X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ALMOSTsaved
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

Edward Van Halen - The Wild Life - Closing Credits

Okay so we all know that Ed did the soundtrack for the movie "The Wild Life" and only one song, "Donut City" made it on to the actual album. Well the movie was on Cinemax this morning and I DVR'd it and snagged the closing credits tune. Obviously it's full of keyboards and shit, but it's still a cool novelty. I uploaded to YouTube...Check it out:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HCoedOFRp80?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HCoedOFRp80?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    I like to pay close attention to the things I'll forget later...
  • Little Texan
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Sounds like something that would have fit in perfectly on 5150.

I like the opening theme better...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sb83malf9_k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sb83malf9_k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showt...o-rare-VH-song...

Strange how different it sounds here:

Last edited by chefcraig; 10-10-2010, 05:00 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
        Veteran
        • Feb 2004

Ahhh yes. I knew that "Donut City" was readily available in threads as well as that recent one "Ripley." Didn't know how to search the one that I posted. Regardless, mine's better quality.

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Oberheim...
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Little Texan
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Funny coincidence that VHND posted that so called "Ripley" track a week after I posted the same song to YouTube.

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
              Funny coincidence that VHND posted that so called "Ripley" track a week after I posted the same song to YouTube.
              Better still, someone from the LINKS posted it there roughly two hours after you posted it here. Naturally, in neither case were you given credit for doing so.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                Veteran
                • Feb 2004

Yeah. Not a fan of when someone else takes credit for a video that isn't theirs. My "Jump" Greensboro video has been stolen / reposted more times than I care to mention. Can't figure out how those assholes do that.

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
                  Yeah. Not a fan of when someone else takes credit for a video that isn't theirs. My "Jump" Greensboro video has been stolen / reposted more times than I care to mention. Can't figure out how those assholes do that.
                  Friend, you have not seen the worst of it. There is a particular knucklehead at this site that takes live Youtube clips, burns them to CD and actually attempts to pass off the work as his own, as if the stuff was in the public domain somehow. The nitwit doesn't even attempt to get rid of the YT logo through editing, either.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2004

Seriously? How do they snag the video from the YouTube anyway? I've actually tried to post links to my original videos that I filmed / posted that were stolen and on someone else's page but they delete my comments / links immediately.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2004

I love Donut City. These other tunes, not so much.
                      “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

I also uploaded my copy of "Donut City" today as well. It's from my vinyl copy of the soundtrack. Sounds really good.

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ALMOSTsaved
                          Seriously? How do they snag the video from the YouTube anyway? I've actually tried to post links to my original videos that I filmed / posted that were stolen and on someone else's page but they delete my comments / links immediately.
                          Believe it or not, there is free downloadable software that allows you to rip not only mp3s of the video clips, but the video clips themselves. Do a simple Google search, I guarantee you'll be astounded by the number of options available.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Anonymous
                            Banned
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                            Friend, you have not seen the worst of it. There is a particular knucklehead at this site that takes live Youtube clips, burns them to CD and actually attempts to pass off the work as his own, as if the stuff was in the public domain somehow. The nitwit doesn't even attempt to get rid of the YT logo through editing, either.
                            Asshole Liemond? Nobody else can be that stupid. Or maybe I'm underestimating people again.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• ALMOSTsaved
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

I'll do that. I just don't get what someone would get out of posting someone else's videos. One dildo who took my "Jump" Greensboro video actually has over a hundred thousand hits on it. Mine is closing in on a million...Guess his taking my video upped the hits on his page and his other videos, that I'm sure he didn't film either.

Comment

Working...