X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unchainme
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2005

Agreed with the overall take on Metallica

I recall a story they told bragging about calling out Motley Crue in LA, and them running away like pussies following Vince and Nikki Sixx and co about to wail on their asses.

Motley Crue, I believe is miles better than Metallica.

Alice In Chains, Soundgarden and STP are better than Nirvana and

Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony, Jay-Z and Eminem, have made better records since 1995 than anything rock and roll has released.

U2's best album and era was "Achtung Baby".

Rolling Stone is a shit magazine, that does a diservice to rock and roll by not focusing on music and having an overall sort of hipster tone to it all.

Sully from Godsmack or Wes from Puddle of Mudd would have been great as lead singers for Alice in Chains right now,
    Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Mr Badguy
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

"Sonic Boom" is one of the best Ki$$ albums EVER.

Jimmy Page has done jack shit since 1979.

I don't want a new Sabbath album featuring Ozzy Osbourne.
      sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

I don't really care for Dark Side Of The Moon. Blasphemous right? Fuck it. Just don't like it. I love The Wall though.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• lesfunk
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Vernon Reid is a shitty, tasteless guitarist. Wait.. that's the truth...
          http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            Morally though at least Metallica didn't build their entire career on the deaths of starving children in Africa so overall it's about even.
            To be fair, I don't think U2 actually built their career off starving children to death in Africa. In fact, they took quite a bit of flak for it after being indicted by the Hague Court for war crimes...

Comment

• Von Halen
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mr Badguy
              "Sonic Boom" is one of the best Ki$$ albums EVER.
              Did you call in to the Eddie Trunk show on Sirius last week? lol.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                Every so-called guitar hero not named Jeff Beck working in the rock field (of any era) can be handed his lunch, his hat and ultimately his ass by just about any average country picker leaning against a bar stool.

The best hard rock guitar solo ever recorded was played by an unknown named Tony Peluso and included on a Carpenters single ("Goodbye To Love") sometime in 1972.
                Excellent solo. Perfect.
                Tony died this past June.
                R.I.P.

Any garage band can for one evening be the world's greatest rock and roll band.
                The Stones have proven that theory.

Metallica are posers and have no more validity as artists than the Jonas Brothers.
                Metallica died with Cliff Burton , imo...

Milli Vanilli, the Spice Girls and Right Said Fred have created more memorable tunes than Genesis since Peter Gabriel left.
                All the "artists" you named suck moose coch!

After Freddie Mercury died, the only singer on the planet to replace him in Queen should have been George Michael.
                Gotta agree there...

Eric Clapton knows only one guitar solo and has been playing it over and over since 1965.
                Clapton blows...
                Those brain dead fucks who would spray "Clapton is God" obviously never heard of Jeff Beck!

Gibson guitars suck.
                Mmm, nope!
                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

Every so-called guitar hero not named Jeff Beck working in the rock field (of any era) can be handed his lunch, his hat and ultimately his ass by just about any average country picker leaning against a bar stool.
                  Here's a prime example. Even if your not a Glen Campbell fan, ya gotta give it up for his chops... (1:10)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9DsqDc3cy7w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9DsqDc3cy7w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
                  Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Back when country music was country music and not a bad, cheesey imitation of rock music.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

I never liked Jump. There are far better songs on the 1984 album.

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi

Metallica died with Cliff Burton , imo...
                        I used to think that too. Although Justice... was a good album. But honestly I don't think it was Cliffs passing that changed them. It was the money & fame. They went from being a brotherhood of guys drinking & partying together in tour buses & hotels...to millionaires traveling separately & drinking champagne, then going home to wives & kids.

Now when I see them, they are actors. Acting like metal guys when they play that classic stuff.

Happens to most successful bands. The best music output is from the days they all shared apartments, hotels & tour buses.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

The best hard rock guitar solo ever recorded was played by an unknown named Tony Peluso and included on a Carpenters single ("Goodbye To Love") sometime in 1972.
                          Just looked it up on YouTube and I'm confused.

Comment

• Mr Badguy
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Steve Vai has recorded fuck all worth hearing more than once since 1990.
                            sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I know where you are coming from but the first half of Sex & Religion is quite good.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                                I used to think that too. Although Justice... was a good album. But honestly I don't think it was Cliffs passing that changed them. It was the money & fame. They went from being a brotherhood of guys drinking & partying together in tour buses & hotels...to millionaires traveling separately & drinking champagne, then going home to wives & kids.

Now when I see them, they are actors. Acting like metal guys when they play that classic stuff.

Happens to most successful bands. The best music output is from the days they all shared apartments, hotels & tour buses.
                                Their singer admitted this. James Hatwhateverhisnameis said it's hard to be pissed off when you are laying by the pool in the sun behind a multimillion dollar home. It's easier to write piss and vinegar when you are living in shit and desperate.

Comment

Working...