X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vanhalenrocks
    Full On Cocktard
    • May 2004

Originally posted by GAR
    Every time I talked to him he had a LOSER beer in his LOSER hands.

Guys like this LOSER dont care about their tone, he hid behind his distortion to cloak a great lack of dexterity and choked notes.

Kids didn't grow up admiring him the way they did EVH or Angus. They admired him like the little kids point fingers of admiration at the 30 clowns piling out of a VW Beetle "look at that, Gramma!"

He out-did himself on a yearly basis how gross he could dress and look, because that's how he was. He didn't give a shit about anything, not even his sound.. and the only reason he went with Krank was they smoked pot together and supported similar views on marijuana.
    Your opinion is a piece of shit, just like you! What clue do you have about who the "kids" are admiring you old fuck? I'm hesitant that you even mean the shit you say, it's so retarded.

Comment

• GAR
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

Show me a pictorial layout to prove me wrong: you're saying he developed more class as time went on?

People with bad taste will always find a leader to exemplify those ideals, or else Trent Reznor would still be working as a telemarketeer.

Comment

• vanhalenrocks
        Full On Cocktard
        • May 2004

Originally posted by GAR
        Show me a pictorial layout to prove me wrong: you're saying he developed more class as time went on?

People with bad taste will always find a leader to exemplify those ideals, or else Trent Reznor would still be working as a telemarketeer.
        You're speaking in tongues again, like the troll you are. You're just some idiot with horrific taste (and I have no idea why you'd be at the Roth Army). Take your holier than thou bullshit attitude and shove it up your ass.

Comment

• GAR
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

Like Trent, Darryl kept himself in a perpetual state of tragedy. Likeminded people are attracted to such crap... just because some enjoy miserable music, doesn't mean it's any good.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2004

GARfail....

You don't care for Dimebag. We get it.
            Who the fuck are you to judge him as a person? He was 10 times the human being you'll ever be.
            Saying he hid behind booze and drugs? Pfft, puhleeease.You must have run with a bunch us candy asses when you were growing up.
            He lived R&R 24/7. Full on 100 %
            On the other hand...You are a worthless bitter troll on a message board. Dime worked his ass off to get to his status. You are simply a jealous sack of shit who's achived fuck all. Hell, you couldn't a single riff or fill in that video and you know it...
            Now go eat a bag of dicks and stay the fuck out of Gear Street!
            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
              Back on fucking topic - has anyone tried the Krank amps Dime had started using prior to his untimely passing?
              No. Not only haven't tried the amps, I've never tried krank either.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

When you are laying in a KISS casket and Eddie Van Halen himself lays one of his most famous guitars inside with you at your funeral, that's some heavy shit. All I can say is Gar would actually have a real guitar if he dug up Dime.

Comment

• GAR
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                  Who the fuck are you to judge him as a person?
                  I dunno.. met him? You met him before? NO. Don't be a babyhead from seeing me shit-up your misconceptions that he was some exemplary person that he was not.

Comment

• GAR
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    When you are laying in a KISS casket and Eddie Van Halen himself lays one of his most famous guitars inside with you
                    .. that some crazed fan put you down in?

Not the kind of status I'd recommend anyone to seek. That ain't "rock n roll," that's called dead.

Comment

• Coyote
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

IMO, Dime was the natural continuation of EVH...

Which explains my interest in his playing, which in itself had an awesome loose "let-it-all-hang-out" vibe.
                      Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

continuation = in what way?

A large lit band marquee above the drum riser?
                        A loud backline of amps?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                          .. that some crazed fan put you down in?

Not the kind of status I'd recommend anyone to seek. That ain't "rock n roll," that's called dead.
                          You should be popping open the champaign. The asshole you so hate got what was coming to him and he's no longer polluting the planet. Dime is dead but yet Gar is still unhappy. Go get drunk, find a whore and celebrate. He's dead! The scum bag is dead and he can't pen anymore of the lyrics that so disturbed you.

Comment

• jhale667
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

What we have here as usual is another "consensus opinion" (shared by all the real guitarists that post here) and one bitter, jealous, sucked-so-bad-he-quit playing years ago hater's dissenting opinion. Which doesn't count.

Dimebag rocked.
                            Originally posted by conmee
                            If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                            Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                            I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                            Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                            Originally posted by eddie78
                            I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

But to be honest. You are just jealous that some simpleton from Texas made it and you didn't. I bet you were happy as hell to hear he got killed but then you get angry because Dime's legacy is still alive and kicking and his playing and originality still get respect.

Comment

• GAR
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                                But to be honest. You are just jealous that some simpleton from Texas made it and you didn't.
                                Hey now, I didn't put on makeup and lipstick during the Glam days so I certainly wasn't willing to be a grungy de-tuned dirthead beardy-faced flannel fucker, either.

No regrets! I moved to Hollywood, cramped it up in small apartments with the band, hung out in clubs and studios, wrote music, competed the best I could. When you're gone and buried, what do you leave behind but a body of work to say "this was me" right? Worst thing is not having tried.

So please, be brave and go ahead and initiate me to this great body of work Dimebag Darrel left behind that says he's a successor to the Van Halen style, because not only did he do very little leadwork, very little of THAT was inventive and unique of itself.

I suspect that if I had paid any attention whatsoever to the rise and fall of Pantera during that Age of Grunge, I'd be qualified to elevate that statement to say "none of THAT" was inventive or unique at all. But to be fair, I haven't heard all the Pantera and hold firm in the belief that if you don't have a great impact in your first few albums, you won't be regarded as a legacy.

So to me its' great Dimebag thoght Ed's sound was great, but anyone with a brain knows that. Leave it to the marketing gurus to hold this guy up as some kind of legacy though, because he's CERTAINLY a character.

Dimebags best charachterization would be for laundry soap.. he would have sold a lot of Zest with an image like his.

Comment

Working...