Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

It might be worthy to note I bought the amp mail-order from another state and on such transactions there is no sales tax at all. So I paid 0% tax on the amp. You only get charged state sales tax if you purchase within that state so it's a good deal. I'm sure we will be seeing the end to that given the greediness of our current administration. More of that change he keeps talking about as he burns through trillions of dollars.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by VanHalenFan5150
      I believe it was either Musican's Friend or American Music Supply who listed it for about $1145
      Yeah. I order from Musician's Friend. It shipped out of Kansas City.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

What's nice is there is a really great music store in Idaho Falls which is not too far from here and they have a Peavey factory trained technician on site. He does guitar and amp repair work and is really good. So if you do have a problem or need a bias adjustment you just drop it off instead of sending it off to who knows where.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

What's nice as well is they will loan you an amp to use if yours is in the shop being fixed. We have a lot of bars and resorts around here and we have lots of musicians in this area. We get pretty big names like BB King, Toby Kieth, Hank Williams Jr. coming through all the time. I lived in a bigger city and the music shops sucked actually. Pretty much big box store stuff.

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
            Sniper
            • Oct 2009

We have a Sam Ash here, another one in Tampa, then there are two Guitar Centers in the same area and another in Ft. Myers.... But there are also several small mom and pop music stores within a few minute's drive
            Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• Coyote
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
              That was the first place I looked - your link shows £1400 GBP which is where I got the $2245 figure according to the current exchange rate.
              Silly me...
              Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• GAR
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                More of that change he keeps talking about as he burns through trillions of dollars.
                Just as it is on the street, so in the White House: get a wog in there on the payroll next thing you know you're dealing with 200 unnecessary employment applications and twice as many soft, lazy hands out flat for more of what you worked hard for.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                  Just as it is on the street, so in the White House: get a wog in there on the payroll next thing you know you're dealing with 200 unnecessary employment applications and twice as many soft, lazy hands out flat for more of what you worked hard for.
                  Don't forget to vote Nov. 2. Only 20% of the eligible public do in this country. Don't vote for a party, go get a sample ballot and check each candidate out and vote for the least evil. Then get active in you local politics. If everyone did this things would get better.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    Wow. I know Peavey has a whole European division based in the UK. They own Trace Elliot. It might be that an import tariff is being slapped on it because the 6534 is made in the USA. Marshalls have always been really expensive here. It's kind of the same deal. I did visit the Marshall factory last time I was in the UK. It's still family owned and a pretty interesting place.
                    Looking at the price in Euro's I think it's also partly due to our exchange rate being a bit shitty at the moment.

I have a natural distrust of Peavey that I'll need to get over which was brought on by the misery of dozens of times having to try and get a good sound out of Peavey Bandits in various rehearsal studios and borrowed backlines back 20 years ago when they were standard issue here for some reason.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Gar's gargle is right about the speakers...

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

Common over here as well, there seems a turning point there in the early 80s when you couldn't get decent affordable amps, Fenders weren't selling, and it was solid-state everything.

I hear you bout the trust issue I feel that as well. But the fact they've got the balls to reintroduce Tru-Sonics (if they are the real deal boat-anchor alnicos) and as good as that amp clip sounds thru the monitor, it's bound to sound better thru a real cabinet and I am eager for the first time to check out a Peavey head AND cab.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

This amp sounds much better to me, but the peavey is nice as well...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Looking at the price in Euro's I think it's also partly due to our exchange rate being a bit shitty at the moment.

I have a natural distrust of Peavey that I'll need to get over which was brought on by the misery of dozens of times having to try and get a good sound out of Peavey Bandits in various rehearsal studios and borrowed backlines back 20 years ago when they were standard issue here for some reason.
                            The good old Peavey Bandit. Bullet proof, reliable, inexpensive and hard to get a good tone out of. Our high school had them but I had my trusty Fender Champ which pissed all over the Peavey Bandit. Peavey was known as a country western and southern rock brand. Nobody wanted Peavey stuff in the 1980's unless you were Molly Hatchet, Lynard Skynard, or Hank Williams Jr. Our dream amp was a Marshall. Everyone seemed to have Fenders. My first big amp was a Super Twin with a 15 inch extension cab driven by a Tube Screamer. I got booted out of the high school auditorium for playing it too damn loud. LOL!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

What was cool about that old Fender rig is it could do double duty. Sometimes it was a guitar amp and other times it was a bass amp. It worked great for both. I still like the sound of 15 inch speakers. It was loud as pure doom though.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Peavey's real expertice was making high powered, bullet proof solid state power amps and speakers that could handle the load. For the money they had the best PA's made in the 1970's and of course if you can make good PA equipment you can make good bass equipment. Their guitar stuff was petty steril and I don't think they really understood tweaking guitar cabs and amps until they started working with Eddie Van Halen. Peavey got a lot better after they worked with him and continues to get better.

Comment

Working...