• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by VanHalenFan5150
    and I think Uniondale, New York...
    Otherwise known as Nassau Coliseum, Long Island....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
      Sniper
      • Oct 2009

Precisely. The world's biggest parking lot...
      Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Dec 2003

Oh, it's still there and regularly used... Van Halen has played there more than most any other arena.... The Islanders have been trying to get a new arena built for years now....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
          Sniper
          • Oct 2009

No, I meant that Long Island is undoubtedly the world's biggest parking lot. Just try driving on the L-I-E
          Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• ace diamond
            Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

1984 videos in my stash:
            montreal(complete)
            castle donninton(complete)
            las vegas(incomplete)
            all are audience, montreal is really killer audience video, las vegas is kinda muddy sound, and donnington has ok sound, but the video is crap.
            Originally posted by hideyoursheep
            When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
            "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ace diamond
              1984 videos in my stash:
              montreal(complete)
              castle donninton(complete)
              las vegas(incomplete)
              all are audience, montreal is really killer audience video, las vegas is kinda muddy sound, and donnington has ok sound, but the video is crap.

It's a fucking crime. There has to be a pro-shot, high quality film of this tour just gathering dust in Eddies damn vault. It's not fucking fair!

Michael has said he has a lot of stuff, but would be sued to high heaven if he ever let it out. The brothers would know instantly where it came from.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ace diamond
                Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                It's a fucking crime. There has to be a pro-shot, high quality film of this tour just gathering dust in Eddies damn vault. It's not fucking fair!

Michael has said he has a lot of stuff, but would be sued to high heaven if he ever let it out. The brothers would know instantly where it came from.
                van halen former manager back then, i forget his name but he is dead now, neil something or other, as well as a van halen anthology
                book, the 1984 largo concerts, both nights, were pro-shot but the in-house video system.....as most concerts in the capital centre were.
                however, at present, the only pro-shot 1984 footage to ever surface, is "hot for teacher" from donnington from bbc's "the old grey whistle test", and mtv's "lost weekend" segment with contest winner.

the largo 1980 and 1984 footage is confirmed to exist, alongside oakland 1981, but other than the 1981 clips on mtv,
                none of any of this stuff has ever turned up.

all i know is, somebody somewhere has this stuff and they're sitting on it.
                Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Apr 2005

The rumor is Pete Angelus has pro shot show's from every tour. The Montreal show is pretty good. The camera only move's around a little on one song in the beggining of the show I think.

Comment

• rocking ron
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Sep 2010

Montreal '84 is the best one from that era, I've also Las Vegas '84 but that one is incomplete. I know they've taped
                    Donington '84 completely but the quality is very very bad.l

Comment

• DFVH5150
                      Groupie
                      • Apr 2004

I don't know about an '84 Toronto show unless it just sprung up in the bootleg market very recently--you sure about that? And the Uniondale is '82, not '84.
                      Dave
                      VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                        Sniper
                        • Oct 2009

Pete Angelus... Man, if I was to mistakenly shoot him in the head and accidentally pilfer his video collection...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Little Texan
                          I have Montreal, but it is on VHS. Same with the US Festival.
                          I have Montreal on fucking Beta.....

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ace diamond
                            the 1984 largo concerts, both nights, were pro-shot but the in-house video system.....as most concerts in the capital centre were.
                            Those were '82, not '84....

Comment

• Jagermeister
                              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

They all suck IMO. No good footage from 84 in circulation.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                                They all suck IMO. No good footage from 84 in circulation.
                                Montreal is not too bad, better than nothing.... The audio is OK for an audience recording....

Comment

Working...