Thread: Everyone is a boss

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status

Everyone is a boss

We have all these politicians and who do they work for? Mobil Oil? British Petroleum? Wells Fargo? Chase Bank? Some of these politicians think this is the case because they have been more than willing to take our money and give it to these corporations.

The fact is we are the boss and these employees of ours called politicians have stolen from the boss. Us. If you steal from the boss you should get fired. The problem is only 20% of the bosses even bother to vote every two years. Even worse most don't even bother to check and see what their employees are up to and it usually stealing from the boss.

So let's fire some of these bad employees and vote Nov. 2 and let the new ones know we are going to be watching the store very carefully next time. We have two agencies that supply potential employees the Democrat agency and the Republican agency. Both have supplied some real shitty employees. There are some smaller agencies as well but they don't have the big promotional budgets but can provide some good employees.

All I can say is being a boss is a bitch and a lot of work but if you don't want the employees to ruin your livelyhood you have to constantly watch the little bastards and let them know what will happen if they caught stealing from you.

We are all bosses and it's time we acted like we are.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    LOL!

You want people to vote for the tea bagger candidates and think that they will do a good job because you will be keeping a close watch on them?

You want to employ this?

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FRWWecTWPaM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061& amp;color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FRWWecTWPaM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;color1=0x402061& amp;color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    ID vote for Christine based on her stand on the issues.

If she's a liar and goes party-line wallflower, there's always the next election.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Look. Things got out of hand in Washington DC because nobody was watching the store. Most people don't bother to vote and the ones who do usually just vote the party line. Once the elections are over everyone forgot about it because times were good with cheap loans and a bubble economy to indulge in. People wake up when their taxes get jacked and the home they almost have paid off is the first to be foreclosed on since the bank has gotten most their money out of the deal.

What we need to do is go to the meetings and the votes. You don't have a million people come to Washington DC for a weekend and then leave. No. A real protest is when a million people come and stay and go to the meetings and voting sessions. The politicians would really hate that. They usually only have to deal with us at election time.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Where did I ever say vote for tea bagger candidates? There really aren't any unless they are a write in. There is no Tea Party on the ballot. If you want to know I'm voting for Democrats, Republicans, Independants, Consitutionalist, and Liberatarians. I vote the candidate and for one office on the ballot a Democrat is the better of the two. I never have voted the party line. I think they should remove the party affiliation from the names on the ballots just so people will have do some research on the candidates instead of checking all the boxes of one party or another.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Christine is no Stanford biologist by any means but I think this is what she was alluding to.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10441350/

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The irony is she is a human being walking about with the brain of a mouse.

ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Look. Things got out of hand in Washington DC because nobody was watching the store. Most people don't bother to vote and the ones who do usually just vote the party line. Once the elections are over everyone forgot about it because times were good with cheap loans and a bubble economy to indulge in. People wake up when their taxes get jacked and the home they almost have paid off is the first to be foreclosed on since the bank has gotten most their money out of the deal.

What we need to do is go to the meetings and the votes. You don't have a million people come to Washington DC for a weekend and then leave. No. A real protest is when a million people come and stay and go to the meetings and voting sessions. The politicians would really hate that. They usually only have to deal with us at election time.
    Realistically though none of that is going to happen. Plus do you really want the tiny minority of 1 million people having so disproportionate influence? What if it was the 1 million communists in the US or the 1 million facists? Actually that's a bad example Beck only drew a rally of 80 000.

If you want change you need radical electoral funding reform.

On average each member of Congress spends 6 hours a day fundraising for their next election campaign.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Seshmeister View Post
    That means she would fit in just fine with the current situation in Washington DC. They don't even bother to read the bills they vote on and sign into law so you don't even have to read anymore to be a politician. The corporate lobby takes care of everything.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The passive attitude of nothing is going to change nothing is going to happen is the problem. Sure the corporate lobby can buy who we vote in because too many Americans sit on the fence and do nothing about it. If there is a corrupt corporation you don't like, boycott it. Enough people boycott it, it goes out of business. You don't like a politician, vote them out. Plus, the more involved we are in the day to day process, the more heat they fill from us. The current situation is the result of too many people doing nothing.

The Democrats and Republicans went astray because the corporations pay more attention to them than the average voter. If you aren't involved in the political process, you deserve what you get.

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    It's going to take a couple elections but we can get the jobs back and turn things around. We were too distracted by other things and let the politicians run at free will and this is the result.

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So true, she is beyond a mental-midget.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    The concept that "politicians work for us" holds as much water as saying to a police officer "I pay your salary in taxes!" as he writes you a ticket or beats you over the head with a night stick. Try telling striking NFL, NBA or MLB stars that they should get off picket lines and get back to work, as technically as a season ticket holder or casual fan, you are a shareholder. It's a terrific idea in theory, but about as practical as buying lottery tickets as a retirement plan, with the odd exception that with the lottery, you actually have a chance in hell of winning.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Dude. I sued the IRS and won. You would just say it's impossible and take it up the ass.

Perpetually Befuddled
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    Dude. I sued the IRS and won. You would just say it's impossible and take it up the ass.
    Well "dude", I had just the opposite experience with the IRS. So don't tell me about laying down and taking it up the ass, as you know absolutely nothing about my situation. I had a very competent tax lawyer, who made certain I had all of my i's dotted and t's crossed, and it made little (if any) difference. So spare me the smugness, just because you happened to get lucky.

Open 8am-5pm M-F
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    Quote Originally Posted by chefcraig View Post
    Well "dude", I had just the opposite experience with the IRS. So don't tell me about laying down and taking it up the ass, as you know absolutely nothing about my situation. I had a very competent tax lawyer, who made certain I had all of my i's dotted and t's crossed, and it made little (if any) difference. So spare me the smugness, just because you happened to get lucky.
    Dude. lol

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    I was gonna suggest a Return of the Groan button thread but.. does anyone know if vbull has a Cry button hack? If it won't bog the site down let's try that out for awhile!

Fuck this and fuck that
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    And not in the way Douglas Adams wrote about mice in the Hitchhikers books, either!
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Banned
    132dB's At Your Service

Member No
    Last Online
    @
    Status
    So long as she votes on on Cap n Trade who gives a fuck - a fifth-grader could make a better congressman than those spineless Democrats!

Thread Information