Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 79

Thread: Why we can't let these clowns get in office!

  1. #1
    Foot Soldier

    Member No
    24278
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    12-25-2016 @ 02:17 PM
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    54
    Posts
    666
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 161 Times in 79 Posts


    Rep Power
    15

    Why we can't let these clowns get in office!

    <object width="420" height="245" id="msnbc169c0a" classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" /><param name="FlashVars" value="launch=39880604&amp;width=420&amp;height=24 5" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed name="msnbc169c0a" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" width="420" height="245" FlashVars="launch=39880604&amp;width=420&amp;heigh t=245" allowscriptaccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  2. 3 users say thank you to Carloscda for this KICKASS post:

    FORD (10-28-2010),jhale667 (10-28-2010),Seshmeister (10-28-2010)


  3. #2
    Frontline Voice of Reason
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    BigBadBrian's Avatar
    Member No
    51
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    02-09-2013 @ 07:23 AM
    Location
    Lighted Streets on Quiet Nights
    Posts
    10,620
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    276
    Thanked 193 Times in 163 Posts


    Rep Power
    31
    Carla, you're still a cunt.

    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  4. #3
    Foot Soldier

    Member No
    24278
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    12-25-2016 @ 02:17 PM
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    54
    Posts
    666
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 161 Times in 79 Posts


    Rep Power
    15
    Come see me and say that... BITCH!!!!!

  5. #4
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:49 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,378
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,250
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    Keith's rating were up during the Bush disaster and I kind of enjoyed him ripping on Bush but those days are over and the Democrats have been an absolute disaster. Keith is still running the same formula he was running when Bush was in office but now he upholding the failed Democrats and ripping into the people who are fed up with the abuse from both parties. No wonder this guy's ratings are in the toilet. Keith, we are tired of you so go back to being a sports caster. You are a dinosaur.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  6. #5
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:49 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,378
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,250
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    What Olberman fails to tell us is if we continue on the course we are now, independent business' that create real productive jobs will be ran out of business because they can't afford the huge overhead the Democrats will load them with. Obamacare has already been a disaster. Wait until they pass cap and trade which is a huge tax on energy. If it keeps going everyone will be paying everything they make to the government and then this unsustainable system will implode. Think Soviet Union. Honestly, the only people in support of the Democrats at this point are people who get a government check to live off of and have no understanding where that money actually comes from.

  7. #6
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:49 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,378
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,250
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    It's time to get the productive jobs back and the people who have been living on the dole for multiple generations are going to have to learn how to work. The solution is raise tariffs on China. Start making things here again and create new jobs across the board. The welfare rats will have to work. We no longer can afford them but they are going to need jobs. That's why we need to stop buying Chinese crap, make better quality stuff here and sell it for the same price. The tariffs we charge will wipe out our debt with China.

    Are the Democrats mentioning any of this? No. They want to continue the old failed system.

  8. #7
    Master of the Universe
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Location
    Snake Mountain
    Posts
    57,614
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,359
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 4,613 Posts


    Rep Power
    139
    The real solution is to roll back every stinking piece of shit policy passed since 1981 as far as economic policies go. Starting with the tax "cuts" for the tax dodging millionaires and billionaires. Kill NAFTA. Kill the Shittizens United travesty. Change one word in the 14th amendment so it says Natural persons. Corporations are not persons, but as long as they think they are, then lets sentence them to death for treason. Starting with Goldman Sachs.

    The only thing the Democrats have done wrong is we allowed the existence of this sickening Republican infiltration of our party known as the "Democratic Leadership Council". The DLC are neither Democrats nor Leaders and all they have accomplished is full complicity with the neocon warmongering and corporatist destruction of democracy. I say "we" as an overall representation of the Democratic party, though THIS Democrat never believed their bullshit for a second

    A 60 vote Senate majority and a huge majority in the House should have been able to get a lot of progress done in this country the last two years. But when you have at least a dozen tools in the Senate and a similar percentage in the House who rarely or never vote as Democrats that fucks it all up. And leaves you with the corporate media narrative that "Democrats can't get shit done"

    Every DLC member or Blue Dog Coward-alition tool who is up for election frankly deserves to lose. But replacing them with teabaggers is not the solution. And ACTUAL Democrats such as Russ Feingold and Alan Grayson should not have to pay the price for the incompetence of these infiltrating cowards.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  9. 4 users say thank you to FORD for this KICKASS post:

    bueno bob (10-28-2010),chefcraig (10-28-2010),jhale667 (10-28-2010),Little Texan (10-28-2010)


  10. #8
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:49 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,378
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,250
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    The Tea Party has been hijacked by the Republicans but the concept is what needs to happen. Both parties have been taken over by fringe extremists financed by the big corporations and banks. The average American is ignored and fucked and has no voice anymore. It's a bad situation and the real problem is there is not enough good people to take over after we vote the rat's out. Right now I'm focusing on voting the rats out and defunding Obama care, stopping cap and trade, stopping amnesty and then hopefully replacing Obama with someone better whoever that is. If we don't do this politically the country is going to split up and it's going to be nasty. Very nasty. A lot rides on this election.

  11. #9
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:49 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,378
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,250
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    Both the Democrat and Republican parties need to clean house. The only way I can see doing that is to fire all of them. I'm voting everyone out of office. Fire all of them. That will send a message.

  12. #10
    Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    chefcraig's Avatar
    Member No
    3871
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Last Online
    03-01-2017 @ 01:20 PM
    Location
    "A Confederacy Of Dunces"
    Posts
    12,172
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,724
    Thanked 4,052 Times in 2,583 Posts


    Rep Power
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Both the Democrat and Republican parties need to clean house. The only way I can see doing that is to fire all of them. I'm voting everyone out of office. Fire all of them. That will send a message.
    The flaw in that thinking is the assumption that the "new" elected officials will be any less corrupt, clueless or downright evil than those currently holding office. It's also an absurdly dangerous position to take, as in some races the only challenger may be utterly inept or worse, secretly backed by a group whose true intentions are anything but benign. You simply can not in clear conscience throw the baby out with the bathwater. That sort of backwardly reactionary and purely insipid thinking was behind the "CHANGE" movement, which has now only compounded the situation we as a nation are currently facing.
    Last edited by chefcraig; 10-28-2010 at 03:38 PM.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  13. Thanked chefcraig for this KICKASS post:

    jhale667 (10-28-2010)


  14. #11
    Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    jhale667's Avatar
    Member No
    7379
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 02:20 AM
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    20,929
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    8,152
    Thanked 4,109 Times in 2,873 Posts


    Rep Power
    81

    Thumbs down Tea Party win = America's LOSS.

    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    The flaw in that thinking is the assumption that the "new" elected officials will be any less corrupt, clueless or downright evil than those currently holding office. It's also an absurdly dangerous position to take, as in some races the only challenger may be utterly inept or worse, secretly backed by a group whose true intentions are anything but benign. You simply can not in clear conscience throw the baby out with the bathwater. That sort of backward and insipid thinking was behind the "CHANGE" movement, which has now only compounded the situation we as a nation are currently facing.
    EXACTLY...and the suggestion that the Christine O'Donnells, Meg Whitmans, Carl Paladinos(sic) and Sharon Angles, etc. of the world, besides their flawed-beyond-RETARDATION views and positions on the issues (and in some cases the fact that they're even BIGGER SCUMBAGS than the incumbents), will do anything other than screw things up WORSE? Please.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  15. #12
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Seshmeister's Avatar
    Member No
    11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    34,105
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    2,670
    Thanked 8,974 Times in 5,769 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Both the Democrat and Republican parties need to clean house. The only way I can see doing that is to fire all of them. I'm voting everyone out of office. Fire all of them. That will send a message.
    If you think things couldn't possibly be worse you are sadly mistaken.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  16. #13
    Master of the Universe
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

    FORD's Avatar
    Member No
    32
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Location
    Snake Mountain
    Posts
    57,614
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    3,359
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 4,613 Posts


    Rep Power
    139
    Mike Malloy thinks that if the teabaggers actually pull this off, and takeover, that the resulting disaster will be so overwhelming that it will shock people into reality and - one way or another - it would be the end of this bullshit.

    It's an interesting theory, but the two problems I see with it are 1) A corrupt media which will continue to spew the corporatist line (Malloy, Olbermann, Hartmann and a few others not withstanding) and 2) Electro-Fraud machines which may well be used for outright theft this time around, as opposed to merely "deciding close elections" as in the past. That whole South Carolina primary with the unknown doofus winning was a test case for something, and the fact that the media seems convinced that someone like Russ Feingold could lose, is enough to make me believe they're not even bothering with the "margin of error" defense this time.

    Until we get corporate money out of elections, and out of counting the votes there's only one way left to really change the system. And I hope it doesn't come to that......

  17. #14
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Seshmeister's Avatar
    Member No
    11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    34,105
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    2,670
    Thanked 8,974 Times in 5,769 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    What Olberman fails to tell us is if we continue on the course we are now, independent business' that create real productive jobs will be ran out of business because they can't afford the huge overhead the Democrats will load them with. Obamacare has already been a disaster. Wait until they pass cap and trade which is a huge tax on energy. If it keeps going everyone will be paying everything they make to the government and then this unsustainable system will implode. Think Soviet Union. Honestly, the only people in support of the Democrats at this point are people who get a government check to live off of and have no understanding where that money actually comes from.
    The US could easily afford a proper healthcare system like any other western country if you didn't have the stupid corrupt bullshit 'defence' spending.

    Obamacare is less than 10% of the annual spend on defence.

  18. #15
    Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

    Member No
    25
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    05-21-2013 @ 08:57 PM
    Location
    20' Above Water
    Posts
    10,849
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,599
    Thanked 334 Times in 307 Posts


    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Why would I give a shit about what Keith Olbermann has to say - he's a spoiled rich kid with no clue as to how the real world runs anyways!

    FORD are you fucking 12 years old? Did you even play the clip? He's fully lost his complete fucking mind!

    He digs into the Hillary playbook by pure name-calling and doesn't go much further: here's some choice outtake Olbermann vocabulary -

    de-portation, de-capitation blackmail, extort, threatening to impeach, cranks, menaces, mercenaries, and authoritarians, apathetic, armed insurrection, revolution, fanaticism and ignorance, backward, bigoted, bigots

    "theocracy for white males, with dissent caged and individuality suppressed see delusions, specters, fantasies; they see communists under every bed and a gun in every hand. They see tax breaks for the rich and delayed retirement for everyone else. They fight the redistribution of wealth not because they oppose redistribution, but because their sole purpose is to protect wealth and keep it where they think it belongs - in the bank accounts of the wealthy agents of regression, repression, and corporate sovereignty."
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  19. #16
    Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

    Member No
    25
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    05-21-2013 @ 08:57 PM
    Location
    20' Above Water
    Posts
    10,849
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,599
    Thanked 334 Times in 307 Posts


    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Keith is a Communist like Obama, and that's all there is to it.

    Here's the comlete text @ http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39875964...rmann/#slice-2

    (not that anybody's gonna read it, or this.. ) just so we all know who Keith Olbermann is - he's not running for office and never will with this kinda schpiel out there..

    By Keith Olbermann Anchor, 'Countdown' msnbc.com msnbc.com
    updated <abbr style="display: inline;" class="dtstamp updated" title="2010-10-28T01:33:43">10/27/2010 9:33:43 PM ET</abbr> 2010-10-28T01:33:43
    (picture of Keith from 1989 gratuitously deleted for respect of other's stomachs)

    SPECIAL COMMENT
    Now as promised a Special Comment on the madness of the Tea Party and the elections of next Tuesday.
    It is as if a group of moderately talented performers has walked on stage at a comedy club on Improv night. Each hears a shout from the audience, consisting of a bizarre but just barely plausible fear or hatred or neurosis or prejudice.
    And the entertainment of the evening is for each to take their thin, absurd premise, and build upon it a campaign for governor or congressman or senator. The problem is, of course, when it turns out there is no audience shouting out gags, just a cabal of corporations and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and political insider bloodsuckers like Karl Rove and Dick Armey and the Chicken Little Chorus of Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck.
    And the instructions are not to improvise a comedy sketch, but to elect a group of unqualified, unstable individuals who will do what they are told, in exchange for money and power, and march this nation as far backward as they can get, backward to Jim Crow, or backward to the breadlines of the '30s, or backward** to hanging union organizers, or backward to the Trusts and the Robber Barons.
    Result: the Tea Party. Vote backward, vote Tea Party. And if you are somehow indifferent to what is planned for next Tuesday, it is nothing short of an attempt to use Democracy to end this Democracy, to buy America wholesale and pave over the freedoms and the care we take of one another, which have combined to keep us the envy of the world.
    You do not think your freedom is at stake next Tuesday?
    The Tea Party-and-Republican candidate for senator from Nevada, Sharron Angle, compared rape to, quoting, "a lemon situation in lemonade." She would deny an abortion even to a teenaged girl who had been raped by her own father.
    The Tea Party-and-Republican candidate to be the only Congressman in Delaware, Glen Urquhart, said "there is no problem that abortion can't make worse. I know good friends who are the product of rape."
    Mr. Urquhart also does not believe the phrase "separation of church and state" was said by Thomas Jefferson.
    He thinks it was Hitler: "The next time your liberal friends ask you about the separation of church and state, ask them why they are Nazis."
    Advertisement | ad info

    The Tea Party-and-Republican candidate in the Ohio 9th, Rich Iott, not only ran around in a Nazi uniform celebrating their military tactics, but implies he is a Veteran and as late as this March listed his occupation as "soldier" even though the volunteer militia to which he belongs has never been called, will never be called, to any active service, in the 29 years in which he has belonged to it.
    It's more than just dress-up. They mean business - literally. The Tea-Party-and-Republican-candidate for New Jersey's 3rd House seat, Jon Runyan, defended corporate tax loopholes: "Loopholes are there for a reason. They are to avoid people from really having to pay too many taxes."
    The Tea Party-and-Republican candidate for the Senate in West Virginia, John Raese, explained, "I made **my** money the old-fashioned way, I inherited it. I think that's a great thing to do. I hope more people in this country have that opportunity as soon as we abolish inheritance tax in this country."
    The inheritance tax applies only to estates larger than $3.5 million. For the 99.8 percent of Americans not affected by the estate tax, there is the minimum wage, which Mr. Raese also wants abolished. Or there is Social Security.
    The Tea-Party-and-Republican-candidate in the Indiana 9th, Todd Young, says "Social Security, as so many of you know is a Ponzi scheme."
    The Tea Party-and-Republican candidate in the Wisconsin 8th, Reid Ribble, disagrees. Social Security "is, in fact, a Ponzi scheme."
    The Tea Party-and-Republican candidate in the Arizona 8th, Jesse Kelly, wants to resurrect President Bush's scam to transform Social Security into private investment accounts so the government can force you to spend part of your paycheck on Wall Street commissions, and so that market manipulators can wipe out your retirement money.
    The Republican candidate in the Wisconsin 1st, Congressman Paul Ryan, has a more sophisticated plan: Personal investment Social Security, guaranteed dollar for dollar by the government. A fiscal fountain of youth, until you find out its cost: Ryan would pay for it by taxing the health insurance you get from your employer.
    If you are not employed, Mrs. Angle of Nevada says unemployment benefits can neither be increased nor extended because that "has caused us to have a spoilage with our ability to go out and get a job… There are jobs that do exist. That's what we're saying, is that there are jobs."
    The Tea Party-and-Republican candidate for Senator in Alaska, Joe Miller, says this is academic, because unemployment insurance is unconstitutional. His own wife received unemployment insurance after losing a temp job he got for her. Mr. Miller also called Medicaid unconstitutional. It proved his entire family had received Medicaid funds.
    Mr. Miller also claims Social Security is unconstitutional, yet hypocritically he says it should still be paid out, and then the issue dumped into the laps of the states.
    Advertisement | ad info

    The Republican-and-Tea Party candidate for Senator in Colorado, Ken Buck, would not stop at butchering just Social Security. [He said] "would a Veterans Administration hospital that is run by the private sector be better run then by the public sector? In my view, yes."
    The Tea Party-and-Republican candidate in the Pennsylvania 4th, Keith Rothfus, has promised to overturn anything the Supreme Court decides, with which he disagrees: "Congress's ultimate weapon is funding. If the Supreme Court rules you have to do something, we'll just take away funding for it."
    Back in Nevada Mrs. Angle decries health care - not reform, but health care itself. "Everything that they want to throw at us now is covered under 'autism'," she said. As to educating those children Mrs. Angle won't pay for, Mr. Buck of Colorado, waxes nostalgic: "In the 1950's, we had the best schools in the world, and the United States government decided to get more involved in federal education…well, since, we've made education worse, we're gonna even get more involved."
    In Ken Buck's America of 1957, fewer than one in five Black children graduated high school. Fewer than half of white children did. To the Tea-Party-and-Republican-candidate in the California 11th, David Harmer, Mr. Buck is a wild-eyed liberal. Mr. Harmer once advocated eliminating public schools altogether, and return education in this country to where it was before 1876: "People acting in a free market found a variety of ways to pay for a variety of schools serving a variety of students, all without central command or control." And without girls, blacks, or even the slightest chance you could go to college.

    The Tea Party-and-Republican candidate in the Virginia 11th, Keith Fimian, is "not so sure we need a federal burocracy for education."
    The Tea Party-and-Republican candidate in the Florida 2nd, Steve Southerland, wants to "de-fund" the Department of Education because "we can't afford it."
    The Tea Party-and-Republican candidate in the Texas 17th, Bill Flores, offers a tri-fecta plus a delusion. Get rid of "the pornographic endowment of the arts, department of energy, department of education" and with them, he says, ACORN. ACORN — which went out of business last April 1st.
    The Tea Party-and-Republican candidate in the Arizona 5th, David Schweikert, is "passionately" trying to eliminate the Department of Education because it's "unconstitutional."
    And while one of the few threads uniting the ragamuffins who constitute the slate of Tea Party candidates is so-called 'strict interpretation' of that Constitution, Mr. Miller of Alaska wants, in fact, to change the Constitution. He wants to repeal the 17th amendment.
    The TeTea Party-and-Republican candidate for senator from Utah, Mike Lee called the 17th amendment "a mistake."
    Podcast

    1. More from Countdown
      Get the Countdown podcast


    Last year, Mr. Buck of Colorado said the 17th amendment "took us down the wrong path."
    The 17th amendment, of course, permits the direct election by the voters of U.S. Senators.
    Advertisement | ad info

    Buck and Lee and Miller not only demand you elect them to the Senate; they hope to then deny you the right to elect somebody else, next time.
    The ubiquitous Mrs. Angle, meanwhile, wants to repeal the 16th amendment. It provided for a federal income tax. Mrs. Angle does not explain how, without it, the federal government would pay for keeping out the Mexicans she specifically attacks in her newest commercial.
    The Tea Party-and-Republican candidate for Senator from Kentucky Rand Paul wishes to repeal the 14th amendment because it interferes with a private business's right to ban black people from its premises, and also because it allows anyone born here in America to be American. He is worried about anchor babies.
    The Republican candidate for the 1st District of Texas, Louie Gohmert, fears not anchor babies but terror babies — unborn infants brought to this country in the womb, ready for American citizenship and pre-programmed to blow things up fifteen or twenty years from now. Curiously, he has not been asked if he is in favor of aborting them.
    The Tea Party-and-Republican candidate for Governor of Arizona, Jan Brewer, sees not terror fetuses but headless bodies in endless deserts murdered by immigrants who are nearly all drug mules.
    The Tea Party-and-Republican candidate for Governor of Colorado, Dan Maes, believes a bike-sharing program is part of a plot to turn Denver into a metropolis run by the United Nations.
    The Tea Party-and-Republican candidate for Senate from Delaware, Christine O'Donnell, believes she was cleared to read secret classified documents about China because she's been working for Non-Profit Organizations for the past fifteen years. She also believes China is plotting to take over the United States and the first evidence of this is that "China is drilling (for oil) off the coast of Florida."
    This fear of the Chinese clearly does not extend to the Tea Party-and-Republican candidate for Senate from Illinois, Mark Kirk. One day he held a fundraiser with American businessmen in China. The next day, he voted against closing tax incentives for outsourcing American jobs to places like China.
    The Tea Party-and-Republican-candidate for Senate from Wisconsin, Ron Johnson is also in favor of relocating employees. He testified against toughening laws on pedophiles and employers who shield them. He argued this could damage a business. A business like the Catholic Church.
    In Utah, the anti-bailout Senate candidate Mr. Lee, insists on not raising the liability limits for the next BP from $75 million to $10 billion: "You have a set of settled expectations that you give to a business when it decides to make an investment in this. Our country benefits from this type of activity…"
    Asked by the Salt Lake City Tribune if that's a kind of bailout, if it leaves taxpayers on the hook for part of the damage, Lee admitted, "Well, yea, probably does."
    Advertisement | ad info

    Mr. Paul of Kentucky called the nationwide pressure on BP to increase its damage payments "un-American." He is also opposed to Federal Mine Safety regulations: "The bottom line is: I'm not an expert, so don't give me the power in Washington to be making rules. You are here, and you have to work in the mines. You'd try to make good rules to protect your people here. If you don't, I'm thinking that no one will apply for those jobs."
    Mr. Paul's admission that "I'm not an expert" does provide one of the few dovetails of the campaign. It matches nicely with Mr. Johnson of Wisconsin, who refuses to offer any specifics about his plan to deal with homeless veterans. He says, "This election is not about details."
    Details have proved devilish for the Tea Party-and-Republican candidate for the second district of Virginia, Scott Ridgell He campaigned against the stimulus bill, including the Cash-for-Clunkers program. Mr. Ridgell is an automobile dealer, and happily made hundreds of thousands of dollars from the Cash-for-Clunkers program.
    The Tea Party-and-Republican candidate in the Missouri 4th, Vicky Hartzler, says she and her husband are just small business owners. "We just want the government to leave us alone," she said. Hartzler and her husband have a farm. In the last fourteen years, that government they want to leave them alone, has given them subsidies totaling $774,000.
    Mr. Raese of West Virginia told the Associated Press that "America is in an industrial coma" and blamed the "restrictor plate" that is "a bloated federal government." "I can't think," he added, "of very many times when a government agency has helped me."
    The companies Mr. Raese owns have received $2.4 million in contracts from the federal government since 2000, and $32 million in contracts from the state government since 2000.
    Back in Colorado, Mr. Buck apparently thought he was speaking to a campaign worker when he self-exposed his hypocrisy. In fact he was talking to a Democratic operative with a recorder in his pocket. Out of the blue, Tea Party nominee Buck blurted, "Will you tell those dumbasses at the Tea Party to stop asking me about birth certificates while I'm on the camera? God, what am I supposed to do?"
    The contempt of Mr. Buck towards his own Tea Party, extends in many cases to reporters - and thus by proxy, to actual citizens.
    For instance, the Tea Party-and-Republican candidate for Governor of Maine, Paul LePage (Luh-Page), threatened to punch a radio reporter.
    The Tea Party-and-Republican candidate for Governor of New York, Carl Paladino, threatened to "take out" a reporter from the most conservative newspaper in any major American city.
    A spokesman told the reporter that he was now off the Palladino mailing list, which has, in the past, consisted of e-mails featuring racism, pornography, and bestiality. Mr. Miller's private security guards in Alaska detained and handcuffed a reporter, and threatened to handcuff two more, without any legal right to do so, at an event at a public school.
    Advertisement | ad info

    The security company was operating with an expired license; its chief, has links to extremist organizations; and the defense was that the guards didn't know the individual was a reporter, which implies it would be just dandy to handcuff an ordinary citizen.
    Ms. O'Donnell threatened to sue a Delaware radio station if it did not destroy the videotape of her interview there.When she did not like a question, she snapped her fingers at her own press aide then shoved him. The campaign manager threatened to "crush" the station if it did not comply.
    The Tea Party-and-Republican candidate for the Senate from Florida, Marco Rubio dreams more of de-portation than de-capitation. He said, in March, "There are millions of people in America that hate our country, so why can't we just do a trade? We'll send you Sean Penn, Janeane Garofalo, and Keith Olbermann, and you can send us people that actually love this country."
    This, incidentally, carries with it a tinge of irony. I don't know that any of his opponents has ever accused Mr. Rubio of not loving this country. He just doesn't love a lot of its people. The person they all love the least is of course the President.
    The Tea Party-and-Republican candidate for Congress from the Florida 22nd, Allen West, had to leave our military after threatening to kill an Iraqi he was interrogating. Now he claims to have a higher security clearance than does the President. Mr. West also told his supporters that they could defeat his Democratic opponent by making the man afraid to leave his own home.
    And Tea Party-and-Republican candidate for the House from the Michigan 7th, the ex-Congressman Tim Walberg, wants to blackmail the President into showing his birth certificate… to Rush Limbaugh. He figures he can extort this from President Obama by threatening to impeach him.
    You are willing to let these people run this country? This is the America you want? This is the America you are willing to permit? These are the kinds of cranks, menaces, mercenaries and authoritarians you will turn this country over to?
    If you sit there next Tuesday and let this happen, whose fault will that be? Not really theirs. They are taught that freedom is to be seized and rationed. They can sleep at night having advanced themselves and their puppeteers and to hell with everybody else.
    They see the greatness of America not in its people but in its corporations. They see the success of America not in hard work but in business swindles. They see the worthiness of America not in its quality of life but in its quality of investing. They see the future of America not in progress, but in revolution to establish a theocracy for white males, with dissent caged and individuality suppressed.
    They see America not for what is, nor what it can be. They see delusions, specters, fantasies; they see communists under every bed and a gun in every hand. They see tax breaks for the rich and delayed retirement for everyone else. They fight the redistribution of wealth not because they oppose redistribution, but because their sole purpose is to protect wealth and keep it where they think it belongs - in the bank accounts of the wealthy.
    They want to make the world safe for Bernie Madoff. But you know better. If you sit there next Tuesday - if you sit there tomorrow, and the rest of this week - and you let this cataclysm unfold, you have enabled this.
    Advertisement | ad info

    It is one thing to be attacked by those who would destroy America from without. It is a worse thing to be attacked by those who would destroy America from within.
    But it is the worst thing to sit back and let it happen, to not find the time and the means to convince just one other sane voter to put aside the disappointment of the last two years and look to the future and vote. Because the disappointment of the last two years will be the "good old days" in a Tea Party America.
    This is the week in which the Three Card Monte dealers hope to take over the government —the candidates who want their own way, who will say anything to make palatable their real identities as agents of regression, repression, and corporate sovereignty. They are here, they have energized the self-serving and the greedy and the proudly ill-informed.
    And if no other fact convinces you of your obligation to vote and canvass and phone and drag even to the polls the most disheartened moderate or Democrat or Liberal or abandoned Republican or political neutral, to vote for the most tepid of the non-Insane candidates, if no other detail hands you that spark of argument with which to invigorate the apathetic, you need only commit to memory the words of Steffan Broden and Sharron Angle.
    She can run from reporters but she cannot run from this quote from January, and all the horror and insurrection it implies: "Thomas Jefferson said it's good for a country to have a revolution every 20 years. I hope that's not where we're going. But, you know, if this Congress keeps going the way it is, people are really looking toward those second amendment remedies."
    Sharron Angle — too subtle for you? "Second amendment" remedies — guns instead of elections - too implicit? Fortunately, to our rescue, to the speeding of the falling of the scales from our eyes, comes the Tea Party and Republican nominee for the 30th Congressional District of Texas, "Pastor" Steffan Broden. "Our nation was founded on violence," he said, on tape.
    Was armed insurrection, revolution, an option in 2010? "The option is on the table. I don't think that we should ever remove anything from the table… However, it is not the first option."
    Thank you! The attempt to overthrow the Government of the United States by violence is not The Tea Party's first option. Next Tuesday is the first option!
    The words are those of Nedrick Young and Harold Jacob Smith from the screenplay for the movie "Inherit The Wind." As the attorney for the man on trial for teaching evolution, Spencer Tracy gets to the gist: "Fanaticism and ignorance is forever busy, and needs feeding. And soon, your Honor, with banners flying and with drums beating we'll be marching backward, backward through the glorious ages of that 16th century when bigots burned the man who dared bring enlightenment and intelligence to the human mind!"
    The angered judge replies, "I hope counsel does not mean to imply that this court is bigoted." The attorney mutters, "Well, your honor has the right to hope." The Judge warns, "I have the right to do more than that." The attorney explodes: "You have the power to do more than that."
    And you have the power to do more than that.

  20. #17
    Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

    Member No
    25
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    05-21-2013 @ 08:57 PM
    Location
    20' Above Water
    Posts
    10,849
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,599
    Thanked 334 Times in 307 Posts


    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    thought the double-post lagtime was fixed

    ::dupe:::

    but G-d as anyone here can see, he just goes on and on about nothing expect to provide himself targets to villify.

    Vote Tea Party when you can Tuesday, Independant where ever possible and in the locals that don't offer a party vote Republican.

    that's how I filled my ballot guide out.. not because I'm crazy which I undoubtedly am by Dr. Olberman's assessment - but because Obama broke the back of the healthcare system and I ain't paying for this shit.

    I also ain't paying for Carbon trading, sending more jobs to China and to wetbacks here in the US, so bite me.
    Last edited by GAR; 10-28-2010 at 05:46 PM. Reason: doublepost, delete

  21. #18
    Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

    Member No
    25
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    05-21-2013 @ 08:57 PM
    Location
    20' Above Water
    Posts
    10,849
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,599
    Thanked 334 Times in 307 Posts


    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD View Post
    Mike Malloy thinks that if the teabaggers actually pull this off,
    The Tea Party movement is composed of more Dems 46 percent than Republicans 38 percent, so go look in the mirror the next time you wanna derogatorize what initially is a tax-and-spend revolt which WILL go violent if illegally suppressed by fake eVotes, fake mail-ins and other DNC/SEIU/ACORN-etc. shenannigans.

    I've noticed the price of 7.62x39 Ammunition has shot up a little this year.. pun intended!

  22. #19
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:49 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,378
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,250
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    The US could easily afford a proper healthcare system like any other western country if you didn't have the stupid corrupt bullshit 'defence' spending.

    Obamacare is less than 10% of the annual spend on defence.
    I say it's time for us to stop policing the world and invading countries so the war industry can make money. We spend over a $1 trillion a year on defense. Obamacare is a failure because it puts a huge burdon on businesses or the other option is to just scrap health coverage and pay the fine. People won't have any health coverage at all under this system while fearing the IRS is going to come after them for not having any. Not to mention the process they used to pass it.

    I don't think we need socialized medicine. We need tort reform to end cut legal costs and increase competition in the insurance industry by allowing insurance to be sold across state lines. We once had a great health care system and it wasn't too long ago it was affordable. You can look at the numbers going all the way back to the Johnson administration. Whenever the government got involved in health care the cost always went up because the doctors had to increase prices to pay for the costs of the government programs.

    Maybe socialism works in a small country where everyone has similar tastes but it won't work in a country as diverse and large as the US. Plus, we just aren't a socialist from a historical perspective. It's not what we are about.

  23. #20
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:49 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,378
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,250
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    I say it frankly. Obamacare and cap and trade will put me out of business. I will have no incentive whatsoever to even mess with running it.

  24. #21
    Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    bueno bob's Avatar
    Member No
    6645
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Last Online
    07-13-2018 @ 01:43 PM
    Location
    The Sheep Pen
    Age
    48
    Posts
    22,804
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,260
    Thanked 1,310 Times in 848 Posts


    Rep Power
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    The Tea Party has been hijacked by the Republicans but the concept is what needs to happen.
    Wrong. The Tea Party hasn't been hijacked by Republicans. It was a Republican baby from the moment of inception and a movement of anger and knee-jerk emotional reactionism fueled by Fox "News" through and through and the only reason it ever took life was because Fox "News" was angry that McCain lost the 2008 election. That is ALL it is.

    And what it is now is a movement of overwhelmingly ignorant faith-based nationalism to the point of extremist zealotry. In other words, it's complete and utter bullshit, pure and simple.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

  25. Thanked bueno bob for this KICKASS post:

    jhale667 (11-01-2010)


  26. #22
    Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

    Member No
    25
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    05-21-2013 @ 08:57 PM
    Location
    20' Above Water
    Posts
    10,849
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,599
    Thanked 334 Times in 307 Posts


    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Socialism isn't even working in those small EU countries, they're all going riot like we will be in two years!

    Look at Italy, Greece, Spain, France.. it's going down right now if you watch your evening news.

    Socialism doesn't work and is a less-effective form of government more prone to abuse than any other. 5 out of 5 dictators I can think of choose Socialism over any other brand of government - and since I've been paying for it these last 2 years and haven't gotten what I've paid for I'm pretty pissed off!

  27. #23
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:49 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,378
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,250
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    We've already had to negotiate with employees to be indapendant contractors instead of employees so they can keep their jobs. We have no idea what our costs will be in 2011 because the Democrat congress never bothered to pass a budget so we are just hanging on wondering how bad it's going to be. Nobody wants to have employees when they have uncertainty looming and people wonder why there isn't any jobs. Well with government policy the way it's been, employers are in the cross hairs of the government and then the lying fucking politicians go out and tell people they are pro business. Yeah right.

  28. #24
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:49 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,378
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,250
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by GAR View Post
    Socialism isn't even working in those small EU countries, they're all going riot like we will be in two years!

    Look at Italy, Greece, Spain, France.. it's going down right now if you watch your evening news.

    Socialism doesn't work and is a less-effective form of government more prone to abuse than any other. 5 out of 5 dictators I can think of choose Socialism over any other brand of government - and since I've been paying for it these last 2 years and haven't gotten what I've paid for I'm pretty pissed off!
    Socialism basically means everyone gives their wealth to the politicians who decide how that wealth is used. The result is rarely good because the politicians tend to overspend. What happens is the whole system goes broke. The US never got remotely close to being as broke as it is now until it become more socialist. Now they want to steal your pension (social security) because the whole fucking thing is broke. In France they are pissed because the age of retirement is being jacked up. You can't trust politicians and socialism is a system that you give politicians a huge amount of power. Once they have everyone's money they aren't so nice to deal with and they have all the cards.

  29. #25
    Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

    Member No
    25
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    05-21-2013 @ 08:57 PM
    Location
    20' Above Water
    Posts
    10,849
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,599
    Thanked 334 Times in 307 Posts


    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I say it frankly. Obamacare and cap and trade will put me out of business. I will have no incentive whatsoever to even mess with running it.
    I couldn't buy lacquer to refinish my guitar when I checked last weekend, so I thought I'd ask Gibson to do it do you want to know the price they quoted me?

    $1800 fucking dollars. I go "I've seen the finishes coming out of Gibson the last couple years, do I get a warranty with that like, if I'm not happy with clearcoat scratches can I send it back for better buffing?" and the guy said No, repair orders are on a as-you-get it basis. We've got a reputation here to upkeep you see."

    Thanks to the SCAQMD (SoCal Air Quality Management District - a rogue law-making group of anarchistic pollution "experts") I can't even buy the lacquer from Tennessee because it's labeled a "banned volatile organic compound exceeding air quality dispersionary limits" or some shit.

    And guess what - all Democrats, all supported by Big Education which is SEIU and Teacher's Unions. Fucking thugs!

  30. #26
    Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

    Member No
    25
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    05-21-2013 @ 08:57 PM
    Location
    20' Above Water
    Posts
    10,849
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,599
    Thanked 334 Times in 307 Posts


    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    $1800 muthafukken dollars. The guitar only cost me $1100 new back in the day...

  31. #27
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Seshmeister's Avatar
    Member No
    11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    34,105
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    2,670
    Thanked 8,974 Times in 5,769 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Socialism basically means everyone gives their wealth to the politicians who decide how that wealth is used.
    By your definition the US has been socialist for ages and the politicians have decided to use the wealth on buying pointless weapon systems from the people that pay for their election campaigns.

  32. #28
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:49 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,378
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,250
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by bueno bob View Post
    Wrong. The Tea Party hasn't been hijacked by Republicans. It was a Republican baby from the moment of inception and a movement of anger and knee-jerk emotional reactionism fueled by Fox "News" through and through and the only reason it ever took life was because Fox "News" was angry that McCain lost the 2008 election. That is ALL it is.

    And what it is now is a movement of overwhelmingly ignorant faith-based nationalism to the point of extremist zealotry. In other words, it's complete and utter bullshit, pure and simple.
    There's your Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin type thing but then you have rallies that people were showing up at early on in the process that had nothing to do with FOX NEWS or the Republican Party. What happen is the better known people like Glenn Beck started organizing rallies and getting the air time.

    There's a movement brewing and it's bigger than the tea party and no one group is really organizing it. I think as we get closer to 2012 it will solidify more. That will be an interesting campaign election because I see lot's of wild cards. There just are too many people piss off at the Republican and Democratic parties and too much at stake. Business as usual is over. We no longer can afford the corruption.

  33. #29
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:49 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,378
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,250
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    By your definition the US has been socialist for ages and the politicians have decided to use the wealth on buying pointless weapon systems from the people that pay for their election campaigns.
    We've been increasingly socialist since the New Deal of the 1930's and government entitlement programs have grown since then. What we are now is actually fascist. The large corporations and banks have actually merged with the government. So what's going on is the fascists are trying to close escrow by completely breaking anyone who is not dependant on the government. They are going after small farmers and independant businesses hard. They already have the government employees and welfare people. They are going after the self-made people in this country and trying to run them out of business so they will get desperate and run to the government for help. Meanwhile they are filling the military up with foreigners while the citizens in the military get sent off to war. Foreigners will fire on us citizens no problem but the citizen based military won't. Obama is a redistribution of wealth, we do all the thinking for you type guy but he's in bed with the corporations. People are now waking up to this and want to stop it but there isn't any clear political solution. As I said we can vote the rats out but what do we replace them with?

  34. #30
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Seshmeister's Avatar
    Member No
    11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    34,105
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    2,670
    Thanked 8,974 Times in 5,769 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    All this talk of change, you remind me of Obama's campaign...

  35. #31
    Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

    Member No
    25
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Last Online
    05-21-2013 @ 08:57 PM
    Location
    20' Above Water
    Posts
    10,849
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    2,599
    Thanked 334 Times in 307 Posts


    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Yeah and it's all a big joke to FORD that the IRS is hiring 16,000 new auditors to start hammering people on tax enforcement, taking their shit and putting them out of their property.

    But because I'm white, own property that I worked hard for yet never seem to really possess, I'm the bigoted racist wealthy guy Democrats have to tear down on with their unsustainable Change bullshit.

    There ain't enough change in my bank to fund their Change: I don't know where they're coming from on that point!

  36. #32
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:49 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,378
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,250
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    My cousin does quite a bit of engine work for Jay Leno. He has an extensive machine shop and foundry. He was talking with Jay not too long ago and Jay said you can only use water based automotive paint in California and he has to send parts out of state to be chrome plated. The state has so many regulations that nobody wants to even mess with running a chrome shop anymore. You aren't going to find old fashioned laquer there. I imagine Fender has to paint their guitars in Mexico now because of all the regulations. You probably can spray whatever you want in Ensanada.

    I saw this kind of nonsense in the Soviet Union in 1978. They had one bank in Moscow that changed rubels into dollars and the location changed every day and they didn't tell you were it was. They told us to change our dollars into rubels and then created a situation where you couldn't get your dollars back. So they robbed us because the Soviets wanted our money because they could trade it worldwide unlike rubels. So we had all these rubels and so what the hell lets go spend them. First thing it was hard to find anything in Russia you wanted to buy. Moscow had one of the largest department stores in the world but it had no inventory. It was hit and miss. Anyways, we found a few things worth buying and we had to stand in line after line to buy the items. It was a huge mess of various beurocrats, paper work, stamps and all that. Why? The government created all those dumb ass positions to give someone a job. I've never seen such masses of bored miserable people in my life.

    It's not a good system and I cringe when I hear people say it is because they have an entitlement complex or thing something has to be done because the world isn't fair. Nobody will take better care of you and your family than yourself. That's the reality of it and don't get duped that a bunch of politicians will do a better job. Look at California. It's broke and unfixable because people gave Sacramento too much power.

  37. #33
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Seshmeister's Avatar
    Member No
    11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    34,105
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    2,670
    Thanked 8,974 Times in 5,769 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by GAR View Post
    Socialism isn't even working in those small EU countries, they're all going riot like we will be in two years!

    Look at Italy, Greece, Spain, France.. it's going down right now if you watch your evening news.
    If your evening news is Fox News...

  38. #34
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Seshmeister's Avatar
    Member No
    11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    34,105
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    2,670
    Thanked 8,974 Times in 5,769 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I saw this kind of nonsense in the Soviet Union in 1978. They had one bank in Moscow that changed rubels into dollars and the location changed every day and they didn't tell you were it was. They told us to change our dollars into rubels and then created a situation where you couldn't get your dollars back. So they robbed us because the Soviets wanted our money because they could trade it worldwide unlike rubels. So we had all these rubels and so what the hell lets go spend them. First thing it was hard to find anything in Russia you wanted to buy. Moscow had one of the largest department stores in the world but it had no inventory. It was hit and miss. Anyways, we found a few things worth buying and we had to stand in line after line to buy the items. It was a huge mess of various beurocrats, paper work, stamps and all that. Why? The government created all those dumb ass positions to give someone a job. I've never seen such masses of bored miserable people in my life.
    Yeah that's right, environmental laws are exactly like Russia in the late 70s.

    Talk about a straw dog argument...

  39. #35
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

    Seshmeister's Avatar
    Member No
    11
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    34,105
    Status
    Online
    Thanks
    2,670
    Thanked 8,974 Times in 5,769 Posts


    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by GAR View Post

    And guess what - all Democrats, all supported by Big Education which is SEIU and Teacher's Unions. Fucking thugs!
    I haven't heard that one before, to me it's funny.

    So there are people against 'Big Education'?

    Are these people who have been educated well or perhaps not...?

  40. #36
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:49 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,378
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,250
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    All this talk of change, you remind me of Obama's campaign...
    That's why he got the swing voters. They gave him the bennefit of the doubt. But instead of giving people the warm and fuzzy socialism some of them wanted we are getting hard and cold fascism. Now he's going after the indapendant businesses. If we don't stop it, we are going to become a police state ran by gangsters with a big ass military and lots of weapons. Can you say Nazi Germany? The world is a better place if we can change it because if we don't lots of people are going to die and not just in this country.

  41. #37
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:49 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,378
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,250
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    Did you know the teacher's union and McDonald's got an exemption from Obamacare? They don't have to pay into it. Oh and the teacher's union isn't about educating anyone. It's one reason we actually graduate people who can't read. You can have BIG EDUCATION and actually not educate anyone.

  42. #38
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:49 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,378
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,250
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    All the politicians in Wyoming are running on how they are going to give education more money. It gets plenty already in this state but it never trickles down into the classroom. The administration eats it. Also, I'm so sick and tired of everyone thinking college is the solution. Most of the degrees you can get from college won't get you a job and here in the US, we certainly don't need anymore social workers. Social work is one of the most popular degrees people get. So it really depends on what you are educated in because a lot of the result is more tax money sucking more than increasing the gross national product. If anything we have a college bubble. Kids are coming out with a ton of student loan debt and no job prospects. It used to be a decent GPA in anything got you better pay in some sort of mid management job. Not now.

  43. #39
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Nitro Express's Avatar
    Member No
    7682
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:49 PM
    Location
    Jackson Hole, Wyoming
    Posts
    31,378
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,250
    Thanked 3,681 Times in 2,986 Posts


    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    Yeah that's right, environmental laws are exactly like Russia in the late 70s.

    Talk about a straw dog argument...
    The state of California has been ruined because they have a HUGE state government full of un-needed inspectors and regulation writers. There are legitimate environmental concerns but there is also overkill. I'm sorry but you don't become a world economic super power with a country full of inspectors and policy writers. The regulations get so out of control nobody can get any legitimate work done and then people wonder why we don't make anything anymore.

  44. #40
    Sheep Pen Emperor
    DIAMOND STATUS
    bueno bob's Avatar
    Member No
    6645
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Last Online
    07-13-2018 @ 01:43 PM
    Location
    The Sheep Pen
    Age
    48
    Posts
    22,804
    Status
    Offline
    Thanks
    1,260
    Thanked 1,310 Times in 848 Posts


    Rep Power
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    There's a movement brewing and it's bigger than the tea party and no one group is really organizing it.
    This so-called "movement" seems like nothing more than a lot of angry voices shouting for "change!", but nobody really wants change that will work because that sort of change isn't "American". Insert various angry pseudo-patriotic faith based bullshit anytime there...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    I think as we get closer to 2012 it will solidify more.
    That's kinda what scares me...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    That will be an interesting campaign election because I see lot's of wild cards.
    Exactly. Unqualified nutjobs like Sarah Palin and Christine O'Donnell are only a few of the wild cards that we'll see winning elections because they know how to tap into this teabagger self-righteous impotent outrage...outrage and what they don't know, just a lot of outrage. Then they open their mouths, remove all doubt and suddenly we're being run not by LEADERS but by undereducated buffoons and amateur bloggers/armchair critics.

  45. Thanked bueno bob for this KICKASS post:

    jhale667 (11-01-2010)


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Office=The New Seinfeld?
    By Unchainme in forum Max's Non VH/DLR Related Stuff
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 07:52 PM
  2. JOE THUNDER to run for political office?
    By You fn rock JOE in forum Max's Non VH/DLR Related Stuff
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-19-2005, 02:05 PM
  3. Office Space
    By Steve Savicki in forum Max's Non VH/DLR Related Stuff
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 12:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •