Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GAR
    Banned
    • Jan 2004

I thought the whole idea behind joining the EU is by joining economies, you eliminate tarriffs and duties? No?

Comment

• Seshmeister
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

No.

You eliminate tariffs and duties between countries who are in the EU.

If the US wants to join the EU then that would be great. The US has a history of trade protectionism and you can't expect the EU to have it's goods taxed by the US but not tax yours back obviously.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

That's also why your idea of Scotland leaving the EU as an independent country was baloney. We couldn't survive outside because we wouldn't be able to competitively export into it and would face all the US barriers on the other side of the Atlantic and would be in a weak negotiating position to get them lowered.

Comment

• GAR
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

Eh, well let's hope the current dissent leads to dissolving the EU and things going back to the way they were, it's cheaper in the long run I believe to just have a simple tarrif without the complicated Ponzi-stacking of one border tax if you do it this way, but not if the other.. or none at all if there is no "border."

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            No.

You eliminate tariffs and duties between countries who are in the EU.

If the US wants to join the EU then that would be great. The US has a history of trade protectionism and you can't expect the EU to have it's goods taxed by the US but not tax yours back obviously.
            Actually the globalists want us to join the EU. No thanks. There's a time and place for tariffs and we are nuts if we don't put some on China soon.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

He's 87!
              His son gave us a tour. I was expecting Marshall to be much bigger but I got a kick that you can go and have a cup of tea while they service your amp. Very British and very cool!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                Hmm I wonder does Peavey have a Custom Shop - you could have someone on the board pick up a used 5150 head off Craigslist for $400-550, have it sent to Peavey for a 6534 board, trannys and extra tube upgrade, then have it sent from there to Peavey's Oakley Hay Corby Northants UK facility as a "repair order" getting it in with a container shipment, paying no duty and no shipping.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

Fuckin A Hartley's da man...
                  Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • May 2004

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2004

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

Looks like the upgrading of used 5150's to a 6534 idea is actually feasible, unless as we see in clip 3 Hartley's just running hot air.

"Once an amp leaves shop here, I never want to see it again that is, I don't want to send it off to find out it breaks down."

Great. "of course, handwiring of an amp is a more costly way to do it but these socalled gurus don't have to charge 3x as much" excellent.

Hartley shoudl be able to find a price on retromodding his garbage 5150's into this new adequate design, then if all those clips are the truth.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Apparently the 5150 is what Eddie wanted at that particular time. A buzz box to cover up Sammy's singing. From a reliability perspective, I never know of anyone having any problems with the old 5150. Modding one over to EL-34's would involve resoldering some pin connections and maybe changing some resistor values.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

That's also why your idea of Scotland leaving the EU as an independent country was baloney. We couldn't survive outside because we wouldn't be able to competitively export into it and would face all the US barriers on the other side of the Atlantic and would be in a weak negotiating position to get them lowered.
                            I could keep you afloat by drinking single malt and playing golf.

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
                              Sniper
                              • Oct 2009

I heard the original 5150 is really, REALLY, buzzy and noisy... Noise gates are a must when you own the stack I imagine
                              Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by VanHalenFan5150
                                I heard the original 5150 is really, REALLY, buzzy and noisy... Noise gates are a must when you own the stack I imagine
                                I heard that about the block faced one but never played through one. I use a 5150 II which is voiced different and has a better clean/crunch channel. My amp isn't noisey at all but I used real good Dimarzio cables and my guitar is shielded real well. I dial in a real nice crunch tone that cleans up with volume knob and run the lead channel pretty hot. Every time I hit the button I go HOLY SHIT! because the sustain and harmonics really take off. It's like I have my main setting with the boost from hell. I love it.

Comment

Working...