DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

Thumbs up Cue the Pantera version of "It's getting better all the time..."

Welcome back HR - and I'm happy to say we now return you to your regularly scheduled gear forum.
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-12-2014 @ 11:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 757 Posts

Well J, you definately put time and effort in here to try to stabilize things but in the end the only thing that worked was the hammer. I'm willing to bet the trial and error thing came from doing recordings.
    Some cockroaches wear armor apparently.
    Thing I don't get is that the departed's persistence would serve him well in almost every other area of life.
    Why use it to be the fart in everyone's soupbowl?
    Hey Jackass! You need to [Register] or log in to view signatures on ROTHARMY.COM!

ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-12-2014 @ 11:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 757 Posts

With regard to Dimebag, I was never a Pantera fan and never really heard them (except the Cowboys from Hell clip here)but judging by seeing him shred when he was a kid it appears he started by imitating EVH. It always comes down to the song, it's got to be compelling and interesting, and I didn't feel any of that from CFH. All that work just to get offed by a fuckin wacko is just tragic, and doing aggressive angry music you're bound to attract some that are chronically pissed off.

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

Huge PANTERA & DIME fan......

Killer tone.....

Best use of a soildstate amp....period

great chops & all feel....

Check out HEARD IT ON THE X by Dime Vinnie & Rex......TRE DIABLOS or some such........

he is greatly missed....DIME that us

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-20-2021 @ 05:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,978 Times in 1,378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock69 View Post
    Firstly, this thread was once about Dimebag Darrell.

Some peeps around here wonder why I disappeared for awhile.

Part of it is because the nobody in charge around here will take a stand and ban this worthless goddamnable fuck.

Another reason was that again, this mentally inferior wastoid blowjob giver destroys everything he touches. Much like King Midas in reverse. Every thread he posts in turns to shit.

If the mods/admins here would get off this "I don't want to bother Sarge" bullshit, and simply say to him "I banned Garfuckle, he was destroying the forum YOU pay to upkeep", and not back down on your position, there would be an awful lot of people who could actually have some interesting, informative and entertaining conversations without this fucking piece of shit talking out of the asshole in his face and preventing this site from being as great as it could be.

Give ME Sarge's fucking email address and I will tell him myself what is going on here and how to remedy the situation. Since nobody else here seems to have the incentive to do so.

Back in late summer, I distinctly recall some comments made by the admins/mods here that the issue of Gar was definitely going to be dealt with. Yeah right. I knew that was a load of shit when I heard it.

Lastly, I just needed a break. Have taken care of some things in real life, and have some free time to post again, but really am not interested in doing so until Garfuckle is kicked the fuck out of here permanently.

This place is fun when Garfuckle is not here. When he is here, to me, it is not worth wasting my time reading his mumbling infantile ravings. His bullshit is an irritant that NO SANE PERSON should have to deal with.

Which is good enough reason for me to stay away.

Now a couple of comments regarding Dime:

You ignorant fuck. Dime did not write the lyrics. So STFU.

The above is a statement by a TROLL, as everyone on this site and beyond understand the reality was exactly the opposite.

TROLLS Like Garfuckle should be beaten severely.

Again, the above statement is not true, and everyone knows this.

It's sole purpose is to cause a disruption on this forum, and contributes nothing to this website or the Roth Army. It is the statement of a TROLL, designed to do nothing but disrupt legitimate conversations the membership here are trying to have.

You would think Sarge would like for people to come here and WANT to sign up here, and would WANT to participate, and would therefore give Pojo or others here the free reign to ensure this is the case.

All that trollboy does here is piss people off.

There is only one other possible reason that pus-face is allowed to post here, and that would be that Garfuckle is someone whose ass they are kissing for some warped reason. For all I know Garfail could be someone famous that they dare not ban for fear of pissing off Sarge.

But the above is no reason to subject the current membership of the once great and mighty Roth Army, as well as honored guests who read but do not sign up, to his never ending trolling oral diahrrea.

I am glad that you all appear to be doing well, Garfuckle excepted, and hope you have great holidaze, and that you all are able to weather the recovery of our fucked up economy.

I will be checking back in periodically, but if Garfuckle is still allowed to fling his shit all over this forum, I will not have anything further to say. If I should check in someday in the future and he is gone, then I will consider that sensible heads have prevailed, and will be able to post here on a daily basis without having to waste my valuable time telling loserboi to go fuck himself.

When Garfuckle jumps in front of a train, the world will be a much better place.

Peace

Die in a fire, Garfuckle.
    Post of the month!

Good to see you back HR.

Gotta chime in on why the Mods haven't banned the piss drinking, shit smearer.

How does someone who derails every fuckin thread he post's in, baited I*lamic radicals by using an inane alis (of all things) resulting in the site being hacked , still allowed membership???
    If Savicki's penchant for young girls and necrophelia (in the real world) attracted pedo's or the authorities to hack the site. Would he be banned?
    Come on guys, it's time to take out the trash!

(Sorry for the thread derailment...)

Professional Smartass
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-05-2021 @ 07:55 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,578 Times in 878 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondjimi View Post
    Post of the month!
    Gotta chime in on why the Mods haven't banned the piss drinking, shit smearer.
    He has been banned, you silly Canuck...

7. Thanked Guitar Shark for this KICKASS post:

Diamondjimi (11-18-2010)

∞ SHEEP PEN GYPSY
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-25-2024 @ 06:27 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 685 Posts

Lets move on.....

he's FLUSHED...........

GEAR STREET can get back to talking about GEAR....pros & cons......all opinions welcome......

9. 2 users say thank you to Matt White for this KICKASS post:

Diamondjimi (11-18-2010),jhale667 (11-18-2010)

C.U.N.T. Ambassador
    Full Member Status

Member No
    Last Online
    12-10-2014 @ 10:07 PM
    Status
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Gar's been banned?
    Praise of freaking praise!

aweee... Jeeez... Mean there is reason to visit regularly again? Maybe, even post real stuff? And like say real things again?

Makes me feel .. oh the thought... make me feel soft warm and sweet.... I hope this is true and I am not just mis-reading....

I might even, starting watching for good Journals Entries again..... sniff, sniff...Don't mind me. It is just allergies... Anyone have a clean hankie?

Cunning Linguist
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    04-07-2016 @ 01:20 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,110 Times in 2,874 Posts

Talking Recording content!!!

Speaking of back on topic, there's a "How to get Dime's tone" (for home recording) on Gibson.com of all places...

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyl...arrells-guita/

(Gotta figure there's similar set-ups possible in PODfarm and Amplitude as well)

Since Pantera first burst onto the scene, Dimebag had an unmistakable guitar tone. His early work on Cowboys from Hell propelled Dime and the rest of the group into superstardom, where they would stay for almost 20 years.

Unlike guitarists like Zakk Wylde who haven’t changed gear that much over the years, Dime made several changes. He started off using Washburn guitars, later switching to the Dean guitars that many new fans have come to recognize.

Dime also used a collection of Randall amps throughout his career that included the Warhead and the X2 Warhead. In 2004, Dime made another big change in his gear when he switched to Krank amps.

For much of his career Dime used a Furman parametric equalizer, an MXR Flanger, and a Wah pedal―in his later years he used his signature Crybaby from Hell Wah from Jim Dunlop. Of course, Dunlop also made the MXR Dime Distortion, rounding out the tone that made Dime’s playing so famous.

I am going to use Native Instruments’ Guitar Rig to build a preset to play Dime’s early Pantera songs. (Don’t have Guitar Rig at home? Click on the contest link at the bottom of this page, and you may win virtual amp and cab emulation from Native Instruments’ Guitar Rig—and a Les Paul Traditional, to boot!) Of course, you may have to make some adjustments depending on the guitar you are using.

I don’t often use a Parametric Equalizer in my guitar tones, but we are going to use one this time. Insert the EQ below the amp and cabinet and use the preset called Presence Boost―this will give the tone a little pop at 3k.

For the amp, I decided to use the Instant Gratifier using the Raw setting. Put the Master on 8.5; Gain = 9; Bass = 8; Mid = 6.5; Treble = 9; and Presence = 9.5. The cabinet should have the mic setting at 90 percent and a full dry setting on the bottom.
    I put a Flanger in right after the amp, so you can pound away with “Cowboys from Hell.” I use a relatively low Flanger setting, but with the rest of the gear, it comes out just fine. Drop the speed to -2; Intensity = 1.5; and Width =2.

The last module we are going to insert is the Demon Distortion―kind of fitting for Dime, I think. I have Volume = 4.5; Bass = 5; Mid = 8; Treble = 7, and Gain = 7. You want to play with the Gain and Volume settings to achieve the sound you’re looking for depending on what Dime song you are playing.

Don’t forget to turn on the Noise Gate, especially if you’re using a high-gain guitar with active pickups. If not, your ears will be begging for mercy when you stop playing!

Here's a seemingly pretty decently done fan page outline of his gear over the years...

http://www.angelfire.com/ri2/bob2/dimebag.htm

Last edited by jhale667; 11-19-2010 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Oops

"EVERYBODY UP!!!"™
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    01-20-2021 @ 05:28 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,978 Times in 1,378 Posts

Great find bro.

Dime new exactly what he wanted, and he new how to get it. Starting at "BRUTAL" and go from there....

DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:17 PM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    I saw the Doobie Brothers around 1978. One of the guitarists had one of those Dean guitars. I thought it was cool at the time. I really wanted one. When Dime was playing them, they were dated guitars and nobody wanted them. He really did do his own thing. He played an old Dean guitar through a solid state amp when everyone wanted Kramers and Marshalls.

The Australian.
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    Member No
    Last Online
    10-07-2023 @ 07:35 AM
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Express View Post
    He played an old Dean guitar through a solid state amp when everyone wanted Kramers and Marshalls.
    that's the thing, bro. find your unique thing you like, and damn the torpedoes! i also read many times how he won some of that gear in contests, and decided

he really liked it. like many of us here, my early gear choices were fiscally based

ibanez roadstar and crappy acetone 100w solid state, boss ds1. beautiful!

Rock God
    DIAMOND STATUS
    Member No
    Last Online
    03-03-2024 @ 04:13 AM
    A Small Dive in a trashy neighborhood somewhere on Fornax 9
    Status
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,647 Posts

I saw Pantera once on the Vulgar Display Of Power tour in a 2,000 seat ballroom.
    Just as with other late guitar heros (like Randy Rhodes and Stevie Ray) I count myself fortunate to have seen him one time.

To this day, watching live concert footage of Dime is like watching a large bomb going off.

Absolutely amazing.

And I always thought the Pantera Home Videos were fucking hilarious.

Only thing about watching them now is I have to watch asshole Phil in them. But oh well this thread is not about him.

It's about Dime.

By the way, this is one of my fave shots of Darrell:

Last edited by Hardrock69; 11-20-2010 at 12:01 AM.

Thread Information