Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Haters will hate. Not like anyone cares, though.

Here's Dime ripping as a teenager...

Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• GAR
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
      He loved Eddie's tone but specifically didn't try to emulate it. He set out to find his own.

Here's the video of his visit to the Krank factory, after he'd switched to their (TUBE) amps.

As he says here "Roll with it or get rolled the fuck over."
      Wow, nice admission "I've always been a solid-state kinda guy" up to "so I said to the old lady 'call up Krank and see if they'll shoot an amp over for me to look over' ."

Oh also "I'd never been a tube amp guy cuz I thought that was all ACDC to the lower gain ZZ Top kinda stuff. I didn't think you could get this kinda gain without it being solidstate."

Yeah Dime paid so much to VH's brown sound he didn't know what was up with his amps, even though he apparently knew EVH and knew Ed plays Marshalls and his own signature TUBE amps.

The only reason he went with Krank that year was for free swag. Marshall woudln't touch him because Pantera was done and he knew they'd ask "what band are you doing now?" because the answer would be "well my brother and i are doing a Pantera tribute band touring bars in Texas where I'm probably gonna get shot by some depressed, crazy loon fan inside of a year from now."
      Last edited by GAR; 11-12-2010, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

The only free swag Dime got was from Zakk.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• GAR
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

I don't believe it that.

Comment

• Matt White
            • Jun 2004

Dime had his own tone.....and chops for miles....2 qualities the vast majority of guitarist would kill for....

A bunch of major label releases...and 4 indie records.....

not bad for a skinny kid from Pantego......

I dig the 'ol "Brown Sound" too....but that was 30+ YEARS AGO......

Peeps need to strive to find their own identity...rather than being a clone of a guy who's best work was during the Reagan administration.....

DIME's influence is all over modern metal...and will be for years to come

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
              Dime had his own tone.....and chops for miles....2 qualities the vast majority of guitarist would kill for....

A bunch of major label releases...and 4 indie records.....

not bad for a skinny kid from Pantego......

I dig the 'ol "Brown Sound" too....but that was 30+ YEARS AGO......

Peeps need to strive to find their own identity...rather than being a clone of a guy who's best work was during the Reagan administration.....

DIME's influence is all over modern metal...and will be for years to come
              Exactly.

Anyone who is, has been or ever really was a true "guitarist" that doubts that or attempts to dispute that fact completely has their head up their ass, sorry. Not an opinion, a statement of fact to anyone with a functional brain and set of ears. Might not be the style or tone everyone appreciates, but you can't dispute his abilities, or accomplishments.

In fact, the entire troll theme here is summed up in his own idiotic post.

Originally posted by GARfail
              I'm not the one going out onstage.
              Those who can, DO. Those who can't, bitch. Usually from a library.
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• GAR
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

So I take it that: if you hate on Deadbag Darryl, the terrorists win..

Comment

• ace diamond
                  Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  When you are laying in a KISS casket and Eddie Van Halen himself lays one of his most famous guitars inside with you at your funeral, that's some heavy shit. All I can say is Gar would actually have a real guitar if he dug up Dime.
                  oh for fuck sake..don't go giving him any crazy ideas, dammit!
                  Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                  When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                  "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• ace diamond
                    Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

What we have here as usual is another "consensus opinion" (shared by all the real guitarists that post here) and one bitter, jealous, sucked-so-bad-he-quit playing years ago hater's dissenting opinion. Which doesn't count.

Dimebag rocked.
                    i concur.
                    "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• ace diamond
                      Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

OK, that's funny...a guy who's by his own admission overweight talking about someone "loving food too much"...pot (belly) meet kettle...

Comment

• ace diamond
                        Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                        I'm not the one going out onstage.
                        no, gar you are not.
                        that would be my department.

Comment

• ace diamond
                          Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Exactly.

Anyone who is, has been or ever really was a true "guitarist" that doubts that or attempts to dispute that fact completely has their head up their ass, sorry. Not an opinion, a statement of fact to anyone with a functional brain and set of ears. Might not be the style or tone everyone appreciates, but you can't dispute his abilities, or accomplishments.

In fact, the entire troll theme here is summed up in his own idiotic post.

Those who can, DO. Those who can't, bitch. Usually from a library.
                          hey, i may do my posting from a library, but at least i am still going out and performing as often as i can afford to do shows.....
                          let's not kid ourselves, putting on a show costs quite a bit of money.
                          pay to play system is a bitch, but it's all there is in my neck of the woods..............better than nothing, at least i get to play a live show now and again.
                          also, i've made 4 records of my own, and each has a totally different guitar sound and tone, as i have done experiementing with different guitars, eq settings, pedals, effects, different amps and amp presets, pre-amps.....i've tried several different configurations and set-ups over the years
                          looking for my sound, and i still have not found one i am completely in love with that i am ready to make my own for all eternity.......more tinkering is sure to come........it never bloody ends......tone chasing is an eternal never ending quest...........

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ace diamond
                            ...tone chasing is an eternal never ending quest...
                            Unless you're Jay - he hasn't bought a pack of new strings in 6 years and his golden-age Boogie amps' out of spec but couldn't be happier.

Comment

• ace diamond
                              Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                              Unless you're Jay - he hasn't bought a pack of new strings in 6 years and his golden-age Boogie amps' out of spec but couldn't be happier.
                              if he has found his sound and tone that works for him, then more power to him.
                              gar, there is nothing wrong with actually achieving the goal of finally finding the sound that suits you.
                              my whole point was, that as far as i am concerned, on my cd's, live, etc..., i have not found my tone and sound just yet.
                              not one i'm totally happy with anyway.
                              if jhale has figured it out for himself, then more fucking power to him.
                              i'm happy for him and i salute him.
                              it's not an easy task and it takes a long fucking time.
                              most guitarists never find their signature sound.
                              i'm still looking for mine.
                              i've come fairly close a couple times, but it still wasn't quite right.
                              if jhale has gotten it right and is happy with his sound, good for him and i'm happy for him.
                              however, if you haven't yet found your sound, then i urge you to not give up and to continue the search.
                              it is a very elusive search..........like the pevensi kids hunting the white stag.........

Comment

• ashstralia
                                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                                • Feb 2004

i am the best guitarist you've never heard.

Comment

Working...