X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
    I've also heard of people doing sub-mixes on their drum kits on say an 8-track outboard mixer
    I used a Vocalmaster pa head for 3 mics before like that, two condensers over head and one sm57 below the snare, which also got the hats and bass just fine.

Coulda probably done it in 2 mics if we didn't have 3 floor toms.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

Originally posted by GARfail
      I got four 4x12's in the hallway I could open the patio doors and blast if I wanted to,
      No you don't...

I need something direct, with no mics.
      It'll sound like ass without Recabinetâ„¢. FACT!

That's what I'm looking for right now - headphones recording input device.
      WTF, you haven't touched a guitar in 10 years, you own fuck all gear, you don't have a band or musicians to play with and now you're jumping in on the recording discussion?
      You couldn't write a tune to save your fuckin life.
      Why do I say this? Because you haven't proved a fuckin thing you've said on these boards, Douchebag...

I used a Vocalmaster pa head for 3 mics before like that, two condensers over head and one sm57 below the snare, which also got the hats and bass just fine.
      Moron. If you expect 1 mic. to catch a kick and hi-hats from under a snare, if you had half a brain, you'd know a 58 would be better suited for this task based on it's dynamic range...

3 floors?

WTF, were you recording Terry Bozzio?
      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I'm just thinking it's a pity sometimes about all the shit that goes on at this site sometimes.

For example I've just been watching a video someone took where I got up a few months ago at a birthday party and did a little jam thing and the three of us post 6 strong beers each put it all through the PA with me just using a Pod Plus thing doing wah and harmony stuff, drummer using an electrical kit and bass DI'd.

At a sensible site we could all laugh at the mistakes and sound an maybe say there were redeeming factors but it would be dumb for me to post it here because of all the shit I would get if not now maybe a year down the line...

Comment

• GAR
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

I hope you don't think youre not held in my highest regard Sesh.

That dissing wouldn't be coming from me, I'll let you know that right now no matter how bad it may be!

Comment

• Oolith
            Full On Cocktard
            • Oct 2010

you are on borrowed time
            #ccc

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Not disagreeing with you entirely...BUT

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              I'm just thinking it's a pity sometimes about all the shit that goes on at this site sometimes.

For example I've just been watching a video someone took where I got up a few months ago at a birthday party and did a little jam thing and the three of us post 6 strong beers each put it all through the PA with me just using a Pod Plus thing doing wah and harmony stuff, drummer using an electrical kit and bass DI'd.

At a sensible site we could all laugh at the mistakes and sound an maybe say there were redeeming factors but it would be dumb for me to post it here because of all the shit I would get if not now maybe a year down the line...
              Hey, I've posted drunken cover band videos here...who cares if someone who can't/doesn't flames on you (unless you suck out loud sober like DisgrACE) ? We were drunk, as was the majority of the audience, so they didn't care...and we got paid!
              Really, the key is pointing out your mistakes in advance, too...lol
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                I hope you don't think youre not held in my highest regard Sesh
                You're not held in anyones highest regards.

Everyone seems to be quick to the whip as far as far as your Google bullshit goes.....

You, as a person, are in the middle of a slow and inevitable death, and it's about fucking time!

Whirl down the bowl with the rest of the fucking turds, false-informing douche-bag!!

C-ya in hell!!!

Comment

• jhale667
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Not buying the 100k club bit 'til you post something that ISN'T plywood...

Originally posted by GAR
                  Remember, I'm in the 100K club with one of the earliest customer numbers in there.. if I have to march upstairs Dave puts the phone down and goes

"How the fuck did you get up here? Who let you in?"

The trouble I have in the temporary counter-help is having to re-educate them every time I go in to check gear out: cuz the last guy I bought something is usually gone.

It's not heartbreaking at all to see them go either.. I know it's a shitty gig and they do too. What I hate though is developing some kind of rapport with someone and then seeing them have to bail because of a low time of year. There are such things as slow times of the year! But they get fired for it and that pisses me off, cuz then the dude I had something goin' is vanished and I now have some creepy, skater-punker-skeptic dude who thinks like I thought at 19 years of age that everyone older than me sucked and I knew better..

/GC rant
                  Well, perhaps if their entire concept wasn't based on a 90-day turnaround for counter-dudes you might be able to sustain a rapport there with one of the increasingly rare cool ones...(fortunately I know a few lifers too...) but this isn't a slam GC thread.

I need something direct, with no mics. That's what I'm looking for right now - headphones recording input device.
                  Then disdain for me aside, you should probably consider an Mbox/Pro Tools set-up, or Cubase with whatever input device...hell, you could just get a UX2 and PODfarm and use that for guitar tracks in that scenario...

You can print with the amp models, which I tend to do, OR you can use PODfarm like a plug-in and re-amp your direct track as many times as you want...and yeah, you should consider Recabinet.
                  If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• GAR
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                    You're not held in anyones highest regards.
                    I think Sesh is holding out not because of what you Sheep Pen losers will think of him, but what Flappo will do to it @Rogan's~!!

Comment

• GAR
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Oolith
                      you are on borrowed time
                      are you on burrowed coch, or paint fumes?

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Perhaps you should go Google "uni" and "omni" directional?

Originally posted by GAR

Yeah...a 57 in that application would maybe capture a paper-thin section of the kick drum...not what that mic is designed for....

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2004

Exactly. I don't think the moron is capable of the "uni" or "omni" concept.

Hey GARfail, throw up a soundbite of those drums soloed ...
                          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

riiight...

Yeah, that'll happen.

I think if I didn't already have PODfarm (which I'm considering further upgrading, have the amassed an almost-fully cracked out mod stable, but not FULL compliment w/ the extra bass amps mod and whatnot) I'd probably just throw a POD HD on the floor...
                            b

...and the more I see of them the more I want to get some Graph-Tech Ghost Floyd saddles (now that they've assured me their newest versions don't break) and slapping the Variax guts in something for recording...again would just be invaluable for quickly getting closer to the ballpark of the wacky sounds you hear in your head than zillions of dollars in gear you'd rarely use otherwise, just for getting the idea down.
                            I reeeeeally like the idea of being able to save and then print with the exact same MM-4 and DL-4 presets I'd be using on my real pedal board with my real amp. Amp-wise, modeling will likely never fully replace the real thing, but it's still (getting) pretty cool - and fast...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

But seriously, people...

Back to the OP's point...yo, BBB any closer to deciding what system would best suit your needs? Been doing any research?

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by GAR
                                I think Sesh is holding out not because of what you Sheep Pen losers will think of him, but what Flappo will do to it @Rogan's~!!
                                Peace broke out a while ago and to be honest I never go over there any more.

Comment

Working...