mess that was VH III.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• DaveTheScott
        Head Fluffer
        • Jul 2007

Maybe we'll find out that they all had a Come to Jesus Meeting, they cover Amazing Grace with bagpipes on the new album and go on tour with Stryper. That would be different.

Comment

• SunisinuS
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • May 2010

I just hope that Me Wise Magic has not departed the fold. Thanks to the one kid that has not done that drug.... Wolfie: Thanks. Keep your Dad and Dave making music.
          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• ace diamond
            Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by steve
            if Van Halen were going to take a more mellow, "mature" approach to their next album I've always thought a direction towards songs like these would make sense. Less vocally intense, yet still having fun, loose rhythms. Softer, yet not dour. Music that allows Dave to be reflective vocally, but not melodramatic (doesn't fit his style). Thoughts?

Perhaps a few more heavy guitar "big rock" songs could be mixed in, but it's more difficult to find words that reflect who you are at 55 years old with music like Romeo Delight (not that they shouldn't ALWAYS play this in concert, but musically and lyrically it is who they were at 22. Fun to visit, but might not fit on a new album).

Or, should they just rock the f*ck out and am I bein' lame?
            the new album should kicks some serious ass big time!!
            you're being
            Originally posted by hideyoursheep
            When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
            "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• GAR
              Banned
              • Jan 2004

To those of you who can be so straightforward in your VH appreciation as to pay 80 bucks to go sit in the nosebleeds just so you can singalong with Dave to VH karaoke of suck hits as "Jump" and watch Ed's kid bob around in Mike's place I want to say I'm glad you have found your nirvana.

Let me remind you what this site used to be about: it was initially about David Lee Roth Van Halen.

Then when the original two-dozen people ran out of stuff to talk about regarding the first six albums, we discussed the few good things about his solo career.. once that go thin, we started talking about anything else under the sun.

We have lost our focus: being a DLR board segregated us to be advocates of the first 6 albums and the people who made it, not necessarily about DLR selectively, but about the DLR - era. We chose to do this because of one shitty VH board's acceptance of Sammy Hagar-era and it's inclusion in topics, and the criticisms we got for holding onto what was that first 6. We were not about any other era, or any other recordings, hoping for a seventh.

Now this No. 7 comes up, and everyone's talk is positive, even though Mike is not in it. I think that's hogwash, I think that couldn't possibly work and I've about had it.

I would appreciate seeing some unity for those 4 people in the band because I guarantee if there was enough criticism, Wolfgang wouldn't be tolerated and there would be no Chickenfoot carving a 3/4 majority of this band calling itself presently "Van Halen."

This "Van Halen" is unacceptable. If you want to go out and enjoy 3/4 of VH be my guest but dont' expect to see me sharing any enthusiams for your "VH" experience, TRAITOR.
              Last edited by GAR; 11-16-2010, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Working...