Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Michael Anthony recording with Van Halen? Has anybody heard this?

5 TIME CHAMPS!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Question Is Michael Anthony recording with Van Halen? Has anybody heard this?

Is Michael Anthony recording with Van Halen? Has anybody heard this?

I was listening to our local classic rock station, 104.5 KZEP, and the DJ said Michael Anthony will not be attending Sammy’s birthday bash in Cabo because he was in the studio with Van Halen recording a new album.

I shitted my pants! So I called him and he said they really were in the studio recording a new album. I know by posting here that they ARE recoding a new album, but I didn’t know it was with my man, Mike.

I hope the hell this is true!!

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Ya know, anything is possible in VHland.

Azoff seems to be able to pull things off. First he brought the sisters and Dave to the table. Next, he put them on a sellout North American tour.
    Now he's probably told them, "Look, I know Wolf is your kid and he did the job but the only way to cement VH's validity is to have the original line up . It's the only way to get any mileage out of this band if you expect credibility and longevity"

If this rumour is true, they will absolutely blow the fuckin foof off every venue they play. I think Azoff agreeing to have Wolf in the lineup was purely to pacify Ed long enough to actually tour and see that the only Van Halen wants is with Dave.
    The only way to top that is to have the original four!
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    DJ's often think they know everything that's going on in the music world, and given their job, they really should. But sadly, they often don't. I'll bet this guy doesn't even know that Mikey was ever OUT of the band, and therefore would logically assume he was in the studio now with Van Halen.

Not that it wouldn't be great news if he was, but let's face it, if that were the case it would have been all over the news by now, and it wouldn't be a DJ in Texas breaking the story. And besides, Eddie would probably be recording the parts in the studio either way.

It is curious that he won't be at Sammy's annual Cheddarfest though. Maybe Sobolewski's wife thought he was spending a little too much time with the Spamster?
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Jim "Worst DJ" Ladd kicked me off one of his Siunday call in shows, for calling his butt-buddy Sammy Hagar's show a "queer-fest of fat wasteoids.." once and I didn't get to record it..

5 TIME CHAMPS!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    DJ's often think they know everything that's going on in the music world, and given their job, they really should. But sadly, they often don't. I'll bet this guy doesn't even know that Mikey was ever OUT of the band, and therefore would logically assume he was in the studio now with Van Halen.

Not that it wouldn't be great news if he was, but let's face it, if that were the case it would have been all over the news by now, and it wouldn't be a DJ in Texas breaking the story. And besides, Eddie would probably be recording the parts in the studio either way.

It is curious that he won't be at Sammy's annual Cheddarfest though. Maybe Sobolewski's wife thought he was spending a little too much time with the Spamster?
    I guess the reason I bought this is because I looked up Sammy’s birthday and it is coming up and I know by posting here he hangs in Cabo. Plus VH is recording a new album. So when I heard this I got excited! Lol I guess if no one here heard about this then it probably isn’t true. Damn!!

5 TIME CHAMPS!
    Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondjimi View Post
    If this rumour is true, they will absolutely blow the fuckin roof off every venue they play.
    Noooo shit!!

Sheep Pen Kiwi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    That Would Be Sick As.
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GO-SPURS-GO View Post
    I guess the reason I bought this is because I looked up Sammy’s birthday and it is coming up and I know by posting here he hangs in Cabo. Plus VH is recording a new album. So when I heard this I got excited! Lol I guess if no one here heard about this then it probably isn’t true. Damn!!

Well, don't go as far to say it is not true.

Fuck, in Van Halen land anything & everything can or can't happen. You just never fucking know.

Maybe Wolf wants to go out with his own band. Kid is old enough now to not want to hang with dad as much.

And the 07/08 tour proved that they could sell out with Dave, the Ed & Dave could get along, and proved to the VH brothers that Dave could still sing over a long tour.

I really doubt Mike is back...but I would not put it past them to surprise us fans. Maybe they are thinking they need that extra piece in there to do another sell-out tour.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sadaist View Post
    Maybe they are thinking they need that extra piece in there to do another sell-out tour.
    Exactly!

Quite possibly the only way they could pull it off...

Ron
    Head Fluffer

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Would be great: Mike back in the band so we can looking forwards to the 'real'Almighty Van Halen, but I don't believe it too much because Chickenfoot is also working on their 2nd album!!!

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe one of Hagar's sissy kids can fill in!

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Maybe this is why it has taken so FUCKING long to get any confirmation of ANY Van Halen project?

I would think that any negotiations with Mike would be lengthy and extremely delicate, considering all of the shit that has gone down between them.

But I'm not holding out a lot of hope. DJ's are mostly morons and sexually depraved gargoyles who have the job so they can troll the request lines for teenage girls.
    Originally posted by perilouspete
    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Atomic Punk of Los Santos
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Perhaps they've given Wolfie a new assignment better suited to his skills.

Overseeing the caterers, perhaps?

The Menace Is Loose Again
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by fryingdutchman View Post

I would think that any negotiations with Mike would be lengthy and extremely delicate, considering all of the shit that has gone down between them.

I always liked what Dave said about "negotiations". Just put all the money on the table & split it up 4 ways with a sword...like pirates. But you know if Mike does come back for an album/tour, he won't be getting near 25%....let alone any future royalties from sales of a new album. Eddie has admitted he cringes when he thinks of all the things Mike has been able to purchase with Van Halen money.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Funny he has this posted on his web news blog.

http://madanthonycafe.com/morenews.html

20th ANNUAL CABO BIRTHDAY BASH!
    POSTED: 9.27.2010

It's that time of year again....time to get on down to Cabo for Sammy Hagar's annual Birthday Bash and party it up!
    This year is extra special as it's the 20th Annivesary of the Red Rocker's annual party and promises to be the biggest one ever!

Mad Anthony will be there to help celebrate the festivities and jam with the Wabos and other special guests on October 9, 11 and 13th! Don't miss it!

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Puts the ass in Class
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Status
    Remember, you can't be in two bands.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by indeedido View Post
    Remember, you can't be in two bands.
    And you can't be in two places at the same time.

Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    According to Eddie Trunk's site, MA recorded a new That Metal Show this week for next season and said he is recording new stuff with Chickenfoot.
    Here is the blog:

10/4/10: Two more new TMS episodes done! Today we resumed shooting here in LA. The first show done today featured Jeff & Frank from Tesla and Chuck Billy of Testament. This was one of my favorite shows so far. I love the Tesla guys and have known Chuck for decades as well. Great show and great stories. Second show today was with the legendary Michael Anthony! Wanted Mike on the show for a long time because he is another rocker that has a great sense of humour and is a total regular guy. No rock star BS and knows what it is to have fun and still be a fan with an opinion. He was great and also told me he is a regular listener of my satellite show, which was so cool to hear. Hope to have him on the radio soon as well. They are working on new Chickenfoot and he said he would never say never on a true VH reunion. Kip Winger and host Carrie Keagan were also in this show to promote R&R Fantasy Camp, a new show coming to VH1 Classic. Kip was great and said some pretty honest things about VH without Anthony. Can't wait for you to see these shows! Guest guitarist in both shows was Tracii Guns who also was great and fun to have on. Tons of photos to come soon when I'm back Thursday. Also Jim and I were on the TV show TMZ tonight! I didn't see it but they caught us coming out of the Cat Club last night where we saw two cool bands; The Binges and Hillbilly Herald. Who the hell thought I would make TMZ wearing a UFO shirt no less! Tomorrow is our last shoot date here. Shows will include Slash, Philip Anselmo, Bruce Kulick, Myles Kennedy and George Lynch on guitar. Hitting a fantasy camp party tomorrow night followed by Slash at HOB so this will be my last update until I return to NJ on Thursday. The LA crowds have been great and the buzz for the new season is awesome. Follow on Twitter for more and much more news to come soon.
    RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
    LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Use my hand, I won't look
    ____Van Fuckin' Halen____
    ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Interesting indeed, but I have to believe it's just some DJ talking shit...

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I don't buy it. Instead of turning to his son and saying "Play this", Ed is gonna call up Mike Anthony, drag him to the studio and cope with a bunch of baggage in order to tell him to "Play this"? More than likely, EVH will display his utter ineptitude and general lack of understanding for the instrument by playing the bass parts himself.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

ever wonder why u wonder
    Foot Soldier
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I would not put anything past the brothers. Sounds very interesting.
    imo i just dont see it. but would love to be a roach on the wall in Howdy dudy mountain

mike

Gimme head till I'm dead
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    I don't buy it. Instead of turning to his son and saying "Play this", Ed is gonna call up Mike Anthony, drag him to the studio and cope with a bunch of baggage in order to tell him to "Play this"? More than likely, EVH will display his utter ineptitude and general lack of understanding for the instrument by playing the bass parts himself.
    Yea, but I'd give more to the thought they wanted his vocals than needing his playing on an album...

Anybody give the thought that the kid just might have told ed to stick it because he didn't want to tour again with his father and two other old fucksticks? Like maybe he's rather hang out with kids his own age where the girls aren't 45+??

Anyways, if you haven't learned anything by the last twenty or so DJ rumors here, you can jump on this bandwagon....
    Chainsaw Muthuafucka

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by GAR View Post
    Jim "Worst DJ" Ladd kicked me off one of his Siunday call in shows, for calling his butt-buddy Sammy Hagar's show a "queer-fest of fat wasteoids.." once and I didn't get to record it..
    One time I banged 8 super models for a solid week... it was on a deserted island, so there's no record of it. Take my word for it. It really happened.

ROCKSTAR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    How long do you figure till this 'rumor' leaks from here and makes the rounds on the interwebs? 2-3 days?

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Funny he has this posted on his web news blog.

http://madanthonycafe.com/morenews.html

20th ANNUAL CABO BIRTHDAY BASH!
    POSTED: 9.27.2010

It's that time of year again....time to get on down to Cabo for Sammy Hagar's annual Birthday Bash and party it up!
    This year is extra special as it's the 20th Annivesary of the Red Rocker's annual party and promises to be the biggest one ever!

Mad Anthony will be there to help celebrate the festivities and jam with the Wabos and other special guests on October 9, 11 and 13th! Don't miss it!
    I guess these clowns don't read...

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ELVIS View Post
    I guess these clowns don't read...
    I know. I even put it in sign language for um. WTF?

I guess the answer to "Has anyone heard this"? is no. Not even MA.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I think they read the first five words of the first post and they can't help but add their clever BS!

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Hunh. And to think I was almost excited about something Van Halen did. Would have been the first time I'd been excited about ANYTHING happening in that band for the last 14 years.
    Twistin' by the pool.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Me too...

Van Wolf won't get my money next time around...

Roadie
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I saw a commercial on VH1 Classics for the Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp show and who is one of rockers helping ot with the show but MIchael Anthony. He is probably gonna help some guy try to play the bass line in Unchained and then coach the band on how to dress/act on stage. Hopefully he will break out the JD bass!

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by what waz zat View Post
    I saw a commercial on VH1 Classics for the Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp show and who is one of rockers helping ot with the show but MIchael Anthony. He is probably gonna help some guy try to play the bass line in Unchained and then coach the band on how to dress/act on stage. Hopefully he will break out the JD bass!
    It certainly beats standing in the men's room and offering guys a towel or a spritz of cologne, which is the real reason Hagar met and then wound up joining VH.

ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    Old Fuckin' School
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Such is life on the Internet tubes....

Shit, we could start the rumor right here and it'd be all around the 'Net within a couple of days.....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Sniper
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Beach VH Fan View Post
    Such is life on the Internet tubes....

Shit, we could start the rumor right here and it'd be all around the 'Net within a couple of days.....
    http://www.vhlinks.com/vbforums/mike...vh-t50974.html
    :
    http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

roth beer pest
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    and their thread is three pages long already
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

it's getting hot in here
    Veteran
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I always liked what Dave said about "negotiations". Just put all the money on the table & split it up 4 ways with a sword...like pirates.
    hilarious. Dave needs to be let loose on the media if they ever pull this album / tour off. That spirit is what just adds the extra finishing touch to it all.

Banned
    REPENT AND SINS NO MO!

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    We'll be lucky to get the sisters on Jimmy Fallon...

Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Is Jimmy Fallon still on the air? Would have thought the network would have showed him some mercy and pulled that dreadful thing by now...I watched two episodes and that thing was nothing but fail, start to finish...he looked like a deer in the spotlight the whole time...

formerly F A T
    King Of Smut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Fallon is firmly attached to Lorne Michaels' nutsack, and everyone knows Michaels is the late night god at NBC. Fallon's gonna have to die to lose that gig.

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Eddie has admitted he cringes when he thinks of all the things Mike has been able to purchase with Van Halen money.
    Any Dutch person I've ever known is tight with a penny. No offense to any Dutch folk here, but I'm jus saying.

Thread Information